Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 1
150 x 1 (330 lbs) ok
140 x 4 x 3 sets
These are the last back squats for a few weeks. Body will be glad of the change.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
100 x 8 x 3 sets (220lbs)
Happy with sets at 100kg.

All done, nothing else to see here.

8 Likes

Your deload bench is 100kg?! No wonder you are happy with that :laughing:

1 Like

Simo does pretend deloads, like most of us.

5 Likes

Friday 18th September - deload

Deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
140 x 1
160 x 1
170 x 5 (374 lbs) little slow but ok (was supposed to be a single but felt like doing a bit more)
140 x 5 x 3 sets

OH press
Bar x 10
40 x 5
60 x 1
70 x 1
75 x 1
80 x 1 (176 lbs) - this was a very slow grinder, stuck halfway for what seemed like a minute !!
60 x 9

Happy to get 80 overhead, technique was crap but managed to muscle it up. So happy I am moving into a restorative block, my body really needs a break.

5 Likes

Vids from tonight, check out my horrible grinder at 80kg if you want a laugh

10 Likes

Oh my God I’m bursting in laughs ahahaha for fuck’s sake it took 10 seconds! You have massive balls! That’s the hardest grind I have ever seen! Congrats on the weight lifted, and your perseverance!

1 Like

Minus one point for the tiny bit of knee wiggle, but then plus 3 points for insane perserverance. Lol, that was funny as shit.

1 Like

@Cyrrex I saw that little dip and also deducted points. I really need to work on some technique.

@aldebaran I am glad you found it funny. I think at one point it comes back down a little and then I still push it back up…eventually :joy:

1 Like

That little dip is actually extremely difficult to avoid when you are at are near your max, in my experience. Your body subconsciously wants to do it, possibly because it knows you might fail without it. You just have to get over it, get a tiny bit stronger, and your body will drop that reflex. Until you get to the next max, anyway.

2 Likes

For the press put it on ur head for a bit to rest and then finish the press

2 Likes

Well done for getting that one up!

In the deadlift vid - is that your back creaking? :wink:

2 Likes

7:24 minutes (I don’t know how to share with time stamps).
Simo is gonna turn Viking.
4 Likes

Skol

That technique is banned nowadays. What a shame

That OHP was epic. I say there’s value to grinding out a rep every now and again.

1 Like

Is that because danger

I always wear a helmet on log press day.

2 Likes

Do you also have an amazing curly mullet?

1 Like