T Nation

Simo - The Rebuild 2021

Friday 24th Sep - week 4

Front squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
95 x 3 x 3 sets RPE 8, 8, 8
Lower reps on these just trying to get the form. Not easy but moved ok wrists still don’t like these.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
102.5 x 5 RPE 8 (226 lbs)
102.5 x 5 RPE 8
102.5 x 7 RPE 10
Added a couple of reps to the last set just because

Very short session today. Just trying to fit it in between work meetings and family stuff.

5 Likes

Yer getting pretty good at the bodyweight stuff.

Still a way to go to catch you mate. I have always been fairly good at that stuff but don’t do much of it. Also being heavier tends to make it suck!!

1 Like

BW exercises are so relative to the individual that I don’t think you can compare them anyway. Just as long as your are tearing/burning the shit out of those muscles, you are doing the job. Besides, you have at least 5 extra kilo of calf muscles you have to deal with.

1 Like

I just borrowed some of that special lighting from @aldebaran

Vids from today’s quick session

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUMrY4bPpt-/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Finally caught up, great work as always Mr Consistent! Funny to see the contrast from the running years and great conversation about parenting and your dad, that sort of thing is what makes the community significantly more interesting than a purely lifting forum, as heart warming as Mongolian beef on a winter’s day, speaking of which… you had a chance to get the recipe off the Mrs yet?

3 Likes

Starting the think the whole Mongolian Beef thing was a fabrication, and he’s hoping we’ll just forget about it. But we shall not!

2 Likes

Alright here is the recipe, I think @Cyrrex @dagill2 @alex_uk and @TriednTrue wanted it.

Dry Ingredients
3 x 800g packs of steak - total 2.4kg or 5lb and 4oz.
4 big carrots
1 half of a butternut pumpkin (butternut squash)

Wet ingredients
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
2 tablespoons of corn flower (to thicken)
4-5 cloves of crushed garlic

Steps:

1. Slice the steak into strips about as thick as your thumb. Any smaller and the steak will fall apart when it cooks.
    2 put the steak in the slow cooker
    3 grate the carrot. Put it in the slow cooker
    4 cut the skin off the pumpkin and grate the pumpkin
    5 put the pumpkin in the slow cooker
    6 mix the steak and grated stuff together
    Note I try to have the same amount of carrot and pumpkin. If you can’t get pumpkin the just double the amount of carrot.
    7 mix the wet ingredients into a jug or bowl and mix them together
    8 add the wet ingredients to the slow cooker
    9 turn it on
    10 wait until it’s cooked - 4 to 6 hours depending on how hot your slow cooker is
    11 eat some.
9 Likes

Thanks mate. I really do try to just do the work each week. It isn’t always easy but having a very understanding misses deff helps.

1 Like

That looks pretty manageable, thanks!

The recipe looks tasty and simple to make - both wins in my book. Thanks again!

1 Like

Worked on a little conditioning today with some sand bag carries.
60kg bag
15m out turn and 15m back - 30m or approx 90ft
Did 12 runs, going one every second minute. All done in 24 minutes. Got the heart rate up and pumped some blood around. Good fun

9 Likes

Vids from today’s sandbag work

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUOdMUPv6YK/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

Monday 27th September - week 5

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 2
150 x 4 (330 lbs) - RPE 8
150 x 4 (330 lbs) - RPE 9
140 x 4 (308 lbs) - RPE 9
140 x 4 (308 lbs) - RPE 9
140 x 4 (330 lbs) - RPE 9

Some reps were a little high, some were ugly. But it was just about getting work done tonight. Still happy

Bulgarians
67.5 x 6 x 5 sets (149 lbs)

These are the devils work! By set 2 I really wanted to quit. My neck was hurting, I was getting exertion headache and my right knee was burning like hell. Literally asked myself what would young animals like @ChongLordUno @T3hPwnisher @kleinhound and others do here. And the unanimous answer was shut the fk up and just get it done. Thanks for the push guys.

Inc bench press - 3/40
75kg
Reps - 13, 10, 6 total 29

5kg more than last week. First few reps moved easy but Just ran out of steam. Great pump though.

Bent over row - 3/40
90kg (198 lbs)
Reps - 15, 12, 10 total 37
A little light headed after these.

Arms - a few reps, arms were still sore from sandbag carries so just did some light reps to pump some blood in

Abs - some

Good session tonight. Feeling a little tired but still did some good work

13 Likes

My man! There’s no other option but to do it

1 Like

Lol tell my shite old knee that :joy:

1 Like

That’s some hood work mate. I like the commentator too, really brought a little extra to it.

Yer little shit telling me how red my face was. :joy::joy:

1 Like

I can definitely imagine mine doing that.

1 Like