Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Do you have a goal in mind, or going by feel/mirror.
I’m chasing you down, like I did the other way :slight_smile:

@mortdk I am going to go mainly by look / feel. I am thinking 80kg but I also don’t want to impact on strength too much.

2 Likes

Woke at 84.8kg very pleased to see it moving in the right direction. Felt skinnier this morning :wink:

5 Likes

C’mon Simo, what about 100kg? You can do it!
Jooooiiinnn usssss!

1 Like

Lol I’m on the road to skinny for the next 10 weeks mate. Then when my old man comes to stay in April I will start my new road to 100. Im actually enjoying the feeling of not eating crap and feeling more energised.

3 Likes

Thursday 31 Jan - Wife went out with her mother and sister tonight so I got my house back. Took my daughter to basketball training and then played with the kids, got them bathed and off to bed. My youngest went straight to sleep and I let the 2 older ones read in bed for a while.
Whilst they read I went to the shed and did some work on the heavy bag.
10 x 2 min rounds with 30 sec rest. This is not getting any easier. Shoulders were wrecked arter 6 rounds, so the last 4 were tough.
Finished off the evening with a ham and cheese omelette and watched an episode of Fightworld

7 Likes

The token veggies are there. Looks amazing

2 Likes

Woke at 85.0kg a little up on the other day but not too bad. Hopefully training tonight and a busy weekend and I’ll drop a little more.

Friday 1st Feb week 2 workout 2

Deadlift
Bar x 10
65 x 5
95 x 5
110 x 10 x 4 sets (242 lbs)
RPE - 6, 7, 7, 8
These moved pretty fast tonight. Very hard to get enough air in and grip was starting to slip towards the end of the sets. Was gassed on the last set had to have a longer rest before starting squats.

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
95 x 7 x 4 sets (210 lbs)
RPE - 7, 8, 8, 9
Rested a little longer that last week. Third set was the best, managed to really sit back on a couple of reps and they moved real nice.
Squat were really good tonight, I am actually starting to like them !!! That doesn’t mean I am any good at them but at least I don’t hate them.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 7
72.5 x 10 x 4 sets (160 lbs)
SS with rows paused at top
72.5 x 8 x 4 sets
Bench moved ok but No pause on rows tonight, struggling to even get 8 reps. Superseting these really hurts my lungs.

Glute ham raise
10 x 3 sets
SS with
Ab roll outs
10 x 3 sets
SS with hammer dumbell curls
12.5kg x 15 x 3 sets
Good little hammies, ab and arm pump with these.

Happy tonight, deads moved fast albeit grip was a little off. Squats were solid, still cranking my neck a little but working on it. Bench was fine but rows were weak as piss. I think i was just damn tired by the time I got to rows.
All up a good solid session and I got my work done. I’m actually feeling happy.

7 Likes

This looks like one hell of a workout. How long did this take you? Pretty sure this would have taken me 2hrs or more.

Nice work Simo, sets of 10 for deadlifts is no joke!

Thanks man. It was about 1:35 all up. I was pretty tired at the end. Had a shower and then felt sick for about 20 mins so ate dinner later.

Up early for my daughters basketball today. First game back after Christmas break. She played pretty well and they won 18 - 2 . She wasn’t happy about waking up early but she had plenty of energy in the game and was super happy when they won.

2 Likes

Woke at 84.5kg (186lbs) - was expecting a little drop so pleased with this. It may rebound a little tomorrow but should stay under 85kg.

Energy is the key, when my son was in the under 10’s, he’d been at some school fun day, the little bugger bought and smashed an iced coffee just before we picked him up, that game he got 8 goals.

2 Likes

Yer daughter had honey on toast for breakfast so was ready to go come game time.

1 Like

The last few weeks have been like a roller coaster. I go from being happy to losing the will to live. The sooner I get my house back to myself the better. Having someone stay and the constant stream of visitors is getting unbearable. I really do not understand how some people can speak so much yet have so little to say :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Mate I feel you. People are fucking intolerable. I love my family but even they get on my nerves. Anyone else is just fucking pain.

2 Likes

Sometimes I think I must just be a miserable old git. I don’t mind company and I don’t mind having a conversation but I can do it all the time and just taking the same old shite. Glad to hear I am not alone

1 Like

Definitely not alone there Simo
grind it out Mate soon you’re alone.

1 Like

Yer thanks @mortdk. I really do feel like I am being unreasonable wanting it to be quiet and no one to talk to me, but that’s how I feel. My 90 mins in they gym twice a week just me and the weights is like a sanctuary

2 Likes