Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

I’m such a skinny light weight compared to you guys. Nice job man

In bodyweight in lbs, You have me by a score (20) at least mate. You are certainly not a lightweight. And anyway you are letting your lifting do the talking mate and it’s starting to sing. :wink:

Looking good mate. Do you have kyphosis (hunched shoulders, upper back rounding forward) or is that just the camera angle?

You’re looking pretty good

Funny you should ask. I think the camera angle is not being kind to me, the camera was on the dresser so it was low down. I do probably have some sloping of the shoulders that comes with being 40 something male that has spent a lot of years in front of a computer. My last X-ray showed that I have military neck which basically means when looking from the side the neck bones are abnormally straight. This is a type of cervical kyphosis.

Thanks mark coming from you that is a compliment. I would love a 15kg turnaround. Gain 5kg of muscle and lose 10kg of fat. With every year I get older, both gaining muscle and losing fat get harder. That’s why I called out my diet. I really need to give it the same focus as I do my training.

You got it in one. I often say, training is easy: all you’ve got to do is get four to eight hours a week mostly right. Diet is way harder: you’ve got to get every minute you’re awake mostly right.

2 Likes

You have that much gainzz and you only train twice a week? You’re a tank

Looking strong as hell man!

Nice check-in! And a low camera angle isn’t all that flattering. We got a new dresser that’s much shorter so I had to find a new place for my pics. Getting the camera/phone close to shoulder height gets a decent shot.

Holy cow batman - great check in.
You are certainly not a fat dad.
You look like a big strong MF.

Thanks Duke but remember I also have lots of years at this. This game is a marathon not a sprint.

1 Like

@littlesleeper thanks man, @Frank_C thanks for the tips, I’ll have to try putting the camera up higher next time, @mortdk lol yer not too fat but still some way to go, thanks.

1 Like

We’re still around the same weight.
You’re looking pretty solid man. :+1:

1 Like

Looking solid Big Simo! Keep it up mate.

1 Like

Then you must have much less fat than me :wink: You have a lot of kilos on me on all lifts. I need to work on my gainz :muscle:

1 Like

No training today, got up early (4am) to watch England beat Tunisia 2-1. Body felt really good this morning after yesterday’s primer workout. As the day has drawn on the DOMS has started to creep in a little. Guessing I will be sore tomorrow. Food has been pretty good today, got some
Eggs in this morning, chilli con carne and macaroni cheese for lunch and then Mongolian beef with mashed potatoes and Brussel sprouts for dinner. Still need to work in another meal at work to up the protein and cals a little more.

4 Likes

Thursday 21st - micro 1 week 1
Deadlift and OH press

Warm up - barbell complex - bar only; SLDL, bent row, hang clean, front squat, oh press, back squat, BNP, good mornings. 8 reps of each.

Deadlift
Bar x 10
65 x 5
105 x 5
125 x 3 x 4 sets
RPE 5, 6, 6, 6. Deadlift moved fine tonight.

Tempo paused squat (3sec decent, 1 sec pause)
Bar x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3 x 4 sets
RPE 7, 7, 7, 7
These felt really good, slow descent was fine, pause at the bottom was ok and drive back up felt smooth. Next time will try to be a little more explosive on the ascent. Happy for first time trying these.

OH press - band pull aparts between sets
Bar x 10
45 x 5
60 x 6 x 3 sets
RPE 9 (first set felt tough), 10 last one was slooow, 10 little legs on last rep.
Shoulder feeling a little angry, it was a little sore after that big grinder a couple of weeks back. Don’t think it’s anything serious just some extra soreness.

Pull ups x 7 x 3 sets SS ab wheel roll out from knee x 10

Really good session tonight. Weights not too heavy and everything moved well. The tempo squats were tough but not as horrible as I expected. I may change my mind about them as the weight goes up. Big dinner tonight and now time to quick back and wait for Australia vs Denmark.

7 Likes

Tempo squats from tonight’s session.

https://instagram.com/p/BkSKAi2h_-P/

4 Likes

Should be a good match. Aussies verses @mortdk

3 Likes