90 x 9 x 4 sets
RPE 7, 7, 8,

Squats moved well, kept rest short (2mins). Lungs were burning by the end

Bench - band pull aparts between sets
Bar x 10
65 x 5
82.5 x 6 x 4 sets
RPE 7, 7, 9, 9

All reps done controlled with a solid pause at the bottom. Kept rest under 2 mins. Moved ok tonight, big pump by the end.

Bent row
80 x 10 x 4 sets (10, 9, 8, 8)
First time rowing for a while and they felt hard. Kept test short but didn’t hit all the reps.

Weight push ups (+15kg vest)
20 x 3 sets
Good pump from these

It was warm in the shed tonight, really worked up a sweat. All done in 50 mins. Great start to the block, volume was programmed a little lower to get the body used to it again. Very happy.

10 Likes

I plan to follow up my OHPs with weighted push-ups. You’re the first person I’ve seen doing them in a long time. Nice!

2 Likes

I haven’t done them before, just adding volume at the end of the session and I’m limited by equipment. It was either dumbell bench or weighted push ups abs my dumbells aren’t heavy enough. It was certainly a good finisher and a good way to get some volume and a good pump.

1 Like

Woke at 86.3kg. I was expecting a little weight drop (always drops back a little the day after training). Hopefully with some more food and lots of water it will bounce back a bit today.
Body feels great today, the first week has slightly lower volume and combined with a couple of gym sessions on holiday and the primer workouts last week it is spot on. The body can feel it’s worked but no major doms or stiffness today.

4 Likes

Was up at 4am to fly interstate for work so didn’t weigh myself today. Bad day of eating so expecting a bad weigh in tomorrow. We shall see !!

4 Likes

Woke at 86.9kg - wasn’t expecting that !! Must have been the peanut butter and jam sandwich and triple scoop protein shake I had before bed last night !!!

2 Likes

Was interstate yesterday so that meant I had an extra chilli and rice meal for this week. Decided to double up today and have 2 meals of chilli at work (usually have one of chicken and potatoes and one of chilli and rice). Got home from work took my daughter to basketball practice and then had to rush home to eat dinner before going to the school to watch the kids production. I walk in the door and misses says “in a bit of a rush today so not much time to prepare dinner, but’s it’s ok because I saved a load of chilli from the weekend”. Doh!!! Three lots of rice and chilli today, the toilet is going to get broken tomorrow !!

3 Likes

This is what I said to my wife last night, lol

4 Likes

Woke at 86.3kg. - No idea what is going on with this weight. It’s up and down like a brides nightie!! Had a good day of good yesterday and lost weight !! Maybe was a little dehydrated so will drink a little more water today.

3 Likes

You and I Simo my weights goes up and down too.
I think at least I have to eat even more to gain weight.
Last night the wife looked at my belly and started laughing and said but why, ending with a head shake.

2 Likes

Friday 26th October - Micro 1 week 1

Deadlift and OH press

Deadlift
Bar x 10
65 x 5
105 x 5
122.5 x 6 x 4 sets
RPE 5, 5, 5, 5
Focused on set up, bracing and speed. Didn’t feel heavy but wasn’t super fast. Last set was better. Breathing hard by the end.

Tempo paused squat (3 sec down, 3 sec pause)

Bar x 5
65 x 5
90 x 4 x 4 sets
RPE 9, 9, 9, 10

First set felt Felt ok, second was hard, starting cranking my head back on last couple of reps, really need to fix this. Third was better head more neutral. Last set was tough. Face was more than a bit red on the last rep of the sets!!!

OH press - band pull aparts between sets
55 x 7 x 4 sets
RPE 7, 8, 8, 9

Pull ups - all wide grip
Max x 4 sets - 11, 9, 8, 7
Superset these with glute ham raises 10 x 4 sets - first time of doing these, I am going to feel it tomorrow !!

Finish with plank for time. - 92 secs probably could have gone a bit more but wanted to give myself something to beat next time

Not a bad session tonight, pretty sure I am going to be sore tomorrow.

7 Likes

It was my middle daughters first game in under 10’s basketball today and she played really well. Playing in an all girls team this season and she loves it. The girls tend to pass a little more than the boys so she got more possessions. She didn’t score today but set up a basket with a lovely cross court pass. Best thing was watching her bond with the new team of
Girls and have so much fun. They won 8-3 which was the icing on the cake.

5 Likes

So I thought that my legs would be a little sore today from the paused squats, deads and glute ham raises yesterday. But as it turns out it’s my lats from the pull ups that are seriously sore !!

3 Likes

Woke at 86.4kg (190). good to see the weight stay in the mid 86’s should be at 87 next week.

4 Likes

Woke at 87.0kg (191) I guess bbq and beer even if it is only 2 will do that to you. I expect that to drop back a little tomorrow.
Misses asked me this morning when my weight loss was going to start. I am guessing that’s her nice way for saying you are getting fat !!!

5 Likes

I’ve been hearing that for months.

3 Likes

Guess that means I’ve got a few weeks before I have to think about it then !! :wink:

I hope to stay on the gain train for the rest of the year. Not so sure the missus agree :blush:

3 Likes

I’m eating more healthy but I’m not cutting. If I was strictly following the plan then I’d have to limit myself to three adult beverages per week. I’m consuming closer to three a day.

3 Likes

Monday 29th Oct - micro 1 week 2
Squat and bench

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
102.5 x 6 x 4 sets
RPE 8, 8, 8, 9
Heaviest weight in squat for a few weeks. Damn you holiday !!!

Bench
Bar x -10
65 x 8
77.5 x 9 x 4 sets
RPE 8, 9, 9, 10
Felt down on power in the first set. Last set was hard!!

Bent row - paused at top 3 count
80 x 6 x 4 sets
Was worried about these, did them kind of more upright (bodybuilder style). Last couple of reps on each set was a little ugly but happy. Actually fk that, these were horrid. Lol

Temp close grip bench(3sec down, 1 sec pause, 2 sec up)
80 x 5 - only got 3.5, got pinned on the fourth rep, nice and slow down good pause got it about half way up and it wasn’t going any further.
Was supposed to be four sets at 80 but Dropped down to
70 x 4 (got pinned again on 5th)
70 x 4
70 x 3
These were worse than the rows…thanks coach !!

Second week back and that session was just rude !!! Fk I’m tired now.

5 Likes