Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Damnn looks like I’m late to the party

You have 20 years on me. You only need to add 5kg a year on all lifts and you will be ahead of me without trying.

Woke up feeling tired today which is pretty rare for me. Not sure if it is work or last
Nights training but I didn’t sleep well. Was really hot all night and couldn’t get comfy. Went to the osteo this morning to get my back and neck worked on. She was pretty happy with me and other that some muscle tightness which she worked on, the spine and hips were moving much more freely. Felt good to get the neck massaged and the back popped !! Body feeling way better than last week, so looking forward to squats on Monday.

3 Likes

Trying a new flavour of WPC today, Coffee!! It is so good it tastes like coffee ice cream. Looks like I will be increasing my protein intake this week !!

1 Like

Some of them taste so good hey, just be careful of fillers,sugar and junk and fluff in some of them though.

Yer i know what you mean, luckily this one is pretty good, very low sugar or carbs. I usually only drink it on training days for a bit of extra protein post workout or on days where I have been time poor and not prepared enough proper food. But when it tastes this good I could easily just have it instead of a milk shake.

3 Likes

Lol that’s what people keep telling me we will see

4th and last set of pull ups from Friday nights workout. Not the best form but after deadlifts and overhead I’ll take it.

https://instagram.com/p/BfDPcSXhhR9/

5 Likes

Good work mate, your just in your jocks in case the Mrs from next door comes in again aren’t ya?
Don’t worry, it’s been so freaking hot here too, so I do the same

3 Likes

Lmfao it does look like that. But I have a pair of black footy shorts over the top. If I though the neighbours au pair was coming in I would have def been just in my jocks :wink:

2 Likes

Those r some sexy calves… no homo

Thanks man. I always think of my legs as being a bit skinny and my calves a bit high. I am on my toes to reach the bar so that is maybe what is making them look better, that or good lighting lol !! Funny thing is I haven’t trained calves with weights for years. So I attribute my calve development to all the running I did over the last 6 years particularly running in the hills and sprints.

At least you have calves. Spot mine if you can lmao.

Lol looking down at them is always the worst angle.

Haha doesnt matter anyway :joy: they’re tiny

1 Like

Monday 12th Feb Micro 3 wk 2 - Squat and Bench

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 10
85 x 2
105 x 2
112.5 x 2 RPE 8 felt a little slow
112.5 x 2 RPE 9 got a little out of shape on rep 2, had plenty of push to get it up but it wasn’t pretty
112.5 x 2 RPE 8
112.5 x 2 RPE 8
112.5 x 2 RPE 8

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 2
92.5 x 2
97.5 x 2 RPE 8
97.5 x 2 RPE 8
97.5 x 2 RPE 8
97.5 x 2 RPE 9
97.5 x 3 RPE 9.5 hit an extra rep here just for luck !!
Happy with these, speed was a little slow but all reps were solid.

Row
87.5 x 5, 5, 5, 5

Upright row
25kg x 25 x 2 great trap and arm pump from these.

3 Likes

Fourth set of squats from tonight’s session, sorry for the cack camera position!!!

https://instagram.com/p/BfF3-dsB5Z2/

1 Like

Those look fine. You’re not losing position or anything.

Yeah nice squats.

Thanks Mark and @mortdk , I didn’t film the set where my head went too far forward at the bottom. It’s funny when you watch a lift back on video it always looks faster than it felt at the time.

2 Likes