T Nation

Simo - The Rebuild 2021

Fingers crossed mate, no long term plans can be locked in within backup or cancellation plans in Oz it seems. Stellar lifts here btw.

1 Like

I must have slept funny last night, possibly as a result of having a sore shoulder from my jab. I woke up today and it feels like my neck has been run over by a large SUV. Hurts to even swallow !! squats and bench tonight are going to be so much fun !

Friday 10th June week 3

Walked the dog for 40 mins before training tonight. Longest warm up ever !

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
122.5 x 6 x 4 sets (270 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7, 8
Lower back still a bit pumped from the dog walk. Squats were good though. Big knot in my upper back right where the bar sits. It felt bloody great, like getting a deep tissue massage whilst squatting. Lol

Bench
Bar x 5
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 2
107.5 x 4 x 4 sets (237 lbs) RPE 9, 9, 10, 9
Getting the job done. I would have liked these to be easier. On the last set I literally said ‘release the beefcracken’ to myself and it was easier than the previous set. Thanks @ChongLordUno and @T3hPwnisher for that!

Pull ups BW + 10kg
8 x 3 sets
Lats feeling tonight. These were tough !

Conditioning
Burpees 5
Ball slams 10
Inc sit ups 5
8 rounds in 10minutes - totally fried after these !

Good session, now I really need to eat.

9 Likes

We might need you to post a vid so that we can make sure your technique is correct. Maybe wear a belt next time.

2 Likes

Lol, belt sleeves and gloves just to be safe.

Mate, lots a guys walk around the gym doing things no more taxing then forward-leaning triceps pushdowns wearing all that gear, so if it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for us.

5 Likes

The BeefCraken has been unleashed

1 Like

Have you seen those videos with the singlet too?

3 Likes

Monday 14th June week 4.

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 1
147.5 x 4 x 5 sets (325 lbs) 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
These were hard work. Massive volume PR at this weight. Good work.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
102.5 x 6 x 5 sets (226 lbs) RPE 9, 8, 9, 10, 10
Did the work. Only 5 reps on last 2 sets.
99% sure this is still a volume PR at this weight but can’t be bothered to look. Happy with this.

Pull ups
BW +15kg
5 x 5 sets
3 sets with the 15kg, last 2 just body weight.

Abs
Hanging Knee raises - some

Great session tonight. Nothing else to say.

11 Likes

Sometimes those are the best. Nice work!

1 Like

Vids from tonight
Squats are first and last set

3 Likes

Wait, what? You get holidays for the queen’s birthday?

Yes mate, good old queenie !!

I didn’t even know it was her birthday mate. Shame, far better reason for a day off than most of the Bank Holidays we get.

My dad always complains that down here we get a day off for her birthday and in the UK you don’t. It’s very odd but in Oz we make up any excuse to have a day off. We get a day off for the Melbourne cup horse race and a day off for the footie grand final weekend too. Only in Australia. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

To be fair, we get days off because “it’s August” and because “it’s May”. Makes very little sense, but that’s Britain.

My dad is a civil servant and they get two days off for queenie, one for her real birthday and one for her state birthday

1 Like

For some time now by wife (and kids) have been commenting on how bad my snoring is becoming. I don’t feel like I have apnea or at least aren’t aware of it, and my wife hasn’t mentioning me stopping breathing in my sleep other than when she puts a pillow on my head to stop me snoring ! So to try and reduce the snoring and allow the wife to get some sleep before she takes over the spare room, I decided to give a sleep mouth guard a try. I have only been using it for a few days now and it is not the most comfortable thing to wear but it doesn’t stop me sleeping and wife says snoring it way better. Hopefully I will get used to wearing it and then everyone will get a good nights sleep.
It will be interesting to see if I feel any more rested or if recovery improves with better sleep.

3 Likes

Er, only in Victoria… where’s our day off in South Australia!? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Forgot to mention my food after training last night. Wife had cooked a really good chicken massaman curry which was yummy. After finishing dinner she asked me if I was going to have some desert. What is for desert I asked. She then tells me she has cooked the peanut butter, blueberry and banana backed oats pudding I was in the magazine earlier that day. Seems she heard me fantasizing about it and decided she had the ingredients to knock one up. Whilst I was in the gym smashing out a squat volume PR she was baking me my own masssive gainz desert. I am such a lucky guy.

9 Likes

If you’re truly snoring then you probably have it. I’m the same way. I did a home sleep study years ago and found out I have mild apnea when I sleep on my back but I’m fine if I lay on my side. I use a mouth piece that keeps my lower jaw from relaxing and collapsing my airway. I think I’m sleeping better now. I’ve felt groggy the last couple days but now that I think about it, this used to be my normal. I guess if I notice it as being out of the ordinary then my new normal is good.

1 Like