T Nation

Simo’s Training Log - Dangerous Dad V 2.0

t-ransformation2019

Woke at 82.0kg feeling very dehydrated. Will drink heaps of water today to make sure I’m good for training tonight.

Mon 15th April - Intensity week 3

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
80 x 3
100 x 3
107.5 x 5 (237 lbs) RPE - 7 didn’t feel strong but moved ok
95 x 8 x 4 sets (209 lbs) RPE - 7, 8, 8, 8
Good reps, lungs were pumping. Last set was the best set, better bracing and drive from the hole.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
80 x 3
87.5 x 5 RPE 8 moved ok
75 x 8 x 4 sets RPE 7, 7, 7, 9 theee sets I moved the bar fast, felt good so did 10 reps on last set
SS band pull aparts
20 x 4 sets

Bulgarians
16kg kettlebells x 8 x 5 sets
OMG I hate these. Kept rest to under 60 secs. It didn’t matter whether I sat, walked or laid down in between sets, I couldn’t stop the quads from burning !!

Push up + 10kg
Max x 4 sets - 40 (oops forgot the +10kg), 20, 15, 15
SS Hammer curl
12.5kg x 12 x 4

Overall another good session, the heavy set of squats felt… well … heavy but it still moved ok. The down sets moved fine. Bench was pretty solid, top set moved quick enough and down sets were all quick reps. The rest of the session is a blur, all I know is my legs and chest were seriously pumped by the end.

Woke at 80.7kg - looks like chicken and broccoli combined with training has worked its magic again.

Went back to the osteo tonight and she worked her magic. Chest is super tight and she wants me to stretch it a LOT. Neck feels heaps better and back is a little more free.
Off to Bali in less than 3 weeks so will make sure I get plenty of massages while I am away.

This is like your third vacation in 6-8 months. Or has it already been a year since your last trip to Bali?

Meanwhile, the closest thing I get to vacation is surgery and light duty.

I need to get my shit together! :laughing:

Lmao, I went camping in January, I was in Bali in October last year and went to Gold
Coast in July last year. So looks like I do have a few holidays.

My first hurdle is my leave time from work. It just doesn’t feel like I have much. I currently have about 12 days saved which would be three weeks since I work four 10s.

I’d like to have that much after I take a break.

The biggest hurdle is my son. He’s about to turn three and he’s still a bit dense. We’re working on potty training right now. I just don’t get excited about the idea of taking a suicide machine who poops his pants anywhere.

I requested to take a week off after Christmas this year. If he’s ready then we might head to the mountains for some snowboarding.

Lol I am so glad we are past the potty age. For our kids 2 years 10 months was like the magic age. We tried before that and it was a disaster. We tried after and it was all good. Our son was definitely harder that our 2 girls. Boys just seem to be slower than girls with this. It was autumn when my son turned 3 so lots of time outside playing in the yard without pants worked well,
It sounds like you have a good plan to get him trained, accrue a few more days leave and then go for it.

He’s crushing #1. He has no idea what #2 is. He normally does that in his diaper before we get him out of bed in the morning. Today is one of those days where he didn’t so I feel like I’m working with a grenade without the pin. To save myself the misery I just left him in a diaper. I don’t feel safe until he’s taken care of his morning business.

Heheh, I got a little taste of potty training again last summer with my younger granddaughter, she was 3 and didn’t want anything to do with it when we were watching her. They just decide one day that they’re done with diapers and it’s like a switch flips.

Damn, I haven’t been snowboarding for over 3 years, now. After I moved from California to KS I only went to my cabin once a year for about 2 weeks, and now since the divorce my cabin is now ‘her’ cabin. I’m close enough to Colorado now that I need to make that a priority next winter. I miss being able to go boarding 2-3 times/week when I lived in Cali, but that part of my life is, alas, over…

We haven’t been in 7 years. My aunt used to have a place in Pagosa Springs so we’d stay there for free and go to Wolf Creek. Next time we’ll have to pay for lodging so I’ll pick something closer to the slopes. We had a 40 minute drive each way to get to Wolf Creek.

That. Sucks.

I had a 5 minute drive to 2 different resorts, Bear Mountain and Snow Summit, or I could take the city bus if I wanted to. I miss my season passes and my wood stove heating and the awesome diner right around the corner… :frowning: Damn, now I’m really missing it.

Kinky.

Just give him some coffee and a cigarette. That should do the trick :crazy_face:

Woke at 80.7kg is managing to keep the bloat at bay. Had some meatballs and spaghetti last night which was yummy.

It is amazing how a switch in your rep and weight scheme can really make you work harder. This new intensity block has me doing some heavier weights with lower reps and the DOMS in my Legs and glutes today was real. Let’s just say sitting on the toilet this morning was not a pleasant experience!!!

The edge of the toilet seat digging into really sore hamstrings is pretty terrible!

Woke at 81.7kg - a few days off work this weekend so I am guessing the body weight will go up a little more. Training tomorrow afternoon so will lay off the beers until after that.
Looking around at everyone’s logs it seems like I may be the only person not suffering from an injury or ilness. This could mean one of two things. I have my balance of training and life just right or I don’t push hard enough and am missing out on gainz!!
It’s hard to know whether I should be pushing harder and whether I’m leaving pounds on the table. I guess is just have to trust in the program and keep adding those slow gains over time.
Hmmm should I push harder!??

Just enjoy being in the sweet spot. You’ll get kicked out of it soon enough.

Thanks mate. Hopefully if I keep being boring and slow with the progression I won’t get kicked out for a while longer.

Friday 19th April - Intensity week 3

Deadlift
Bar x 10
65 x 5
105 x 3
125 x 3
140 x 5 - (308 lbs) RPE 7
122.5 x 8 x 4 sets (270lbs) RPE 7, 7, 8, 8
Pulls moved well. Kept rest shorter. All the down set reps were quick. Massive lower back pump.

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 3
92.5 x 7 x 5 sets (204lbs)
RPE- 7, 7, 7, 7, 8
Pretty happy with the squats today

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
77.5 x 7 x 5 set (170 lbs) RPE 8, 8, 8, 7, 8
SS rows
77.5 x 8 x 5 sets (6 reps on last 3 sets)
Bench moved ok, rows were tough on the grip and the back.

Kettle bell swings
16kg x 15 x 3 sets
SS Ab wheel roll outs
10 x 3 sets
SS dumbell curls
12.5kg x 12 x 3 sets

This was a bloody good session. Quality.