Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Anyone have any luck with ice or anti inflams or strapping ?!

I bought a pair of cheap elbow wrap things off the Bay for when this happens. They apply just enough pressure and everything feels fine with them.

Try stop BB curls.
It’s kind of a fixed motion.

lol I was only using this as an example of what I couldn’t do. The only curling I do these days is 2 sets of hammer curls for high reps at the end of deadlift day. But even doing those is making it angry. The pain isn’t really very bad it’s more just annoying. Maybe I should stop flexing in front of the wife too !!

1 Like

Well then I’ll rest my case.
My Doc would say, don’t train if it hurts. And I would train anyway.
Is it called train or is it only the thing on that runs on rails that’s called train.
Looked kind of funny when I wrote it

Lmao I think that all the time but pretty sure there is only one way to spell train…choo choo !!

Wife did my meal prep for the week !!! She is amazing.

https://instagram.com/p/Bgar1dolEK8/

5 Likes

loooking good. Maybe I should let my wife know how other are treated.

1 Like

Haha, I’ll do the same. I have to make my own bloody food.
Let’s make a stand together :+1:

2 Likes

@I_Luc and @mortdk good luck with that, I’ll be right behind you … about a block back !!

2 Likes

Just found your log. In for progress :facepunch:t2:

Edit: That chili looks damn good

1 Like

I haven’t been married for long at all but I suspect that may not end well for you @mortdk

2 Likes

you’re probably right about that Mark. So I didn’t tell her.
I know I’m a coward :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome muskrat good to have you along for the ride. I have my first go at the chilli today so will report back on how good It is!

1 Like

I am happy to report that the chilli was excellent. Had it today for lunch and then again tonight for dinner. I will probably look like a bowl of chilli by Friday !!

2 Likes

Tuesday 20th March micro 1 week 2

Squat and bench

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
95 x 5 x 4 sets
RPE 6 6 7 7
Really focused on staying tight and slow on the descent and drive my back up into the bar on the way up. Reps Felt a little slow out of the hole but good acceleration through the upper portion of the reps. Felt like i could have done a few more sets tonight. Quality

Bench- band pull aparts between sets
Bar x 10
65 x 5
82.5 x 5 x 4 sets
RPE 6 5 6 7
First set I wasn’t staying tight but reps felt smooth anyway. Second set was much better and felt easier. I still need to work on leg drive, not getting enough out of my sticks !!

Bent row
75 x max x 4
13, 12, 12, 8
Inc bench
60 x max x 4
12, 12, 12, 9
Pushed a few more reps that last week. Big pump!! Feels like bodybuilding !! Lol

Upright row
25 x 20 x 2

Had a pre workout today !! First in years and boy oh boy !! All round a great session, body felt fast and weights moved smoothly.

5 Likes

Have felt really stiff all day today. Last night when I was doing the incline bench press I was lowering the bar for maybe my second or third rep of the second set and heard a loud pop / crack. It felt like it came from my upper sternum area where the top ribs or collar bone attach. It didn’t hurt at the time and didn’t effect my training last night but I am very stiff today. Muscles feel ok so don’t think I have torn something. Hoping it was just my back correcting itself. Will see how it feels tomorrow !!

3 Likes

gotta be careful with incline bench, for some the risk vs reward is just not worth it! tbh dumbbell incline is a much better alternative.

Generally if you’re not in pain, you shouldn’t worry too much.

Yer not worried Mark, feel fine today

1 Like