Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

This sucks. I’m much the same, but I am of @Frank_C school of thought. I’m me. Beyond being polite and courteous I won’t generally do much different. Mrs KO is used to it now.

2 Likes

That’s rough. Leaving is probably the most thoughtful and courteous thing you could do!

1 Like

I will just be polite and suck it up, it’s only a small number of days in a lifetime. It’s good to be able to share the frustration so thanks for letting me have a whinge

1 Like

Walked to the beach this morning. Wife drove the kids and her mum in the car, so I walked and met them there. It’s a bit under 2km (or a bit over a mile) but I went the longer way to get some more me time. All up about 2.5km (1.5 mile) to walk there and then played with the kids and walked home. All up 5km walk in the sun by the bay which was really relaxing.

4 Likes

A good walk is bloody awesome!
Even when I feel tired and thrashed, walking a few k’s really sorts me out.

I agree and especially if it’s somewhere peaceful with a nice view.

1 Like

Totally agree with the walks love it.
I couldn’t live with my own parents for more than a week at the most, and that goes with my inlaws as well.
Luckily my wife feels the same. But then again we live within an hour drive from them.
Hang in there Simo only two more weeks. You can do it.

3 Likes

it does indeed.

2 Likes

Managed to get out for a walk tonight after dinner. Added 2kg to the weight vest so now it is 12kg (26 lbs). I am going to keep adding 2kg a week until it gets to its max at 30kg (66 lbs).
Walked for 3km, 30 mins and finished off with 20 bodyweight squats wearing the vest.
Sun was setting and there was a decent wind coming off the ocean. Very nice indeed.

5 Likes

Public holiday today so getting another day off work. Wife and mother in law have taken kids out for the day so I get my house back to myself. Spend the morning washing and waxing the car and motorbike as well as doing a few jobs around the house. Will meal prep this arvo and then train this evening. Happy days

7 Likes

Awesome that ya have the house to yourself finally, although you sound like me,there always seems to be tons of other shit to do, haha.

Yes always jobs to do. I call that being a grown up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s only grown up if you get them all done without being distracted :grin:

1 Like

Mon 28th Jan - week 2 workout 1

Squats
Bar x 10
65 x 8
87.5 x 10 x 4 sets - RPE 8, 9, 9, 9
SS with weighted sit ups
10 x 4 sets
Kept the rest under 2 mins, these were tough. Legs and lungs were burning.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 7
77.5 x 7 x 4 sets RPE 8, 9, 10 last one was a grinder, 10 got 6 then had to pause for 10sec and get 1 more.
SS with band pull
20 x 4 sets
Good deep pause on the chest on all reps of the first 2 sets. But more touch n go for the last 2. Happy anyway.

Bulgarian split squat
6kg in each hand
8 x 4 sets
I really love / hate these. Still about as much balance as a 1 legged alcoholic with an inner ear problem.
Kept the rest short, massive quad pump and really worked the lungs again !!!

Push ups
Max x 4 sets

38, 21, 15, 18
SS with barbel curls
25kg x 15, 15, 10, 10

Really good session again tonight. It was hot as hell in the shed so lost plenty of water tonight. Squats were a little shaky but still got them done. Bench felt good and really felt it deep in the chest. Bulgarians really pumped the quads and after push ups and curls my arms were tighter than a nuns chuff !!!

10 Likes

Got in from my workout and the wife has used the left over roast lamb to make a lamb curry. Though of @losthog but had nine with green beans and no rice or bread. Was very good.

5 Likes

Lots of work Simo, nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indian food is making the rounds. Nice!

1 Like

I love curry and Indian or Thia curry either one is fantastic

2 Likes

Woke at 85.2kg. I was expecting a little drop back after training last night. Now to see if I can keep it that low and aim for under 85 by the end of the week.

3 Likes

Got home from work to a house in chaos. It is amazing how unorganised 2 adults can be. Grrrrrr
Made myself feel better by getting the weight vest on and going for a 30 min walk. The sun was setting over the ocean and there was a nice sea breeze. Very few people about which made for a very peaceful walk.
Got back and did 20 squats, 20 push ups, 20 squats with the weight vest on. Legs and chest had a nice little pump and it felt good to work out some of the stiffness from yesterday session.

6 Likes