Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

The best thing with these little challenges is that it opens their mind to what they can achieve if they try. Last night he asked if he could use the $50 to buy something for his minecraft game, he then told me it was actually $80. I told him that for $80 he would need to do at least 200. His response was ‘I will do 300’.
By just doing the 100 and realising it wasn’t too bad he has opened his mind to being able to do much more. This is exactly what we can learn in training too. Some people call it mindset challenges, I think you, @kleinhound and @T3hPwnisher just call it your normal every day training. If we push ourselves hard enough and stop telling ourselves we can’t do things we might sometimes even surprise ourselves. Now he has done it I need to learn from him, and to stop talking about it and do it for myself.

8 Likes

The wee man is showing you up

Sort it out ya big beecaken😂

you lost me with that strange Scottish word, either that or you have fat thumbs. But I deff get the intent. I do need to man up and do more of this. I keep tricking myself that it will steal from my strength which is just about the most stupid thought I have ever had. Its amazing how good the mind and body is at tricking us to be lazy.

2 Likes

100% mate.
There’s always days you don’t feel like training or some goal feels impossible, but once you’re already through those gym doors you’re closer than you were before so you might as well keep pushing forwards

1 Like

Haha mate it was a typo

Beeeeefcaaaaake

1 Like

I said it in the voice of Rab C Nesbitt and it sounded great :joy:

Feeling pretty good today, no carry over doms from squats on Monday and lower back is good. My neck felt a little jacked up on Monday and Tuesday but must have slept well because its Ok today. I am getting my first vaccine jab this afternoon. I still plan to deadlift tonight assuming my arm doesn’t go dead or anything LOL.

Wednesday 9th June - week 3

Deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
140 x 3
160 x 1
175 x 4 x 4 sets (385 lbs) RPE 7, 8, 9, 9
Felt good tonight. Last set was hard but still good.

Tricep roll backs
12.5kg x 3 sets - 15, 15, 15

Inc supported Db row
16kg x 15 x 4 sets
SS
Tricep press down
4 sets

Had my first COVID jab today. Shoulder was a little numb but didn’t need it for deadlifts anyway. Good session, solid deadlifts and a good pump.

7 Likes

Vids from tonight first and last

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP5V1RsgwZ5/?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes

Is this a teaser for your exclusive content?

That’s it mate. Actually the story behind it is that my neighbour’s wife requested me to wear the big show costume again. Who am I to deny the people what they want :joy:

4 Likes

I remember not that long ago 170 ish being pretty maximal for you, now you’re doing multiple sets of 4 with it so somethings working for you.

1 Like

Yep 170 was a max a while back and I haven’t done more that 2 reps with 175 until today. 16 total reps was pretty good for me, even if I do say so myself :wink:

5 Likes

Good to see you killing it again after that start to the year.

Yes it feels good to be moving forward. I am still a long way from where I want to be and from where I think I can get to. Just need to keep plodding along.

I actually read it as a combination of “beefcake” and “kraken” and thought it was f**king awesome as a result.

“Release the beefcraken!”

4 Likes

Funny. I am now going to use that before a big set. Have been using Lee Haneys ‘next set, best set’ but ‘release the beefcraken’ is so much better

3 Likes

BeefCraken it is!

2 Likes

silver linings to Melbourne lockdowns!?

Its not great, we still cant have people to visit homes and gyms still closed. Niece had a baby 2 weeks ago and we cant even visit. Hopefully another week and they will open up more.

1 Like