Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Physique looking great Simo! Lats are really popping in that front shot.

2 Likes

I’m bigger though

8 Likes

I love it! T Nationers hanging out lol

3 Likes

Yer @guineapig got some big head gainz!!!

2 Likes

When are you coming over for the Arnold to hang out? Next year ?

That’s the plan! For the full three days most likely. Really want to watch/support the WA strongman team there and attend the arnolds

4 Likes

Woke at 82.2kg (180 lbs) - wasn’t expecting this increase. We did have tacho’s for dinner but didn’t expect a few shells to make that much difference. Maybe the extra salt had an impact.

3 Likes

Last day of cricket coaching today, had a great morning with the kids. It was good to see them all getting a medal at the presentation after. Spent the rest of the day at the kids school fete. 30 degrees and bright sunshine so a pretty darn good day for it. Last week of my second hypertrophy block next week. It’s going to be a hard week so will be upping the protien a little. Haven’t spoken to the coach about what the next 6 weeks will look. I am guessing 1 week deload and the a small strength volume block. It will be good to see if all these reps translate into anything !!

4 Likes

You have been on a deficit diet, so there will be something in it I’m sure. Maybe not as much as you could expect.

1 Like

Woke at 82.3kg - feeling very dehydrated and very tired. I think spending the whole day in the sun yesterday had an effect. Probably a little sun stroke.
Switching back to chicken and broccoli this week as weight loss has stopped around the 82 mark. I will try and add some extra weighted walking in this week and see if I can get the weight moving down again. I really want to get to 80kg or even just under before I start eating and drinking again !!!

2 Likes

I find that if I over do it on the broccoli I get really bloated. Green beans and asparagus work well for me to rotate into the mix

2 Likes

I don’t seem to have that problem. I tend to just buy green veg based on what is cheapest at the time. Broccoli was cheaper than green beans this week. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I gotcha. Think it’s the fiber. It just sticks with me. Stinks cause broccoli is my favorite!

1 Like

Mon 18th March - hypertrophy block 2 week 4

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
95 x 10 x 6 sets (209 lbs) RPE - 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 10
SS with hanging knee raise
10 x 6 sets
Still puffing like an old steam train on these. Last 2 sets of squats were hard, legs burning by the end, didn’t have anything left at the end. Perfect weight and programming from the coach.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
82.5 x 7 x 6 sets (182 lbs) RPE- 9, 9, 8, 10, 10, 10
SS band pull aparts
20 x 6 sets
Was really dizzy after the first set here. Second moved a little better. Only got 6 reps on set 5 and 6. Great pump here.

Bulgarians
15 x 10 x 5 sets
OMG pump here was horrible, couldn’t stop legs hurting even when lying on the floor between sets!! These made me want to puke !!

Push up
20 x 5 sets
There were supposed to be 5 max sets but only did one set of push ups and was finished. Legs were in so much pain trying to hold the push up position I had to stop.
The programming for this block has been so good. This is the last week and should push me to the edge and that’s where I was tonight. Quality.

10 Likes

Damn building up some serious volume

That’s one hell of a session right there!

Thanks @muskratlifts and @jackolee this was definitely one of the hardest sessions I’ve done for a while. 40 reps at bodyweight for bench is not to bad for an old dad!! Last session of this block on Friday and then a well deserved de load next week.

4 Likes

Woke at 81.8kg (180 lbs) - I expected the weight to drop but given how much I sweated in bed last night and how dehydrated I felt this morning I was hoping it would drop a little more.

2 Likes

40 reps! Seriously impressed

That wasn’t in one set mate. Now that would be impressive !!