105 x 5
125 x 5 (275 lbs) RPE - 5 moved ok neck a little sore
110 x 8 x 3 sets RPE- 5, 5, 5
Moved these sets fast, good reps.

Squats
Bar x 10
65 x 5
90 x 6 x 4 sets (198 lbs) RPE 5, 5, 6, 6
Focused on knees out, these felt good. Best sets for a long time. Loving the lower reps!!

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
75 x 6 x 4 sets. (165 lbs) RRE, 6, 6, 6, 6,
SS Row
75 x 8 x 3 sets
Good pause and drive was ok.

Kettle bell swings
16kg x 10 x 3 sets
SS ab roll outs
10 x 3 sets
SS dumbell curls (slow reps)
10kg x 10 x 3 sets

Very good session tonight. Neck is still a little sore and it seemed to effect my power for deadlift a little. But squats and bench were good. Dad came and trained with me again which was good.

Woke at 80.0kg (176 lbs) - feeling skinny. Neck is still very sore and crunchy!!

Are people telling you that your face looks thinner yet?

We are neck and neck weight wise now :slight_smile: were will we end :slight_smile:

Workout looked quite easyish for you, I see a trend here, you start out a little light on each phase.
Clever coach

Yes they have also noticed at work how many times I adjust my pants a day because they are too loose !!

Yes each block starts at a lower % and volume and % increases across the weeks. It always means you feel fresh and strong after the deload and weights feel easy. The body doesn’t get too beat up that way. It means progress is a little slower but I’m not in any rush to get injured !!

Nice workout Simo

Thanks man, liking the new avatar too.

This morning was my daughters basketball grand final. They played a great game in the first half and were 10 - 4 up. The other team came back strong and soon it was 10 - 10 with 2 mins to play. My daughter took a steal in our own half and threw a great pass over the top, down court to her team mate, who dribbled down court and scores. Now we are 12 - 10 with 60 secs to play. That has to have been the longest 60 secs ever. Finally the buzzer sounds and the girls go crazy. I was so proud of her and all the girls. Great to see her play and have fun and really great to see her win the grand final.

That’s grand your dad’s working out too! I wonder if accidentally leaving the bike on a higher resistance level will inspire him to lift a little harder, since he knows he can. :smiley: Within reason for his age, of course.

That sounded like a really intense basketball game Simo
Congrats to your daughter and her teammates.

Great stuff, Simo! I’m calling the Y right now to figure out what my daughter can do this summer. It’s time!

Woke at 80.8kg - that 800g was all beer and nuts !! First real drink for 3 months and head can feel it this morning !! Need to rehydrate today !

Did you find that you were way more hung over after not having partaken in months. I sure did.

No not really, I obviously didn’t try hard enough !! We started early in the afternoon and I slowed down later in the evening so maybe that helped !!

great sessions simo, for your lower reps you tend to focus on technique?

Yes bigpappa that exactly it. Really focus on bracing, going through the cues and hitting good reps. The down sets are just volume so move these a little quicker. My coach is big on me not getting too sloppy with the lighter weights and still using the same technique but just move the bar quicker. Move the light weights like they’re heavy and the heavy will move like they’re light. That’s the theory anyway.

Woke at 80.9kg - guessing this is mostly water after I rehydrated yesterday. Training tonight so will hopefully see that drop a little tomorrow.

Monday 8th April - Intensity block week 2

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
105 x 5 (231 lbs) RPE 7 this felt too slow and heavy, but technically all the reps were good.
90 x 8 x 3 sets (198 lbs) - RPE 6, 7, 6
These felt much better

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
87.5 x 5 - (192.5 lbs) RPE 9 - good long pauses on these. Would have liked a little more speed
72.5 x 8 x 3 sets (160lbs) RPE - 6, 7, 7 moved these down sets fast, good reps. Happy with how bench moved tonight.
SS band pull
20 x 3 sets

Bulgarians
12.5kg x 9 x 4 sets

Push up + 5kg on handles
Max x 4 sets - 33, 20, 16, 14
SS pull ups
Max x 4 sets - 10, 7, 5, 5
Great upper body pump on these.

Hammer curls
12.5kg x 10 x 3 sets

Pretty happy with the session tonight, squats felt a little heavy but they were all good reps so nothing to worry about.

Woke at 80.5kg - got a really good sleep last night but am very tired today. Body feels good, neck is still a little sore but I am off to the osteo later to let Elizabeth sort it out !!