102.5 x 3 RPE 9
102.5 x 3 RPE 8 this set felt better
102.5 x 3 RPE 9
102.5 x 3 RPE 10 last one was a slow grind

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
77.5 x 9 x 5 sets
RPE 8, 9, 9, 10 (only 8 reps), 10 (only 6 reps)
Did these as tng tonight, great pump

Row paused - 6 count
80 x 5 x 5 sets

These were really ugly.

CGP tempo 3 down 2 up
70 x 5 RPE 10 last one just got up
65 x 5 RPE 10
Changed to paused (no tempo)
65 x 5 RPE 9
65 x 5 RPE 9
65 x 5 RPE 9
These were tough tonight, great pump though.

Deff felt weak tonight, still chasing the last of the cold away so it was to be expected really. Felt bloody good to be under the bar again though.

11 Likes

Nice high intensity workout!

Thanks. After 2 weeks off it was hard. Didn’t get all the reps I wanted but given I decided to jump straight back in to where I left off I expected that a bit. Should hopefully make it easier for next week.

Woke at 84.6kg, looking very dehydrated now that the training pump has left !! Going to re feed and re hydrate today, should get some of that weight back for tomorrow.

3 Likes

When I come back from a few days off I don’t usually feel good. I think I forget how to lift fast

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean. I just felt a little off groove but it will come back soon.

1 Like

Doms wasn’t too bad this morning but it hasn’t been getting steadily worse through the day. Did some bodyweight squats this evening just to move some blood through the legs. Bad idea, now quads are really sore. Tomorrow is not going to be fun !! Lol

1 Like

Woke at 86.0kg and surprisingly doms isn’t too bad. Legs are still sore to touch but I’m not walking like a 90 year old. Still need to eat and drink more today tonaid with recovery and add some of that pre Christmas bloat.

1 Like

Our work gives us our bonus at the end of the year, plus a case of piss and a whole leg of ham
Unshamefully admission that I was sinking JD’s and eating the ham driving home from the xmas party last year :joy:

2 Likes

Hope you weren’t actually driving big Jez ?

So take what I said earlier about doms and tear it up and set light to it. Getting down stairs at work today was not at all funny. In fact who the fk even invented stairs? Why can’t everything be on one level.

5 Likes

Nah, some pleb offered to be deso for the fitters so there were 4 pissed blokes munging on ham and one very unfortunate apprentice who had to drop everyone home :joy:

1 Like

Fking love a good deso, Love your work mate.

2 Likes

I agree with this 100% When we were renting we lived up 3 levels.
Last thing I want to do after squats is walk up the fuckers

2 Likes

Woke at 85.8kg, was hoping for a little more. Eating and hydration have been shite today. Missed a meal at work due to being busy and forgetting the time. What is it with this having to actually work and not just eat all day. On the plus side only looked like a 70 year old walking around today so that is a bonus.
Had a stressful day dealing with some personnel issues and then got home and walked into WWIII between my 5 yr old and the wife. He really doesn’t like being told what to do and was going off. She handled him pretty well but then wanted to update me on all the bad things from the day. Just what I needed.
I can’t wait till tomorrow when I can deadlift my cares away.

3 Likes

Sounds like ours. His mum cops it so much more than I do. It doesn’t help that she doesn’t listen super carefully a lot of the time so they’ll be talking at cross purposes and that doesn’t help. Apparently me butting in to correct her isn’t the right thing to do either :thinking:

Lol I am feeling ya Mark. It also doesn’t help when I try to explain to her that the reason he fights her is bacause she doesn’t give him any other option.

Friday 30th Nov - micro 2 week 2

Deadlift and OH press

Deadlift
Bar x 10
65 x 3
105 x 3
125 x 3
132.5 x 4 x 5 sets (292lbs)
RPE 7, 8, 8, 8, 8

Pulls were good, took out all my frustration from the week on that bar. Speed was good, pushed hard with the legs abs got a deep burn in the quads after these.

Bench tng
Bar x 10
65 x 5
80 x 8 x 4 sets (176lbs)
RPE 8, 8, 9, 10 (6reps)

Pull ups
6 x 5 sets
Superset with
Glute ham raise
12 x 5 sets
Didn’t rest much at all here just go breath and went again.

Good session tonight, had a lot of stuff to deal with this week and really worked out some frustration tonight. Happy boy

10 Likes

Just one of those sessions where you tune out the outside stuff and do some work and come out feeling satisfied af.

1 Like

You better believe it little piggy. I was pushing all the shite from the week through my legs and the bar flew up. Quality

1 Like