Monday 12th July - week 3

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 1
145 x 4 x 4 sets (319 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7 (great set), 8
Again really trying to make sure the depth is good on these. Legs and back still a little beat up. These were not easy. Third set was the best. Last set was a little rough think I just rushed it a little to get done.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 5 x 4 sets (220 lbs) RPE 8, 7, 8, 7
Felt good. Only very slight pause on each rep.

Pull ups
BW+15kg
4 sets - 4, 4, 4, 4
Not easy but that’s why I do them.

Abs - some hanging stuff!

Great session. Was still sore from Friday so I knew the squats would be a challenging. Happy with how they moved. The rest was all good.

8 Likes

Vids from tonight

https://www.instagram.com/p/CROdR3VADVr/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

Great work Simo!!!

Realised that when I was playing with the video editor and adding the titles to the vids from last night I out them as 140kg when they were actually 145kg. I was so happy that I even managed to work out how to edit one I forgot what I was lifting. LOL

1 Like

Thanks Rob, I see you said gyms are opening soon, I bet you cant wait to get back at it.

Excited to just be able to pump iron again.

1 Like

Wednesday 14th July - week 3
Deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
140 x 3
160 x 1
175 x 3 x 4 sets (385 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 9, 9
Working on trying to be quick off the floor. Second rep of set 3 was all out of shape made the set harder than it should have been.

Oh
Bar x 10
40 x 5
50 x 5
65 x 4 x 1 sets (143 lbs)
Just did one set to see how they moved. Shoulder still not great.

Db supported row
27.5 x 9 x 3 sets

Triceps Rollbacks - 3 sets

Good session. Lower back a little fatigued but still got through the reps OK. Now on to the next one.

12 Likes

Great job mate, strong deadlifting. Mr consistent over here

Thanks mate. I just keep plodding away and hopefully these add up to something. The warm up were really fast today and the first working set was pretty good too, ran out of puff by set 3 a little. Maybe because I was pulling harder to make the speed on the other sets !!

3 Likes

Got my confirmation details regarding the comp today so definitely booked in. We have a few community cases of covid in Victoria in the last few days so hoping this doesn’t grow and cause another lock down. Feeling pretty good today, some slight lower back soreness from deadlifts but nothing to worry about. Hips and legs feel good and shoulder is as good as it can be. Only 2 more full weeks of training in this block and then the week leading into comp. The plan is to hit a heavy single on squat and bench for the next 2 weeks as well as some heavy reps.

12 Likes

Exciting news man! Looking forward to your comp!

1 Like

Awesome. Maybe you posted it, but what lifts are in the comp?

It’s a powerlifting comp mate so just Squat,
Bench and Deadlift.

1 Like

Soooo….any numbers you aiming for?

1 Like

And do you have a date for my calendar?

I think you should be wearing your singlet for all lifting sessions and vids from now til comp. Need it to feel familiar on the day. :wink:

1 Like

I have my mind set on a total of 500, not sure yet how this will break up between the lifts probably S 180 B120 D 200. Maybe more maybe less, a lot will depend on how I go on the day and if I can get white lights.

The comp is on Saturday 7th August. Lifting starts around 11am and finishes late in the day. I will try to get a post onto the forum on Saturday evening (lunch time your time).

Great way for me to increase my IG following… LOL

8 Likes

Just hoping it’s ONLY the 5x days for Victoria mate, all Victorians are doing plenty of heavy lifting for the whole country where lockdowns are concerned. Feel free to vent here, I’ll see it from over the border in SA.

1 Like

I cant see it being 5 days. They said that last time and it was nearly 3 weeks. There are heaps of new exposure sites with lots of people isolating and being tested. I think we will see higher numbers for a few days which may mean a longer lock down. I like all Victorians are totally over this approach. I understand why we do it and the alternatives are certainly not any better but its still painful.

Friday 16th July - week 3

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
125 x 6 x 4 sets RPE 7, 7, 6, 7
Back was all sorts of creaky tonight. Right knee / quad a little iffy too but probably just old man pains. Third set was good, starting feel comfortable getting a proper depth and using a little stretch rebound in the bottom. It sounds counter intuitive but going deeper or to proper depth when I am tired makes it easier.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 2
110 x 3 x 5 sets (242 lbs) RPE 9, 9, 9, 9, 9
Back in the shed, don’t love the bar and bench set up compared to the gym. Still just gotta get the work done. Nice pauses in the first set but less so on the others. Shoulder a little grumpy by the end.

Pull ups
BW. - 4 sets - 8, 7, 6, 5
Did these with very short rest, like one big pump set

Back in lock down so back in the shed. Still had a Good session.

4 Likes