T Nation

Simo - The Rebuild 2021

Heheh, the other week when I finally squatted 3x315# for the first time in a while, it was an effort of will to finish off the loading as 2 plates, a 25 and 2x10’s on each side. I know the weight is the same, it just didn’t look right…

1 Like

For some reason I also feel like the bar is easier to move of they are all whole plates

Wednesday 15th Sep - week 3

SLDL
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
125 x 6 x 4 sets (275 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7, 7

Glutes so sore these were bad!!! Couldn’t squat down or sit on a bench between sets cause butt was so sore !

OH press
Bar x 10
40 x 5
65 x 4 x 4 sets (143 lbs) - RPE 8, 8, 9, 9

Ok but not as easy as I would like.

Pull ups 3/40 alternate with dips
Reps - 13, 11, 7, 4

Dips 3/40
+10kg
Reps - 17, 13, 10
Last rep was very shaky. Had no more reps here.

Big trip to pump city on these supersets.

Abs - some

Curls some

Good little lazy Wednesday session. Body very sore again which has to mean something !!

13 Likes

Caught up here.
Definitely want that recipe too!
So have you shifted your lower body training to FS and SLDL and Bulgians (:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) post-comp as a break/new stimulus? Can you discuss? New goals?

I will get the recipe on here soon just gotta get the wife to write it out.

I wrote out the details of this training block above (16 days ago). I still have heavy squats and bench. I have SLDL instead of conventional deadlift.
Second squat day I have front squats and second bench day is incline.
This block is a strength / hypertrophy block. Lots more volume in the accessory work. Hoping to add a little bulk.

2 Likes

Great work simo

smart move in my opinion to change it up Rob,in my humble opinion you can cycle exercises in and out without losing much if anything on the big 3 as long as theres some type of similarity. I think assistance work should look to cover both the squat and dead as it saves time and thats precious. I love the front squat as you well know.

1 Like

Thanks Gerry and good to see you in here mate. I need to a bit of work to catch up your front squat though :wink:

yeah and i dont think ill be catching your pull up/dip combo anytime soon either

Saturday 18th Sep - week 3

Front squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 5
90 x 2 - left wrist was very painful had to rack it.

Horrid !! Legs aren’t the weak point here. Just trying to keep the bar in position and upright out of the whole is hard for me. And front rack is so painful !!

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 5 x 5 sets (220 lbs) RPE 8, 8, 9, 9, 10

Feels good to be doing 5x5 with 100kg. There is something special about 5x5 maybe it’s the square number that us nerds like so much.

Pull ups (superset these between sets of bench)
BW + 12.5kg
5 x 3 sets
These were great, good lat stretch.

Cable row 3/40
77kg
Reps - 20, 17, 15
Starting to get a good pump as the weights gets heavier now.

GHR +holding 10kg plate
3/40
Reps - 14, 13, 13
These were ok. Starting to get some cramps by the end. Noticed from the video that I need to raise the feet section a little to get more stretch in the hammies. Will try that next week.

Moved fridays session to Saturday due to very long day at work. Felt good to move some weight. Neck has been jacked up for a couple of days now. Training didn’t make it worse but it didn’t help it either !

6 Likes

Vids from today

6 Likes

cross armed? zombie (no arm) hold?

after multiple sets, I tend to only have 1 maybe 2 fingers left on the bar… wrist stretch etc…

First vid looked solid mate.

All options suck for me. I havent tried with straps as I dont own straps.

Monday 20th Sep - week 4

Squats
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 2
145 x 4 (319 lbs) RPE 9
145 x 4 RPE 8,
145 x 2 - not hitting depth so shut it down.
130 x 4 RPE 7
130 x 4 RPE 7
Squats moving nice on the warm ups tonight. First working set was harder than it needed to be. Had to dig in but energy just wasn’t there tonight. Busy work and low sleep most likely the reason. Not really worried.

Bulgarians
65 x 8
Did 1 set and called it a day. Back and hips were not happy at all. But mostly it was my head that was wrong.

Inc bench 3/40
70kg (154 Lbs)
Reps - 16, 14, 11 - total 41
Big pump on these. Chest was still sore from Saturday but I got more reps that last week so happy. Rests were probably a little longer than last week but I really wanted those extra reps.
Add weight next week.

Bent over row 3/40
85kg (187 lbs)
Reps - 17, 13, 11 - total 41
A little body motion towards the end but good back pump. Will add a little weight next week.

Arms - some
Abs - some

A little bad and a little ok tonight. Squats were off the power just wasn’t there. Skipped the split squats due to some back and hip grumpiness. Then hit the 40 reps on incline and rows and got a great pump. Mostly the issue was with my head tonight. Been super busy at work last few days and through the weekend and I just couldn’t switch on properly. Weak just weak.

4 Likes

…his wife said in disgust, as he gathered his things and headed to the sofa.

3 Likes

Vid from tonight

5 Likes

Mate, those socks with those shoes. That’s it, that’s my post.

2 Likes

I wore those just for you and @boyce79 :joy::joy:

1 Like

Wednesday 22nd Sep - week 4

SLDL

Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
127.5 x 6 x 4 sets (275 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7, 7
Felt better than last week but that is mostly because legs weren’t sore. Kept the rests fairly short.

OH press

Bar x 10
40 x 5
67.5kg 4 x 5 sets - (149 lbs) RPE 8, 8, 9, 10, 10

These were ok. They never feel fast enough but got the reps done. Lost balance with rep 3 set 3 and had to make a small step back, still got rep 4 ok. Last 2 sets were hard work.

Pull ups 3/40 alternate with dips
Reps - 15, 10, 8, 5
I really don’t like pull ups !!still got a couple more reps than last week

Dips 3/40
+12.5kg
Reps - 16, 13, 12
Just got the reps, will add more weight next week.

Good little session tonight. Press was right on the limit of where I am right now. Pull ups and dips gives a massive pump. All good, happy days.

6 Likes

Vids from tonight

3 Likes