T Nation

Simo’s Training Log - Dangerous Dad V 2.0

Squats from tonight, I am starting to feel worn out !!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH7ia9-Ab8c/?igshid=1gvj7oe6eqkjc

2 Likes

Pulled up pretty good today. Little soreness here and there but nothing to complain about. Weighed myself again tonight and still about the same, maybe lost a tiny bit. I have decide to add some additional carbs to my breakfast shake and also my pre bed shake. I’ll monitor it for a couple of weeks and if the scale isn’t moving up I’ll add some more food.

2 Likes

This is the second post in less than a minute that I’ve seen where someone is talking about intentional weight gain.

I can’t relate. Y’all are crazy.

3 Likes

Lol mate I have been walking the dog twice a day and all the cardio is making me shrink. Time to really get my bloat on!!

1 Like

Thursday 26th Nov - volume week 3

Bench

Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 1
110 x 1
117.5 x 1 (259 lbs) solid pause but slow press.
100 x 5 x 5 sets (220 lbs) 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
Good bench tonight. Speed was a little slow but I expect that when I am at the end of a volume block.

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
122.5 x 8 x 4 sets (270 lbs) RPE 7, 8, 8, 9
Really out of breath on these. Puffing like an old steam train by the end!! Hit 9 reps on the last set just to prove I had more.

Bent over row
85 x 8 x 5 sets
Short rests, these were hard tonight.

Dips - 3 sets
BW + 15kg - 19, 14, 12
Good pump.

Good session but pretty sore by the end. Need to eat now!
Right forearm has been kind of dead and achy all day today. Grip was off but lucky I didn’t have any pulling today.

5 Likes

Vids from tonight. Squat vid was the last set.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDQD9GgSK4/?igshid=1hh17aknmqvko

Pfft. That’s just because you care about obscure things, such as looking good, living long and having a good quality of life. Possibly at the cost of gains!

4 Likes

You are correct. I’ve added cardio and I’m gaining weight. It’s probably the chips and salsa my wife has been keeping on hand.

1 Like

I have been using celery as a crunchy salsa delivery mechanism.

3 Likes

That’s either brilliant or absurd. Both, really.

2 Likes

It started with peanut butter and has been evolving. Also used it with tuna salad and yogurt. It’s like a crunchy edible spoon.

2 Likes

Mix tinned tuna with Mayo, add some finely chopped fresh chilli and speed in the celery. Bloody great. Works with tinned chicken and Mayo too.

1 Like

No wonder you’re losing weight, amphetamines and celery, you’re on the supermodel diet.

3 Likes

Shhhh it’s a secret !! I think that meant to say spread. But whatever works right.

1 Like

Friday 27th Nov - volume week 3

Deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
140 x 1
160 x 1
177.5 x 3 (391 lbs) RPE 9 - grip slipping on last rep
152.5 x 5 x 5 sets (336 lbs) RPE 7, 6, 7, 7, 8
Hot in the shed today. Sweating hard. Forearm was better today so grip was ok other than being slippery. Happy with these.

Squat 310
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
112.5 x 4 x 4 sets (248 lbs) RPE 9, 9, 9, 9
Uuuurrrgh so hot !!! Was so hot I Wanted to quit after the first set of these and go a lay down. I had @T3hPwnisher @Koestrizer @guineapig @dagill2 @alex_uk @Cyrrex @painter27 @strongmanvinny2 @aldebaran @TrainForPain and all you other nutters in my head saying ‘suck it up princess’ and ‘have a spoon of concrete and harden the fk up’
Got my lazy ass up and finished the work.

Bench 420
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 2
92.5 x 4 x 4 sets (204 lbs) RPE 9, 9, 9, 8
Pretty sure these weren’t 4 - 2 tonight. But they were slow tempo with a pause.

Cable row
50 x 10 x 5 sets

Great session tonight. 40c in the shed which deff makes it harder. Going to need to drink a shit tonne of water this weekend.

15 Likes

I have never said that but it’s a pretty awesome saying so I might start.

2 Likes

Check yourself before u wreck yourself lol. It is getting hot now innit? Barrel doesn’t quite cut it at 40 degrees

1 Like

Lol too right mate. No aircon in the shed so it heats up like a dunny in the desert !!

*barrel fan. One with some fancy water misty action

1 Like

Deadlift from tonight, too fkn hot for a shirt!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIFyLiiA40s/?igshid=14n3f1580olao

2 Likes