Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

I am sure I have it, I wake myself up with my own snoring so I know it’s pretty bad. Only a few days in but wife says it is deff better. I managed to her to sleep a lot quicker with the mouth piece in last night so am starting to get used to it.

2 Likes

Wednesday 16th June - week 4

Deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
140 x 2
160 x 1
177.5 x 4 (391 lbs) RPE 8,
177.5 x 4 RPE 8,
177.5 x 4 RPE 9
177.5 x 3 RPE 10 (rushed the last rep and lost my brace) it went 2 inches and I unfolded.
177.5 x 3 RPE 10

Kept the rest a little longer tonight. These were not easy tonight, but it was very mental just had to keep telling myself to get it done. Missed a couple of reps but still happy. This was a huge volume PR.

Tricep roll backs
12.5kg x 3 sets - 15, 15, 15

Inc supported Db row
16kg x 15 x 4 sets
SS
Tricep press down
4 sets

This was a great session. Back was seriously pumped after deadlifts and rows. Some of this hard work has got to pay off eventually.

10 Likes

Anytime you get to go RPE 10 pays off instantly. Being able to prove to yourself that you got that in you is huge. Good on you dude.

I really appreciate that mate. The last rep on deadlift took some skin off my thigh where I dragged it up, it a full strongman hitch but deff not a clean rep, lol. Tonight I was stinging in the shower not signing !!

1 Like

Some of those must have registered on the RPS scale?

The daddy strength is back up.

Here we fucking go ya big shagging machine

2 Likes

Probably the last rep felt like it was slow so maybe a RPS 3 (3 secs of grind). Its pretty hard do grind out a deadlift much over 5 secs (unless you are @T3hPwnisher ) !!

2 Likes

Mate with the time difference Its nice to wake up and start the day with a motivational boost from my mad Scottish friend. Made me smile and start the day feeling good.

3 Likes

Some big tonnage here indeed, coudos.

1 Like

Mad work mate. Keep it up

1 Like

It’s how to solve the whole “deadlift doesn’t have enough time under tension to be a hypertrophy exercise” problem, haha.

3 Likes

Friday 18th June week 4
Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
125 x 6 x 5 sets (275 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 8, 8, 8
Legs felt pretty good. Lower back pump was crazy!!

Bench
Bar x 5
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 2
110 x 4 x 5 sets (242 lbs) RPE 8, 9, 9, 10, 10
Shoulder still a bit pissey. Still happy with these though. So happy to hit all the reps. Last rep was probably a RPS 5 deff a good slow grind.

Pull ups BW + 12.5
5 x 3 sets

Back in the gym, back on the prowler. The gym has been cleaned as part of the COVID lockdown and they must have steam cleaned the carpet that I push the prowler on. It felt like it was literally stuck to the floor tonight. It was like a max effort set just to do 1 rep. At one point I was pushing so hard I ripped up a carpet tile !! Dropped the weight and did a few more reps but was totally spent from the first 2 max effort reps!!

Great session tonight, so happy to get all the reps in bench.

8 Likes

Bench vids from tonight, first and third set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQQmqZJAULl/?utm_medium=copy_link

6 Likes

A couple of guys training near me tonight started talking to me. They asked how long I had been training and were commenting on the weight I was benching and how good my form was. I then overheard them talking to each other, the comment went something like, he is benching more than we are squatting. Made me smile to myself and I thought imagine if there was someone actually strong training here. :joy::joy:

11 Likes

This!

Not this.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rarer than a unicorn sighting, nice effort mate.

3 Likes

Big Poppa Pump showing the young stags how it should be done

3 Likes

More beautiful as well.

2 Likes

Yup agreed with @SvenG your bench has made consistent gains and is looking very solid! Mr long term consistency.

1 Like

That’s very nice of you to say mate. I’ve just got to keep managing this annoying bicep tendon/ shoulder issue and hopefully it will keep getting better.

1 Like