Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Decided to put some sand in the sand bag and have a little play this morning. Added 3 x 20kg bags to total 60kg which was more than heavy enough for now.
It amazed me how hard a sandbag is to pick up and carry. Going to need to do a lot more of these before I go to 80kg.
Did 5 pick up and carries. From the garage down the drive turn round back up my be drive. It was only about 12m each way so total 24m or 80ft. The drive was is a slope so easy going down at the start but extra hard going back up. I was done after five, back hurting, abs sore, forearms pumped.
Got my breath and then just did 10 pick ups floor to chest to practice getting it off the ground.
Good quick little session.

16 Likes

So after about 4 years of having two meals of chilli con carne every day through the week. I got a little bored of it last week. So for today’s meal prep I decided to make some Mongolian beef in the slow cooker. 2.4kg (bit over 5lb) of steak with grated carrot and pumpkin with a selection of things to make the sauce that my wife helped with. Came at good and it will be great to eat something else this week.

13 Likes

Now I am sitting here wondering why I never tried to make Mongolian Beef, and it’s your fault.

2 Likes

It is really easy to do in the slow cooker. Let me know if you want the recipe.

1 Like

Monday 13th Sep - week 3

Squats
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 2
140 x 4 x 4 sets (308 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 8, 8

Right knee a little cranky but nothing really. Feels really good to be squatting 3 plates for reps. It always feels like I am doing real work.

Bulgarians
65 x 8 x 4 sets (143 lbs)

These don’t get any easier. Exertion headache and sore neck again by the end. Quad pump was intense !

Inc bench 3/40
70kg (154 Lbs)
Reps - 16, 11, 7 total 34
Couple more reps in the first two sets than last week then I died on the last set. Wicked pump.

Bent over row 3/40
80kg (176 lbs)
Reps - 17, 13, 11
Good reps. Add weight next week.

Good session. Higher rep work makes everything hurt but in a good way

11 Likes

Vids from tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTwhvCXh2EX/?utm_medium=copy_link

5 Likes

I definitely do mate, that looks delicious and I’m getting bored of my current repertoire

2 Likes

It’s definitely completely mental and arbitrary, but there’s something that feels special about breaking a plate plateau like that.

Yeah, I want to see the recipe as well. Although did you mention pumpkin? Not something I would be able to easily get.

1 Like

Butternut squash?

1 Like

Haha, I will just pretend I actually know what butternut squash is, but I honestly have no idea.

It’s like pumpkin but it tastes good, and is readily available (in Britain). Americans probably have another name for it.

butternutsquash_1400x

No, pretty sure the name is the same. I just have no idea what it is, aside from having a funny sounding name.

Picture above

I think I even knew what it looked like. Just no idea what it tastes like. Sounds sexy, though.

1 Like

Less mushy, more firm texture compared to pumpkin, and less sickly-sweet. I’m not sure what to compare it to for a better frame of reference for you, though…

2 Likes

Yes, please!

Nice squats.

1 Like

Funny enough this is exactly what I used. We call it a butternut pumpkin down here. I have asked the wife foe the recipe and will add it here soon.

I will put up the recipe soon. If you cant get pumpkin or butternut then I think you could leave it out and just use more carrot. The veggies are grated and kinda cook down into the sauce anyway so I dont think it will matter.

and it just looks good to have 3 biscuits on each side. LOL

3 Likes