Monday 10th Dec micro 3 week 2

Squat and bench

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
105 (231 lbs) x 5 x 5 sets
RPE 8, 9, 10, 10, 10
These felt heavy tonight. Wore the belt again and that helped a little.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
80 x 9 RPE 8,
Warm ups felt slow and left shoulder had a niggle. Unracked the bar in the first rep and it felt strangely light. Had to do a double take to make sure I hadn’t miss loaded. Weird!!

80 x 9RPE 8
80 x 9 RPE 9 getting heavy
80 x 8 RPE 10 only 8
80 x 8 RPE 10 only 8
Kept the tests short and ran out of puff here. Lots of reps felt good tonight, just like when I was young and pretending to be a bodybuilder !!

Bent row paused
80 x 6 x 5 sets
These are horrid but great back pump

CGBP tempo paused
5 sets @ 75kg x 4, 3, 3, 3, 3
SS with lateral raise 4kg x some reps

Wasn’t totally happy tonight, squats felt heavy and a little off groove. Was a busy weekend and another tough day at work so head just wasn’t right tonight. Glad I got it all done and now I can focus on the next session.

9 Likes

Good effort - keeping it going on the days when it doesn’t feel good is how you grow!

1 Like

Thanks @steigs, sometimes life seems hard. Training 2 days a week, A wife, 3 young kids and crazy busy at work leading up to Xmas all empties my bucket and sometimes there isn’t enough recovery or positive aspects to fill it back up again.
Having a good workout or a small mini PR is enough just to raise the spirits and keep me pushing forward. And sometimes it’s the tough workouts where you just do the numbers and move forward that make me realise that it all builds to something.

3 Likes

Woke at 86.2kg - I was expecting a little post workout drop in weight but hoping to be above 86.5
I have a Xmas lunch today so a good piece of steak and some chips should help reset the balance !!

2 Likes

The two menaces

5 Likes

Nice pic big J, at least all that walking should keep your conditioning up to scratch. All you need is a 30kg weight vest!!

2 Likes

Christmas is a great excuse to eat mince pies with custard and cream. Love it

5 Likes

Woke at 87.2kg feeing very dehydrated. Thought my food and water was good yesterday but clearly didn’t drink enough. Chest is sore today, that’s the first time I’ve had chest doms in ages, feels good.

3 Likes

Kids end of year basketball part tonight, jumping castles and games for the kids with endless pizza. Had a few slices while I was there with the kids as an early evening snack before my dinner !!! Yer fat boy!!

3 Likes

Sounds like a good evening.

It’s always a weirdly satisfying feeling when you get DOMS in the chest.

1 Like

It is a god feeling. I have been flexing my pecs all day lol

1 Like

Flexi flex gets the sexy sex as they say :joy:

3 Likes

Yep and there were a lot of yummy mummies at the basketball party !!!

2 Likes

I believe the correct term is milf’s

1 Like

When you get to my age you are happy with a smile let alone the “f”

5 Likes

Made me laugh :joy:

Can confirm I say this at least twice a day

1 Like

I always wondered what it felt like to be god lol

Just train your pecs harder and you will know :sunglasses:

1 Like