Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Solid lifting!

I think both looked good Simo.
Great lifting

VideoBrah

Nice lifts man, both looked good to me. Deadlifts are looking spot on.

Thanks @littlesleeper @mortdk @duketheslaya @guineapig
When you train alone you really have no point of reference as to what your reps look like.

5 Likes

Woke 86.9kg - happy with that considering my weight usually drops back after training. Must have been all the salted nuts I ate last night.

4 Likes

Yep can be tricky, that’s why I tape mine sometimes or get my son to take pics etc.
And to stop the weight dropping, add some Farmers Union Iced Coffee each meal, that’ll sort ya out

3 Likes

Nah Dare Ice Coffee or Ice Break

3 Likes

@I_Luc and @guineapig if I add a bottle of each to every meal will I get double the results !!

3 Likes

Needs more caffeine

5 Likes

triple the espresso
triple the gains right?

3 Likes

Woke at 87.0kg feeling very dehydrated today. Going to be hot today so will need to keep up the water intake. Last day of cricket with the kids before Christmas today. Beautiful morning and great to see all the kids having fun. The kids all got Christmas gifts and there was big raffle. Great morning and now home to relax and re-feed.

4 Likes

Woke at 87.3 (192lbs) - mouth felt like Gandhi’s flip flop. One beer yesterday and body really not happy. I either need to drink more or to cut it out all together.

5 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:

There’s really only one option :beers:

3 Likes

I think that’s how I’ll feel in the morning but it’s not fun drinking. I just got home from my grandma’s Christmas gathering and I’m stuffed. The salt bloat is going to hurt.

2 Likes

Woke up this morning but no idea what I weighed. Took the girls to the Boxing Day test today. We got to go onto the MCG at lunch and the girls played a little match. My eldest Holly got chosen to be interviewed and was up on the big screen. It was a lot of fun being out there on the playing surface and watching the kids play. The crowd were really good and were cheering the kids on whenever they hit a boundary or bowled someone out.
Got to go back to work tomorrow which I’m not looking forward to and back to training which I am looking forward to.

6 Likes

Sounds like a good day Simo.
Hope your holidays have been good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thursday 27th Dec - micro 4 week 2
Squat and bench

Squat
Bar x 10 warm up
65 x 5 warm up
95 x 2 warm up
110 x 2 belt on - moved ok
112.5 x 2 lost balance forward a little at the bottom of the second rep. Had to good morning it up but it actually went up ok. Maybe I’m stronger than I think !!
115 x 2 ok
117.5 x 2 little knee cave but ok
120 x 1 (264 lbs) should have been 2 reps but first was a good low rep and I knew the second would be a mess so called it at 1.

Squats were ok. Heaviest weight for a while and mentally it felt heavy but physically it moved ok. Sorta happy!!!

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 3
80 x 3
95 x 3 x RPE 8 (209 lbs)
95 x 3 x RPE 9 miss grooved the second rep but muscled it up
95 x 3 x RPE 8 better set
95 x 3 x RPE 8 good
95 x 3 x RPE 9

Bench moved well tonight. Good solid reps and managed to stay pretty tight.

Bent row paused
80 x 5 x 5 sets
Superset with
CGBP
80 x 5 x 5 sets

Used same bar for rows and bench, had to lift it back into the j hooks after each set of rows, and off after each set of bench. These were horrible !!!

Good session tonight, hit some slightly heavier weights and they went ok. Been hot here today so shed was like a sauna just without the naked Swedish chicks!!

11 Likes

Ur pretty hot yourself so I don’t think the sauna could contain all that hotness anyways lol

2 Likes