T Nation

Simo - The Rebuild 2021

Vids from tonight.
Bench is set 1 and 3
Squat is set 1 and 4

3 Likes

I think @T3hPwnisher must have placed a hex on me. Woke up this morning with pain in my right knee!! Looks like it wandered from my back or shoulder and decided to live in my knee today. Nothin to worry about just more of an annoyance.

1 Like

We were in lockdown again this weekend in Melbourne which meant the family were stuck at home. Tried to use the time productively and did some spring cleaning of the house and also got the kids sort through the playroom and identify toys that could go to charity and other general junk to throw away. Kids weren’t too happy about clearing stuff out until I pointed out that if they make space in the cupboards then there will be room for some new toys!!

Did a fair bit of walking this weekend, 40 min walk with the dog first thing both days, followed by a training walk for the dog to our local supermarket. As part of his training for becoming a sniffer dog we are required to take him to public places. Hard to do in a lockdown but we love close to a supermarket so took an opportunity to take him for a good sniff around the place on both days. He loves going to shops and the like where its all new sites and smells. On Sunday the wife and I took the dog and the kids for a long walk in the afternoon. Kids were on roller skates and scooters, wife and I just walked. Pretty funny watching my daughter on roller skates being dragged along by the dog on the lead.
Its pretty crap being locked down but really feel we made the most of it this weekend and had a productive family weekend.

Body is feeling pretty good from all the movement this weekend. Legs are still a little sore and lower back a little stiff but nothing to worry me and nothing that should effect training tonight.
Starting to worry that this lockdown may go a bit longer and that could effect the comp in a few weeks time. There is nothing I can do about it so I will just continue as normal and see what plays out.

6 Likes

Monday 19th July - week 4

Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
Belt and sleeves
110 x 2
130 x 1
150 x 1
160 x 1 (352 lbs) - moved ok would like it to have been slightly deeper.
150 x 4 x 4 sets (330 lbs) RPE 8, 8, 9, 8

Tried my new sleeves tonight. I bought a set that was 1 size down to my normal training sleeves just for comp. Deff tighter but good.
Reps at 150 were all good, not easy though. Right knee still a little creaky but nothing to stop me.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
102.5 x 5 x 5 sets - RPE 7, 8, 8, 9, 9
Up and down, up and down.

Pull ups

BW+15kg
3 x 5 sets

Good session. Squats just about were I want them and shoulder got through the bench

8 Likes

Vids from tonight
Last squat warm up 150
Top single 160
Sets of 4 at 150
Bench at 102.5

11 Likes

That was a rock solid top single mate. Slowed down for a second, but no sign of form breakdown at all. Is this what you’ll be basing your attempts off?

I will hit another single next week at 165. I haven’t talked numbers with the coach yet but starting to think 160 will be an opener. I want the opener to be solid on the day.

4 Likes

Having a day at home with the kids. They are homeschooling due to lockdown and it was a good excuse to get a day off work. Body feeling pretty good, legs a little sore mostly in the quads back feels fine.

1 Like

Just had me second jab. Now to wait for the massive boost on testosterone and enjoy the gainz. What’s that you say, it wasn’t Tren. Damn !!

1 Like

I also just my second jab. Pretty sure this means I am impervious to absolutely everything. Although I am a bit worried that Bezos fella will be able to control my mind during his space trip.

He is welcome to my mind. These days it’s next to useless :joy:

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d probably let him have 10% or so of my brainpower in exchange for better delivery options to this country.

2 Likes

Lockdown is continuing for another week here in Melbourne. All going well we will be out of lockdown next Wednesday (28th July) which will be 10 days before comp. Just hoping that they dont keep gyms closed longer which is something they did last time.

Body feeling good right now and head is in a good space. I am looking forward to the next training session a day before which is a good sign for me. When I say looking forward I guess what I mean is that I am thinking about the session and planning it in my head and wanting to get it done. I am not eager to do it from a fun or feeling good point of view. All of the sessions are getting heavy now and the body is feeling the accumulation of past blocks. Looking forward is more just wanting to tick it off, hit the numbers and then recover, LOL.

5 Likes

Wednesday 21st July - week 4.
Deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
140 x 3
160 x 1
177.5 x 3 x 4 sets (391 lbs) RPE 8, 8, 9,
Felt good tonight. Again not easy pulls but got them done.

Dropped the Oh work tonight, shoulder a bit sore from the jab yesterday. Saving it for heavy bench on Friday.

Triceps Rollbacks - 3 sets
12.5kg x 12 x 3 sets

Db supported row
16 x 15 x 3 sets
SS
Push downs - 3 sets

Happy with tonight. Deadlifts were OK. Lower back a little creaky but nothing bad. Good tricep and back pump from the accessories

5 Likes

First and last set from tonight

6 Likes

You must have 200 in you.

And…“a night of pulling in the shed”. C’mon mate, it only takes like 3 minutes.

3 Likes

Glad my simple wordsmithing wasn’t lost on you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

God know what’s he’s really pulling

Probably pulling the head right off it the dirty old man :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Didn’t have the best night sleep last night but that is kind of normal after training deadlifts. Felt physically tired but a combination of pre workout and too many thoughts in my head kept me awake for a bit. Feeling pretty good this morning, still no noticeable side effects from second jab, shoulder is pretty much back to normal. My right knee is still a little creaky and burning so I am guessing a small tendon issue. I have had this before, its always as squat weight or volume increases and it doesn’t seem to stick around when I back off a little. Nice cool morning walk with the dog before work this morning ready for another good day in lockdown !

1 Like

Friday 23rd July - week 4

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 5 x 5 sets (286 lbs) RPE- 6, 7, 7, 7, 7
Wore sleeves today to keep the knee warm as it is still a little creaky. These were hard, not in terms of RPE but really feeling the fatigue tonight.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 1
110 x 1
120 x 1 (264 lbs) good pause but got a bit out of groove and it was slow.
115 x 2 x 2 sets (253 lbs) - slow slow !!
110 x 3 x 3 sets (242 lbs) still slow

Not really happy with bench, but I got the work done so that’s a good thing I guess. Old shoulder still being grumpy!!

Pull ups
BW - short rest like one big rest pause
4 sets
9 - 7 - 6 - 6

Getting hard now. Not much more to say.

4 Likes