https://www.instagram.com/p/CRqnqc3AYG-/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Super turned on now.

3 Likes

Good job the tight yoga pants are keeping it contained :wink:

1 Like

Release the Beef Kraken

3 Likes

That’s happening behind a pay wall, dude.

1 Like

I love how your shoes complement your 25s

However we need to know

Do your curtains match your cuffs :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Lol now I am going to find a pair of bright red undies and do a session in boots, undies and with 25s just for you.

2 Likes

I felt a slight twinge in my upper back / neck on one of the sets of pull ups last night. Neck was a little sore last night and my right forearm has been numb all day. Hopefully a good sleep tonight and it will feel better tomorrow.

1 Like

Damn now don’t go following me! Hope it clears up soon.
I found a video for neck decompression that feels pretty good, placing a band around the back of your neck , pulling and leaning your head back, and progressing across each pair of vertebrae. Might be worth trying.

As we say down here “she’ll be right mate”
I have had a bad neck for years after a motorcycle accident ruptured a disc. This type of thing comes and goes.

2 Likes

Love the attitude.

Play on!!!

Last full week of training this week followed by a taper next week with the comp at the end of that week. We are still in lockdown in Melbourne with all gyms closed at the moment. The lock down is planned to end at midnight Tuesday so I am still hopeful the gyms will re-open in time for the comp. The plan is to keep training as if the comp in going ahead and if this cant happen I will need to be agile and make some adjustments to the plan.
Body of feeling a little beat up but that’s about normal for me at this stage in a strength / peaking block. Lower back s cranky, right knee still annoying and the left shoulder / bicep tendon is still making itself known. None of these will have a major impact on the training but they definitely don’t help the mental state.

4 Likes

Monday 26th July week 5

Squat

Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
Belt and sleeves
110 x 2
130 x 1
150 x 1 (330 lbs) last warm up moved nice
165 x 1 (363 lbs) moved ok but could have been and inch deeper.
155 x 3 x 4 sets (341 lbs) - RPE 9, 9, 9, 10 (big volume PR)

This was proper work. Felt good to get it done. Right knee a little burning but held together.

Last session of squats before taper. This was a big volume PR tonight. Best with 155 previously was a single set of 2 reps.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 2
105 x 5 x 5 sets (231 lbs) RPE 8, 9, 9.5, 9.5, 9

Good pump on these, chest was bursting. Volume PR for this weight, last time i tied 5x5 on this weight I got 2 sets then only 3,2,2 for the last 3 sets. Quality

Pull ups

BW + 15kg
5 sets - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Wasn’t full into this mentally tonight. Sleep and food over the weekend wasn’t great. Body really feeling the fatigue from the accumulation in this block. Still ticked it off though.

9 Likes

How do you approach a heavy Squat mate? I’ve never really managed to get myself into a pattern with them and my performance definitely suffers because of it.

1 Like

That is a great question mate. For me I don’t really have a different routine for heavy vs less heavy. I just do my belt up, walk to the bar, get tight, unrack, step back, get settled. Breath Into the belt, brace and go.
I try to play little mind games as I settle under the bar like telling myself it is the same as last week or last week was easy. Don’t think they help but it’s just something my mind does.

2 Likes

Vids from tonight
Last squat warm up 150
Single at 165
Triple at 155
First and last set of bench

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRyczYBgXxw/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

I like the simplicity.

How did that 165 feel? Looks like still no technique breakdown from what I can see.

Ideally it would have been an inch lower but other than that it was ok. Considering the fatigue and that my body is still sore from all the reps at 130 on Friday it was a good rep.

Congrats on the big volume PR!

1 Like

…his wife said, giving him a total score of 7 out of 10 points.