Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Re: glute thrusts
Do you feel they are beneficial for your core? Much translation carrying over to deads?
I feel I’m pretty slow off the ground and wasn’t sure if they would do the trick…

Lol yes I was thinking that the toilet might be interesting tomorrow !!

1 Like

It really sure Jez, this is the first training block where I have used them. I had never done one before 10 weeks ago. I think the real benefit for me has been actually engaging my glutes. My misses keeps telling me how big my arse is so figured if I can find a way to use it my lifts might go up !

2 Likes

Bench from tonight.

https://instagram.com/p/Bmsq5PxhY7A/

2 Likes

I like to do weighted stretches for the muscles that were trained straight after the last set (DC style) and after training stretch the muscle groups I’m going to hit the next day. Feels pretty great

1 Like

What stretches do you do?

Woke at 85.3kg. Thought it would be lower so happy.

1 Like

I’ll get back to you on that. Short answer, not many. Upper body: pecs with a band, shoulders with a band, lats with a band, triceps behind the head. Lower body groin and hamstrings, couch stretch for quads and that hanging upside down thing.

1 Like

Note to self: when hamstring and glute is tight lots of squats and hip thrusters is not a cure.
Legs and butt have a decent amount of DOMS today. Not quite afraid of the toilet territory but pretty darn close !!

3 Likes

So all you big eaters out there. What is your go to quick and tasty way to add some extra protein and calories to your day. Eating chicken and sweet potatoe or chilli and rice all day gets boring and sometimes eating more is just a chore.
@MarkKO @anon96032531 @Frank_C @mortdk @bulldog9899 @littlesleeper @strongmanvinny2 @flipcollar @Koestrizer @I_Luc

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just have a protein shake. I rarely just have one scoop anymore; it’s always 1.5 or 2 scoops.

I used to take hard boiled eggs to work. I also used to eat low fat cottage cheese.

2 Likes

Protein scoops in milk my man.

It’s hard to get in enough protein without them for me and how hot and fast my daily schedule works.

2 first wake up
2 mid day
2 before bed.

Sometimes 2 post workout

2 Likes

Are these all full servings of protein shakes?

1 Like

For protein I go with Harzer Käse (cheese from my home region but available in whole Germany). It doesn’t add a lot of calories: per 100g it has 125 kcal, 30g Protein, 0.1g carbs and 0.5 g fat. The taste is very special and most people I know despise it but I like it.

That cheese might not be available in kangaroo land though.

Other than that it is shakes also (a good thing about working in a gym).
I eat a lot of tasty stuff for calories. No fast food or something like that but I rarely am full so I can just eat absurd amounts.
Also keep in mind that I don’t eat meat so my food choices might differ a lot from what most people in here eat.

1 Like

I’m with the rest in terms of consuming protein powder. I’ll have one of the following every day:
Proatmeal - 2 scoops of protein, 2/3 cups of quick oats, cinnamon, cocoa powder and natural peanut butter.
Protein with granola/cereal - 2 scoops of protein, almond milk, 1cup of Harvest Crunch granola, 1cup of Raisin Bran.

These are typically a pre/post workout meal, but I’ll eat them on rest days as well. Besides that it is 4-6eggs and 700-1000g of meat per day that fills in the rest.

Also, if you’re just looking on adding some mass I’d recommend swapping in ground beef to replace all of your chicken. I rarely eat chicken when I’m trying to add mass. I’m eating ~1.5lbs of ground beef per day right now. I’ll just cook it ground in the pan or I’ll make it into meatloaf or burgers or meatballs for some variety.

3 Likes

We have been eating a ton of 90/10 ground. It comes in a 10lb tube I just slice the patties off and bake them. I get 24 portions out of 10lbd. The servings are around 6-8 oz of beef

5 Likes

I go with the protein as well. But also eggs, milk, bananas, Avocados is high in calories as well.
Oatmeals is easy too.
EDIT: I think I’ll try the ground beef stuff, can cook them and put them in the freezer good to have for lunch I think.

1 Like

whole milk. I drink about a half gallon a day. for me, that’s the ‘easiest’ high calorie food I consume. I snack on peanuts a lot throughout the day as well, I keep a big jar on my desk at work, and just try to get a few handfuls any time i think about it.

The next thing isn’t necessarily something I’d recommend to everyone, but it works for some people, including me. That’s adding in junk food to get extra calories. Like chips, sodas, cookies, ice cream, etc. Those high carb foods aren’t the healthiest options, obviously, but I can eat those when I’m not particularly hungry or in the mood to eat. That comes up a lot for me.

5 Likes

you bake them?? damn dude. at least throw them on the grill, or cook them on the stovetop, lol.

Doesn’t that kill the flavor?

3 Likes

Protein shakes, fast and easy.

I’ll throw together a quick meal with 2-3 scoops of whey (generally isolate) and a handful of nuts. My morning meal is generally a scoop or two of whey mixed with 1/2-3/4 cup of cream of rice and about 4-5 whole eggs. The eggs aren’t really quick and easy, but the cream of rice takes like a minute to make and it gets cooled off pretty fast from the water added, so you can shove it down your face in short notice.

In between meal stuff is usually greek yogurt, cottage cheese…more protein shakes mixed with cream of rice. I literally only eat cream of rice 90% of the time, I realize. It’s awful. I mean, it’s amazing! It’s horrible. It works :frowning:

4 Likes