Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Set 3 of presses from tonight.

https://instagram.com/p/Bh6Np-1hv9U/

3 Likes

It’s beginning to look like I’m either sand bagging or I’m way behind some of the dads on OHP.

What are you pressing overhead and benching right now ?

5 x 5 with 230 for bench and 120 for OHP on Wednesday this week.

Nice pressing Simo :slight_smile:
I’m still a bit behind Mate.

With the jump cue Greg has us work on shifting weight from toe to heel quickly. We don’t think about dropping and driving hips at all. That may feel more natural.

1 Like

So the cue is to set up, get in position, brace hard, pull the slack out of the bar, lean a bit forward, shift backwards and pull?

Grip bar, squeeze an orange in your armpits
Straighten your legs and take your air and brace
Bend knees, weight on front of foot/toes
Jump by quickly shifting your weight to your heels

3 Likes

You have me on bench, I don’t think I could get 5x5 with 230, maybe 220. So your pressing strength is about the same so maybe just need to push oh a little more. I’m sure you will catch me soon, I can’t keep adding forever. I am chasing down a bodyweight overhead at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks mark yer I probably didn’t explain that well at all.

1 Like

Solid pressing Simon, good stuff.

1 Like

My body weight is increasing as fast as my lifts so I don’t think I’ll catch it for awhile :smile:

235 strict OHP? That’d be beastly.

1 Like

I guess that’s a good reason for only being 83kg (183lb), I don’t have to put as much over my head. Lol

1 Like

Thanks man it is deff starting to improve, looking at the vid I rekon I could be a little tighter through the middle and squeeze the glutes a bit more.

1 Like

Just a small curry !!

https://instagram.com/p/Bh_F8OshdDQ/

4 Likes

Thursday 26th April - micro 4 week 1
Squat and bench

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 8
95 x 8 RPE 7
95 x 8 RPE 7
95 x 8 RPE 8 lungs burning
95 x 8 RPE 9 last rep was wobbly
95 x 8 RPE 9 I’m done :slight_smile:
Lungs were not liking the higher reps !!! Legs really felt this tonight. I am going to be sore tomorrow !!

Bench - band pull aparts between sets
Bar x 10
65 x 8
85 x 8 RPE 8 felt slow no leg drive
85 x 8 RPE 8 much better drive and speed
85 x 8 RPE 9 getting hard
85 x 8 RPE 9 urggghh
85 x 7 RPE 10 should have been 8 but it wasn’t there tonight.

Row- 77.5 x max x 4 sets
10, 10, 10, 10
Superset with
Inc press - 60 x max x 4 sets
10, 10, 10, 6 ran out of everything !

Upright row
25kg x 10 x 2

Session was hard tonight (as it should be). Was getting cramps through my legs and glutes by the end. Thinking I didn’t drink enough water today and probably had too much coffee !!

Felt a bit dizzy after squats tonight. Got all the reps for squats and nearly all for bench but it deff felt harder than I wanted. Not sure whether to be pissed or just move on to the next workout. Think I’ll move on.

7 Likes

Good workout mate! When I’m in the middle of a tough session I’m asking myself why the hell I’m there, but when I walk out I’m usually over the moon and full of good feels. Complete opposite with easy sessions; I’m loving the gym when I’m doing it, but when I walk out I feel disappointed in myself.

I get what you are saying. I tend to feel a little angry with myself when the reps don’t go how I want, but on reflection afterwards I quickly get over it. With the program at the movement everything is building each week so I don’t have many sessions that I think are really easy, lol !

1 Like

No training today but did do some lifting. Wife’s sister was moving house and needed someone to help carry the heavy stuff. Carrying washing machines and fridges up stairs is not exactly my idea of a fun Friday. But it had to be done.

4 Likes

The goal is to beat your body down so it grows. Performance actually doesn’t matter. When you push yourself as far as you can safely go then you know you didn’t slack off on the workout.

I paid for delivery/haul off for our new washer and dryer. It was easier than finding a friend to carry the stuff upstairs. And it was worth it!

But I got to move my own furniture three days later (Tuesday).

1 Like