Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Yer my head was pretty close to the gates. Think I have it a little bump but my heads pretty hard so no worries there :joy:

1 Like

Woke at 86.8kg, bad sleep last night and didn’t drink much water yesterday. Going to have to rehydrate through today before training tonight.

3 Likes

Mine hurts a bit but only at the ends of the ranges of motion.

Damn Simo I sad here and just said ouch and felt that must have hurt.
Really hope it’s nothing serious.

Btw were exactly the same body weight within 100 gram yesterday I was 86,8 today 86,9.

1 Like

It’s all good, at the time it doesn’t really hurt as it happens too quick. I hurts a bit after but it’s nearly back to normal today

2 Likes

Friday 9th Nov - micro 2 week 1 - Deadlift and OH press

Deadlift
Bar x 10
65 x 5
105 x 5
122.5 x 6 x 5 sets
RPE 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

These moved ok, fairly light but good speed.

Tempo squat
Bar x 10
65 x 3
90 x 3 x 5 sets
RPE 8, 8, 7 (best set), 8, 8

Ankle was hurting a little, these never seem to get easier !!! Still happy, good long pause in the bottom and speed up was ok.

OHP

Bar x 10
45 x 5
55 x 8 x 4 sets
RPE 8, 9, 9, 10

SS with
Pull ups
Max x 4 sets
10, 8, 7, 7

Deads and squats moved ok today. Shoulders were very sore today, no idea why, must be the weight of the world that I’m carrying on them :frowning:
Really wasn’t feeling it tonight, had no focus and for the first time in a long time was questioning what I was doing. My little boy (5) has been sick all week and keeping me and the bread knife awake all night with his coughing. I am hoping my lack of focus is just cause I’m tired.

On a more positive note, quads looking beefy today.

11 Likes

Someone astute once said lack of sleep will make cowards of us all. I hope your son heals up quickly, as well as your ankle.

And why the heck is coughing keeping the bread knofe awake? I don’t know they slept, tbh :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You could be right, any time I wake at night she is always awake. Maybe that’s why women get more done, they never sleep !!!

2 Likes

Ooooooh, “bread knife” is referring to your wife. A dim bulb (me) just brightened.

3 Likes

You saved me the question TnT :slight_smile:
Mine is more like a razor… you don’t want to wake it, that’s trouble.

@simo74 hope your son gets over it soon, I hate it when the little ones are sick.
Stay focused and sharp, those quads seems to have grown some.

2 Likes

Thanks @mortdk hopefully he will recover quickly. I am feeling like I’m getting a cold today, maybe that why I was a bit off of training tonight. Anyway enough moaning from me. Have a good weekend my friend and keep eating. :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe that’s an Australian term of endearment :smiley: If your wife is like a razor, I reckon you make sure to stay on her softer side. Lol

1 Like

My whole house is sick right now. My daughter (five years old) and wife caught what my son and I have had for over a week. I took a risk and gave my daughter some Nyquil because she was coughing bad two nights ago. The regular dose is 30ml but I only gave her 10. It worked. The label says to ask a doctor for that age but I figured a little wouldn’t kill her. I was right and it helped all of us.

I’ve also never heard anyone use a knife reference about the wife. That’s definitely not a US thing.

2 Likes

Not suprised you haven’t heard that reference I would t exactly call it international!! Funny you should say about the whole house being sick. All three of my dustbin lids were coughing last night and I too am coming down with something. :rage:

3 Likes

The slang down there is borderline poetic

5 Likes

Simo it will be nothing short of a miracle if all the little tackers and the handbrake are crook, spreading their lurgies all round the house. Best you be sleeping Ina swag out the back mate.

4 Likes

Sorry Simon… But fuck that was funny xD
I hope the damage is not too bad though!

1 Like

All good me old china. Every one at work had a good old giggle too. Damn CCTV!!!

Who’s Simon. Lol

3 Likes

Autocorrect. You’ll see a lot of things in my posts that will make you think I can’t speak or write English, which tells you that I used my phone to submit those posts. Seemingly names are affected as well, haha.

3 Likes

All good I figured either auto correct or just fat finger syndrome!

2 Likes