Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 3 good depth, good speed and not cranking head back
105 x 3 solid no issues
115 x 3 little slow but ok
125 x 0 dropped in a little quick and went too low and got pinned. Lol
125 x 3 made myself do 3 reps.
They were all a little high but I was annoyed and wanted something.

Instead of trying to focus on cues tonight, I just got under the bar dropped in and did my job.
Doing lower reps felt so much better. Had a feeling squats weren’t going to go great tonight. Should have gone to 120 x 3 instead of 125. On a positive note the 115 x 3 were definitely quicker and deeper that the 115 x 3 I did last time I tested.

Bench - band pull aparts between sets
Work up to 3RM max 5 sets
Bar x 10
65 x 3 nice an easy
85 x 3 good speed didn’t use much leg drive
95 x 3 smooth
100 x 3 bit wobbly, felt light pushing off the pins but got out of the grove when lowering the bar. No real problem reps were solid.
105 x 3 Last rep was a little slow but still happy. This was a rep PR for me.
107.5 x 2 - second rep got stuck about 2/3 of the way up. Had to fight it for a few seconds and it finally moved again. Another Rep PR.

Very happy with bench tonight. After the squat disaster it felt really good. The last time I did the volume block I hit 100 x 3, and the last intensity block maxed at 102.5 x 2. So to hit a solid 105 x 3 and 107.5 x 2 was quality.

Row - band pull aparts between sets
87.5 x 5 x 4 sets
Rows felt light tonight, so added some more bands between sets.

Pretty happy with how it went tonight. Squats haven’t felt good for a few weeks now so wasn’t confident they would go well. Bench on the other hand was solid and with 2 rep PR’s it made up for the bad squats. Now to eat big, rest and get ready for deadlift and oh press later this week.

6 Likes

Double PR :slight_smile:
Great job Simo.
I will chase you down mate :slight_smile: both squat and bench, so buckle up.
I’ll come running on the back of a Darkhorse :slight_smile:

Thanks my friend. I have no doubt you will chase me down one day and will enjoy trying to stay ahead of you as long as I can. Based on how hard you are working right now I expect your progress will be solid. I am not happy with myself after squats tonight but will talk to my friend who does the programming and we will switch things around a bit and see if I can get squat moving the right way. I have a good feeling about deadlift later this week and hopefully oh press too. I really need to add in some conditioning work as this is going backwards rapidly. Only having 2 days to train and being very busy with work and the wife and 3 kids, it is hard to fit everything in. As long as I keep progressing slowly even as I get older then I will take it.

3 Likes

Hammies and glutes are very tight from squats this week. Definitely feeling the impact of heavier weight. Will roll them out a little tonight and hopefully loosen them up for deadlift on Friday.

1 Like

They should be ready by then…

Yer I rekon they’ll be all good. Rolled them out and sat with a heat pack tonight. Should be ready for some PRs tomorrow.

1 Like

Friday 8th June - Micro 6 week 2 - test 3RM

Deadlift and OH press

Deadlift
Work up to 3 RM max 5 sets
Bar x 10
65 x 3
105 x 3
125 x 3
145 x 3
155 x 3 This was deff the last set. Last rep was slow and very close to hitching it. Would have loved to go 165 but knew it wasn’t here yet. This is still a Rep PR at this weight so have to be happy with that.

OH press
Work up to 3 RM max 5 sets
Bar x 10
45 x 3
55 x 3
65 x 3
70 x 3 - very slight knee dip on the second rep but kept it tight for the third rep. Third rep stopped halfway up but I managed to fight it up. Rep PR for me and very very happy.

Wanted to get something heavier overhead so did a couple of set with some leg drive
75 x 3
80 x 3 this was hard, getting very close to bodyweight.

Pull ups
10 x 3

Pretty happy with the session tonight. Rep PR for deadlift although I still want more and really happy with a rep PR for overhead tonight. It’s all small steps but with only 2 days a week I’ll take and improvement I can get. And small improvements over time add up to big things. Now for a deload week and on to the next block.

6 Likes

Vid from OH tonight, @Alpha thanks for the shirt rekon it gave me the last rep lol!!

https://instagram.com/p/BjwmRlwhuVS/

4 Likes

Shit you can grind like a champ! Good work on the PRs.

Thanks @Irishman92 . I really thought it was coming down but I am a stubborn git and just kept pushing!! Lol

That is a damn impressive set man. Nice work.

Coming from you @losthog I will take that. Thanks Man

1 Like

Now THAT was a grinder! Nice work!

1 Like

That was an awesome overhead grind! Also, quads are looking thick!

Very nice.

1 Like

Thanks @Frank_C and @littlesleeper it felt even slower than that when I was under the bar !! lol. Quads getting thick but so is my arse and waist. Time to get moving.

Body had some good soreness today (two days after last session). Got in some conditioning this morning with a dance off with my 6yr old daughter and 5yr old son. Tried out some old break dance moves with little success !! These were easier 30 years ago when I weighed nothing lol. Being able to move and have fun with the kids even when sore from the gym is a must for me. The smiles in their faces when they see dad trying out a six step or some crabs and failing and then they all stacks on dad!! Love it.

3 Likes

Monday 11th June - deload week

11th June - deload week

BB complex - bar 8 reps of each
SLDL, bent row, hang clean, front squat, oh press, back squat, bnp, good mornings

Squat SS with push ups
65 x 5 x 3 sets
20 x 3 sets

Bench SS with rows
65 x 5 x 3 sets
65 x 5 x 3 sets

Clean and press SS pull ups
45 x 5 x 3 sets
5 x 3 sets

Dumbbell curl SS tricep ext 10kg
10 x 3 sets
10 x 3 sets

Deload this week so moved some weight for some reps quickly tonight. Very little rest between sets, just got a good pump and worked up a good sweat. Just couldn’t resist getting in a quickie on the Queens birthday.

4 Likes

I love deload week. I slept like a baby last night and by that I mean a solid 8 hours (not that I pissed the bed and woke up crying) !! Body feels good today, still the usual aches and pains but not the heavy feeling in the muscles that follow a hard session. Going to focus on eat, sleep and some rolling and stretching this week. It looks like I will be doing another modified volume block next rather than an intensity block. Going to include a second day of squat by adding some tempo squats to deadlift day. Also going to add some tempo bench. Waiting for the final plan and numbers but I am already excited.

5 Likes

No training tonight, took my daughter to basketball training instead. The coach couldn’t make it tonight due to a family emergency, so she asked me if I could run the session. Had great fun running the kids through some drills and then joined in a little game at the end. Felt good to be moving around and the body felt great too.

4 Likes

Good stuff mate, it’s always good to be the dad that helps out and not sitting on the bench with the mum’s.