T Nation

Simo’s Training Log – Trying Not to Be a ‘Fat Dad’

Sounds like you’ve given life some thought mate, goods tuff. PTC in South Melbourne? Is that the one that Marcus runs? I used to read all his stuff years ago, on an Aussie forum, he ran his gym out of his garage, then franchised it I think. I have no idea of where anything is in Melbourne, last time I went was 10 years ago :+1:

Yes mate it is one of his franchise. The main one is in Frankston but south melbourne is much close to where I live. I read his stuff on that forum too.

Theres a ptc in perth, i haven’t been but all i know is they are generally pretty god damn good gyms

Sat 13th Oct

Front Squat with 15kg dumbells - 50 reps

Leg ext - some weight 20 x 3 sets
Superset with
Dumbell SLDL 15kg x 12 x 3 sets

Bench machine
Superset with
Low cable row
5 sets, lots of reps

Dips superset with hammer curl
3 sets lots of reps

Concentration curls - because I am holiday and it’s suns out guns out

14:00 in the afternoon is a hard time to train over here. Hotel gym had air con but still sweated buckets. Great pump.

I have to say my wife is amazing, I wasn’t going to gym today just being a bit lazy. We put the kids in the kids club this arvo and she basically kicked me in the arse and sent me off to train. Either she likes me new strong look and wants more, doesn’t like the fat and wants me to melt it off or she just wanted some peace and quiet. Either way she is bloody Qualty

I’m guessing she wanted some peace and quiet…if she’s anything like my Mrs. :+1:
Good effort getting some work in on your holiday mate. I’m going away next weekend, dunno if I’ll hit the weights or not, depends on the hotels gym :+1:

Recovering poolside with a coffee frappe now this is the life.

So this holiday has almost come to an end. I fly back to Melbourne tomorrow and back to work, training and real life.
The body still feels a little beat up but that is a consequence of not sleeping in my own bed and a mix of playing with the kids and too much laying around.
My new program is in place ready to start when I get back. I’ll do a week of fluff this week just to get the body primed and then into it properly from the 22nd.

The program has 6 weeks of volume which fits in nicely with my eating more and weight gain. After the 6 weeks will come a block of 4 weeks where the reps come down and I peak to see where my strength is at. Going to push these sessions pretty hard and hope to hit some new PR’s at the end.

The other thing I am going to change is I will start using the belt again for the heavier sets. I haven’t used a belt since I returned to training a bit over 2 years ago so it will be interesting to see if it gives me any benefits.

It hides my power gut, I’ve also seen it used while curling… Benefits abound :+1:

Woke at 86.5kg very dehydrated from flight yesterday. Glad to see weight held over the holiday. I usually end up losing a little. No training today but will try and get something done tomorrow.

Really? It just pushes mine up.

Yeah you might be running more than a power gut then…

Note to self, doing high rep squats, leg extensions and SLDL in the same workout 2 days before sitting on a plane for 6 hours will fkn wreck your hamstrings!!! Omg, they are sore to touch and don’t really like sitting or standing.

Lie down. Problem solved.

Lol that is exactly what I am doing at this very moment. My friend you are indeed a genius. :clap:

Good thing they didn’t cramp up on the plane. They might’ve landed early because a passenger was having convulsions in the aisle and refused to get up. :laughing:

Yeah @MarkKO is the problem solver around here :slight_smile:

Woke at 86.3kg still a little dehydrated. Didn’t eat enough yesterday, first day back from hols and the cupboards were bare.

17th Oct primer workout

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 8
90 x 9
90 x 9

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 6
82.5 x 6
82.5 x 6
82.5 x 6

Deadlift
Bar x 5
65 x 5
105 x 6
122.5 x 6
122.5 x 6

OH
Bar x 10
55 x 7 x 3 sets

Little primer workout to get ready for new block next week. This was harder than it should have been.

It’s called a primer workout for a reason :wink:

If you didn’t need to wake everything up then this workout wouldn’t be necessary.

If you are squatting, benching, deadlifting and overhead pressing in a single workout it is going to be a tough one, regardless of weight! (I have no idea how much weight you’re lifting in this kg nonsense, lol)