Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

No nothing special going on here. It’s mostly just working the jab and jab cross combination. I’m a southpaw so lots of right jabs trying to focus on brigging the glove back to guard every time and not letting it drop.
I’ll throw in some combos with left and right hooks and will add some upper cuts just to keep in interesting. At lease one of the round I’ll work on hooks and hitting the bag hard but if I do too much of this my forearms and elbows get sore next day.

Thought I would lay out, in case anyone was interested what the next few weeks training block looks like. I am still only training 2 days a week. I will add conditioning to other days but weights is still 2 days a weeks. The plan is to focus on hypertrophy whilst getting a bit less fat. I also don’t want to lose too much strength.
We have stayed with the big compound movements to give the biggest bang for buck. I will be squatting and benching twice a week (every workout) and deadlifting once.
Exercises are:
Workout 1
Squat, bench, Bulgarian split squats and push ups
Workout 2
Deadlift, squats, bench and rows
I can add accessories to this however I want based on bringing up weaknesses or just stuff I like as long as its not stupid.

For squat and bench the workouts rotate between higher weight for sets of 7 reps and slightly lower weight for sets of 10 reps. The weight progresses each week and also sets are added weekly to increase the volume.

Pretty basic straight line progressive overload with varying rep range and increasing volume. What can go wrong.

5 Likes

Woke at 85.5kg so weight seems to be stable. Training tonight and it’s going to be hit so expecting that to bring the weight down a little.

2 Likes

It’s a little warm here today. Thanks @I_Luc for sending it my way!!!

4 Likes

Haha, glad to pass that shit on.
At least you have the cool change coming, we’ve had weeks of the shit, with a couple of cooler days between and it was still 40 at 10 last night, very sweaty night.

1 Like

Friday 25th Dec, Micro 1

Deadlift
Bar x 10
65 x 5
105 x 10 x 3 sets (231 lbs)
Double overhand grip, grip was starting to slip by the last few reps of each set. Forgot how much higher rep deads kill the lungs.

Squats
Bar x 10
65 x 5
95 x 7 x 3 sets (209 lbs) RPE- 8, 8, 9 (got a little out of shape on the last 2 reps but just muscled it up)

These moved surprisingly well tonight. Lungs were totally gassed though. Still more work to do on the conditioning.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 8
70 x 10 x 3 sets (154 lbs)
SS with
Rows paused at top
70 x 8 x 3 sets
Bench moved well, good chest pump. Rows felt hard and slow tonight very odd.

Glute ham raise
10 x 3 sets
SS with
Ab roll outs
10 x 3 sets
SS with hammer dumbell curls
12.5kg x 12 x 3 sets

Really good session tonight. I felt like I needed to squat tonight, not wanted to or was excited to but really needed to for my own mental well being. That must be the positive effect of having the mother in law staying !!

8 Likes

Sets from tonight, moved pretty good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtDRZrSAavN/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1rxq7zs0st228

3 Likes

Great work Simo, great looking squats.

You’re looking good. Watch that head crank though. Make a double chin.

2 Likes

Strong work in here.

1 Like

Nice squatting dude

1 Like

Thanks @MarkKO I was thinking that when I watched them back. Will have lots of reps in the next ten weeks so time to get it right.

1 Like

Woke at 85.0kg feeling pretty good this morning. A little dehydrated but that is normal after training. Australia Day today so will have to try hard to to eat too much and stay on track

1 Like

:triumph: someone help me !!!

Nah it’s okay, eat, drink and be merry… It’s party time

Don’t need help with the food that’s easy. I’m losing the will to live !!

It sounds like you need another vacation already.

Mate I just need my space back and some peace. I am a very routine and I don’t cope well having my space cluttered.
I also don’t know why people feel the need to constantly talk. How much can you have to say to each other after 2 weeks of non stop talking 16 hrs a day !!
It’s really me and I should be a better host but it’s not easy. 2 more weeks and then I get my space back and get a break for 6 weeks and then my parents come for a month and I’ll be grumpy again.
I’m starting to piss the wife off now so let’s just hope I can get through the next 2 weeks without getting a divorce.

6 Likes

I don’t know why everyone thinks you need to change in a given circumstance. We are the way we are. There are pleasantries and social norms but there’s a limit to how far you should have to bend.

I don’t think you can change your circumstance but being understanding goes both ways.

Maybe you ought to go to to training four days a week?

1 Like

Lol I’ve been doing something nearly every night, weights, boxing, walking. Even then though the wife assumes that is me being rude and grumpy so I can really win.

1 Like