T Nation

Simo’s Training Log - Dangerous Dad V 2.0

t-ransformation2019

Time with mum and dad has been real good. I’m off work for the next 4 days so we’ll have some fun.

Woke at 80.9kg - I’m blaming the ham, egg and chips we had for dinner !! Sodium overload !

Spent a little time on the foam roller tonight. Glutes were tight, legs were tight and back was tight. No real surprises there. Going out for the day tomorrow with the family. Will be in the car for a while which is bound to tighten me up a little more. Deadlift and squats tomorrow night looking forward to it.

Long stents in the car mess me up. We have a 7 hr drive next weekend and I’m not looking forward to it. Good luck with the squats and deads

Yeah, that drive won’t be fun. I’m driving down to Austin in a week, about 700 miles and I’m not looking forward to that at all… Standing up after 3-4 hours in the car and I feel like I’m an old man.

I hate long drives for how messed up I feel after.

Always weird to me how greasy you feel after a long drive. It’s not like you did anything lol

Woke at 81.3kg. Looks like cut may have ended !! Still going to keep it clean for the next few weeks and limit the damage.

Had a great day out with the family at a local maze gardens. The kids had great fun running through the mazes and getting lost. They also have some big tube slides down the side of a hill. It’s hard work dragging the inflatable ring up the hill to the start but great fun sliding down. Grandad had quite a workout going to the hill with all three kids wanting to go with him because he was the heaviest and went the fastest. Great day.

Friday 12th April - Intensity block week 2

Deadlift
Bar x 10
65 x 5
105 x 3
125 x 3
135 x 5 (297 lbs) RPE- 5 good pulls tonight
117.5 x 8 x 3 sets
Down sets were tough, breathing hard at the end !! Kept the rest a little shorter at 90 secs.

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
90 x 7 x 4 sets (198 lbs) RPE- 6, 6, 6, 6
Focused on good depth and tight bracing. These moved well. Still need to drive my back harder into the bar.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 6
77.5 x 6 x 5 sets,
SS Row
77.5 x 8 x 4 sets
Bench moved fine, I did 10 reps on the last set with no real struggle. Oh and I hate these rows !!

Kettlebell swings
16kg x 10 x 3 sets
SS Ab wheel rollouts
10 x 3 sets
SS dumbell curls
10kg x 10 x 3 sets

Food was a little off plan today. Going out for the day meant I had to eat what ever was going. I had a meat pie and chips for lunch and it was repeating on me really badly when I was training. Overall this was a good session today. I had 3 hours in the car today and was expecting to be a little jacked up but everything moved well.
Dad joined me for another session, which considering the amount of hill walking he did today was a great effort. Happy days.

Topped off today’s bad food day with a Thai takeaway and I’m not even a little bit sorry. It was yummy!!

Looks like you are training like I’m thinking.

another good session Simo

Thanks big p, just doing the work really but it did feel like a good session.

I have squats and bench twice a week in my program. One day is a little heavier the other is either working on technique or a weak point. In this block the lighter sessions I am focusing on technique bracing and speed. The difference between my current block and what you proposed is that I am only training 2 days a week. I’m not sure I could do this twice in a week !!

Woke at 82.1kg - oops

Woke at 82.4kg - two changes this week, 1. allowed myself a couple of beers and a little less strict on carbs, 2. Added creatine back in at the start of the week.
I’m hoping the weight increase is water weight from the creatine !

I would imagine it is. I noticed a bit of a jump when I added it into the plan

Took the kids and my dad to the motocross track today. Dad used to race years ago and really enjoyed watching the kids ride round. They all did really well today, girls were getting faster and smoother the more time the spent on the track. Jake was getting real fast and getting some good air over the jumps. Great morning out.