Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Thanks mate… Cheers :slight_smile:

If I ever come to Australia I’ll bring my gym clothes and a 6 pack for later.

This is a very friendly and motivating place to hang around.

1 Like

Thanks that would be awesome

I should be there on one of the days, that would be good.

1 Like

Mmmmmmm miiilllkshaaaaake.

Cheers Simo, it’s just awesome to chat to like minded people.
If I ever make the trip to Melbourne again, we shall catch up for some squats :+1:

1 Like

In a sad sadistic sort of way, catching up for squats sounds great. We should make it squats and steaks.

6 Likes

I had the same sentiment the other night. I’ve always worked hard but I’ve never had a gym partner. Still don’t. I can’t find anyone on my schedule who is like minded.

As I’ve fallen short of my goals and pondered the reasons why I’ve found this place helpful. I see what other people do and it motivates me. I also open my mouth (or type) my own excuses and people call me out on it. I’ve legitimately had my mind changed about a few things here - - - mostly in terms if my capabilities.

I’ve seen Instagram posts about whiskey deadlifts. I’m pretty sure you take shots before sets of deads.

7 Likes

I have read about this, very small shots, sounds like fun, otherwise a full shot, 10 sets later and that all your doing for the day, Hana.

2 Likes

Whiskey deadlifts or vodka squats. Both sound like they could be fun or end in tears !! :sunglasses:

1 Like

3 Likes

unnamed

4 Likes

No second workout of the week yet. Spent the day at Movie World today which involved lots of walking combined with lots of standing and waiting combined with lots of roller coasters!! Absolutely knackered now so will not train today. Wet n wild tomorrow which will mean even more walking, lots of steps and lots of water slides. Looks like the second workout will be at the weekend. Not bothered, too busy having fun with the family.

8 Likes

Sat 7th July - micro 2 week 1
Deadlift and OH

On holiday in the Gold Coast so took the opportunity to train at World Gym. It felt a little odd training in a commercial gym as I have been training alone in the shed for 2 years. Excellent gym, heaps of equipment and it was great to deadlift on a platform. Just trained in my runners as I didn’t bring my chucks with me but it didn’t effect the output. Had a great session.

Deadlift
Bar x 10
55 x 5
95 x 5
130 x 3 x 5 sets
RPE 7 7 6 7 7
Pulls felt good tonight.

Tempo pause squat
Bar x 10
55 x 5
80 x 5
87.5 x 3 x 4 sets
RPE 7, 7, 8, 8
Squatted in runners tonight so shoes felt a little spungy. Didn’t effect the performance. These felt harder but still felt good. Forcing myself to stay tight for so long is really helping me hold t all together !!

OHP
Bar x 10
45 x 6
60 x 6 x 4 sets
RPE 10, 10 (slight dip on last rep), 10 (dip on last 2), 10 (had to dip on last 4)
45 amrap 12 - I have got 16 on these before but was totally wrecked at 12.
Didn’t have as much power tonight. Haven’t eaten well today and was tired after deads and squats. Wanted to fully pump the shoulders so added a lighter amrap

Pull ups
7 x 3 sets - 7, 7, 10 (added a few extra as feeling good)
SS with hanging leg raise x 20
Used different handle position today and pull ups felt very good. Quality

Overall super happy, good solid session and haven’t missed a workout. #lovethegrind

5 Likes

Deadlift here…don’t mind if I do.

Lots of shiny machines, makes me want to do bodybuilding. Lol

5 Likes

Woke up this morning with a blocked nose (probably in sympathy for @MarkKO)
It hasn’t bothered me all day but siting here now and it’s starting to get blocked again. I better not be getting a fken cold. :frowning:

3 Likes

Thought I would wake to a bad cold but it hasn’t hit yet. Hoping my body will fight it off. Spent the day walking around sea world in the sun. It was just about the perfect way to walk out some leg abs back stiffness. Certainly beats being at work.

2 Likes

Hitting up the rollercoasters?
Havent been to the parks since 2015, have they finished the polar bear exhibit yet?

Yer have been on a few, kids still young so can’t go on everything. Went on the new hypercoaster at movie world the other day and it was pretty full on. It’s all a bit of a blur after the first drop. My 8 year old daughter loves them and went on it twice once with the misses and once with me. She wanted more but we both didn’t want to go again !!! We didn’t go and see the polar bears today but will probably go back to sea world again before we go and check them out.

3 Likes

Still feel like I am fighting a cold today. Having a relaxing day by the pool today and will hit up some squats and bench later tonight. My last workout of the week will be a cold one at the end of the week when I am back home in Melbourne. Sitting here feeling a little too soft around the edges, will deff need to up the work rate and clean the diet up a bit when I get back. I don’t want to cut and strength is still the goal but I also need to be fast and agile enough to run after the kids. Time to up my game.

5 Likes

Monday 9th July micro 2 week 2
Squat and bench

Squat
Bar x 10
55 x 8
85 x 8
92.5 x 8 x 4 sets
RPE 7, 8, 8, 8
Squats felt smooth even with the squishy shoes !!

Tempo bench(3 sec down, 2 sec pause)
Bar x 10
55 x 5 (slight pause)
72.5 x 4 x 4 sets
RPE 7, 8, 8, 9
Nice and tight tonight, trying to focus on rowing the weight to my chest but it was hard.

Row
80 x max x 4 sets
10, 9, 8, 8

Kettle bell swings - 16kg
2 sets 20 reps
Should have been hip thrusters but swapped them out for swings.

Body is fighting a cold and was hot and sweaty before I even started training tonight. But it did not seem to effect my workout. The squats felt good today and I am starting to think that adding the tempo squats and increasing the frequency is starting to make a difference. Last workout at a worlds gym and will recover by walking around sea world in the sun tomorrow.

6 Likes