T Nation

Simo’s Training Log - Dangerous Dad V 2.0

See if you can snap a pic of one of those tigers!

Lol might not get a tiger but will probably get a pic of a devil or two !!

1 Like

Have a good holiday mate, I hear Tasmania has got some good 4wding too

1 Like

Yes it does! On my bucket list, I just can’t convince the Mrs to go on the ferry :smiley: or to cross into Vic to get there
Please get stuck into some tracks there mate, I’m having withdrawals after the Simmo a couple of months back.

2 Likes

No 4WDing in the hire car mate. It seems like anywhere you go over here you run out of real roads anyway !! Lol

8 Likes

Ok so I am back. 6 weeks to go until comp. time to get busy.

Monday 11th January - Peak week 1

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 1
145 x 2 (309 lbs) - RPE 8 little slow but not too hard
137.5 x 4 x 3 sets (303 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7
these moved well. Strength still there but a little out of the grove after a week off.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 8 x 4 sets (198 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 8, 9
Moved nice and nice pump

Bulgarians
65 x 6 x 3 sets
Yuk!!! Inner thighs cramping in the end !!

Db bench
35 x 7 x 4 sets
Moved nice.

Pretty good first session back. Strength it still there. Feeling sore in the legs already, the rest of the week is going to hurt.

12 Likes

Welcome back! How was your vacay?

Really good mate. Went to Tasmania which is a beautiful part of Oz. Did lots of activity’s with the kids, rafting, tree climb courses, caves, hiking in the bush, beach. Good food, good company and good times.

15 Likes

Did you fly over or jump on the Spirit of Tassie?

Flew mate, only there 6 days so preferred the 1 hr flight

1 Like

Yes, it is. You just jumped right back into it there.

Vacation sounds great. We haven’t been on a legit vacation in about five years. Someday…

1 Like

Doms is out of this world today. Tried to use my impact massager tonight… not at all pleasant!

5 Likes

The downside to time off…

1 Like

Thursday 14th January - peak week 1

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 1
110 x 1 (242 lbs) - good pause moved easy
110 x 1 same as the last one
102.5 x 4 x 4 sets (226 lbs) RPE 8, 8, 9,
Moved ok but were a little off grove.

Squat
Bar x 10 - 7 reps and then done

Legs were soooo sore today. After 7 reps with an empty bar my legs locked up and I called it a day. It took me 5 mins of sitting on a bench to muster the courage to walk to the car. Hopefully the soreness will be less tomorrow and I can deadlift !!

6 Likes

Friday 15th Jan - peak week 1

Deadlift

Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
150 x 1
170 x 1 - little slow
185 x 1 - legs still so tight this was like a 185kg stiff leg deadlift. Lower back held together but it was a fkn slow pull.
150 x 3 x 4 sets - RPE 7, 7, 7, 8

Hammies and inner thighs were still fkn tight. Kept the down sets to 3 reps to stop my lower back and legs from braking !!

Top set was supposed to be 175 for a double and back off sets at 142.5 x 5. I knew after the last warm up set that 175 was going to be hard so only went for a single. Dropped the down sets to 140 x 3 to save my back.
Realised on the last set that I had missloaded and the top set was 185 and the back off sets were150!! Idiot.

Squat
Bar x 15 legs still not ready

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
97.5 x 6 x 3 sets RPE 8, 8
Chest feeling yesterdays bench but still moved ok.

Db row
40 x 9 x 4 sets

Boy what a first week back. Legs are totally trashed, lower back is solid pumped from dead’s. Chest is the only area that feels ok. Must be al that flexing I do that keeps the pecs ready to train !!

11 Likes

Is peak week going to have the same effect after a week off?

No more weeks off before just a taper of the volume in the last week.

You’re obviously using it in the wrong places ya big stud muffin

2 Likes

Show me where it says it’s not for your aggotts!

1 Like

Hate when that happens :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
(Not that it matters all that much, but it is so annoying to not be able to sum up simple numbers.)

1 Like