Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Yer they looked very good. It was always going to be hard for the D’s. Now I have no one to follow in the final. It was good to see the storm get a win too. Now just need to see if Billy Slater gets a week or not?

1 Like

They’ve enlisted probably the best defense lawyer
What will work in his favour is his hand position, I’ve been in a similar position for a shoulder charge at the junior judiciary before in a state match.
Because his shoulder doesn’t contact the head (Not dangerous conduct) and his hand is extended (shoulder and elbow not cocked) then he is able to argue that he is braced, and not defending with reckless intent
It’s a 70/30 chance (70% not playing)

2 Likes

Bloody unreal how the Eagles dominated the game, same as Collingwood the night before. Poor big Nick Nat sitting on the sidelines watching though.
Go the Eagles next week for the Grand!

3 Likes

Woke at 86.1kg, still have this cold which is starting to annoy me now. Will squat and bench tonight which will be tough.
Body is a bit sore today, spend most of the weekend running round with the kids, playing cricket at kicking the footie. Left side sore from all the bowling (I’m left handed) going to make bracing for squats fun today.

5 Likes

Monday 24th September - 531 BBB - 531 week - Squat and bench

Squat
Warm up
Bar x 10
65 x 5
Main sets
87.5 x 5
100 x 3
110 x 1+ wanted 10+ but only managed 6. Was pretty dizzy after the third rep but pushed on. Cold has deff impacted. Not happy but shit happens.

BBB work
85 x 10 x 5 sets (superset with sit ups)
Legs were fried after this. Head was pounding by the end. So glad next week is a full deload

Bench
Warm up
Bar x 10
65 x 5
Main sets
77.5 x 5
87.5 x 3
97.5 x 1+ (Prev PR - 3) Got 6 reps which is a rep PR but only because I haven’t repped this in a while. Wanted more but no power left, feeling very drained.
BBB work
77.5 x 10 x 5sets (9 reps on fourth set, 8 on the 5th set )
These were supposed to be Superset with rows, I did one set of rows and that was it.
Was totally gassed, nose totally blocked wasn’t helping. Did 4 sets of hammer curls between the other sets.

This didn’t really go how I wanted. 12 reps with 105 last week was great but this week there just wasn’t the strength there. Not sure if it is the cold or just a bad workout and to be honest I don’t really care. I fly to Bali in 5 days and can already taste the ice cold beers.

9 Likes

You’re sick. Your nose is fucked, so bottom line you’re probably not getting as much air as usual. That’ll impact. Plus being sick your body will have been using energy to fight the cold. That’ll impact too.

2 Likes

I know you are right mark but the stubborn part of me always thinks it can best a cold with sheer will power. I guess I proved last night that you can’t !!! I’m feeling even more run down today so looks like I’ll be back on the panadol again!!!
On a positive note I woke at 86.0kg so managing to maintain the bodyweight even after training.

1 Like

Fixed

3 Likes

Mate has just added a glute ham raise machine to the gym. Looks like these will be added to my next block

IMG_3296

7 Likes

Lucky bloke

1 Like

Very lucky, my mate told me yesterday he was buying one and actually asked me if there was anything else I needed. I said that once I start using the glute machine we might need to get some more weight plates :wink:

4 Likes

And bigger jeans! (or khakis - whatever you wear)

2 Likes

Stubbies…

3 Likes

Woke at 86.4kg not feeling too bloated. Extra food is working slowly which is a good thing for me at my age !!!

3 Likes

Who even wears pants…

4 Likes

Unfortunately for work I have to wear them. At any other time I do not.

2 Likes

Woke at 86.6kg weight still climbing slowly. Work clothes are getting noticeably tighter now !!
Last training session before holiday today. Deadlift and OH tonight should be fun, I am still fighting this cold but I know it won’t slow down my deadlift too much.

2 Likes

Thursday 27th Sept - 531 BBB - 531 week - deadlift and oh press

Deadlift
Warm up
Bar x 10
65 x 5
105 x 5
Main sets
112.5 x 5
125 x 3
140 x 1+ got 10 reps which is a PR. was dizzy after and couldn’t breath to well. Took a few mins to come good.

OH press
Warm up
Bar x 10
45 x 5
Main sets
50 x 5
57.5 x 3
65 x 1+ got 11 and a half. Prev rep PR was 10. So I’m happy even if it is only a small improvement.
BBB
50 x 8 x 5 sets
SS with
Pull ups + 10kg
4 x 5sets
These were great, massive shoulder, back and arm pump.

Lunges
45 x 10 each leg) x 3 sets
SS with
Dumbbell curls
10kg x 10 x 3 sets
Push ups
20 x 3 sets

Good last session tonight and glad to be going away and having a break for a couple of weeks. I’ll still do something while I’m away even if it’s just lots of push ups and some light pump sessions in the hotel gym. Body will be happy if the rest I think.

6 Likes

Thought I’d add a couple of progress picks. Body weight 86.6kg so about 2 kilos up from last pics in June. (Link to old pics below). Not sure is there much visible change, don’t look too much fatter so that good !!!

Pics from June

Pics from today

Couple of pose ones just for @MarkKO and @losthog fk I am shit at these too. Lol

8 Likes

You’re developing quite the rig mate…