Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

I’m not allowed to drink bourbon much. Apparently it makes me belligerent.

2 Likes

Right this cold is starting to piss me off now. Wasnt feeling much better today.
Woke at 81.6kg (179.5 Lbs) I am now officially 170 something. Not sure how long it will last as I am sure it’s juat a little dehydration.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like the crap I had recently. My nasal cavity and throat felt bad for about five days.

Yer I’m on day 5 now so hopefully a couple more days and it will clear.

That’s not the way you want to run a cut… Get better, man.

Silver lining to feeling like arse!

1 Like

Mon 4th March - hypertrophy block 2 - week 2

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
90 x 10 x 4 sets - RPE 7, 8, 8, 8
SS with hanging knee raise
10 x 4 sets

First set moved ok they was a surprise. Second moved ok but was breathing hard at the end. Stopped the hanging knee raise and just rested. Rests were a little longer tonight (about 3 mins) but it didn’t make it easier.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 7
80 x 7 x 4sets RPE - 9, 8, 8, 9
SS with band pull aparts 20 x 4

First set of bench felt slow. Probably just tired from squats !!! Second set moved better … that’s odd !!

Bulgarians
10 x 8 x 4 sets - good pump
Push up
20 x 4 sets
SS with
Pull ups
5 x 4 sets

These should have been max reps but I capped them cause I was nearly done!! Still got a good pump.!

Considering how crap I have felt all day, tonight was a bloody good session. Hit all the reps and other than my lungs pumping nothing felt too hard. Probably should have rested but I am over this cold so fk it !!!

5 Likes

Good on you man getting after it even when you feel like crap! That’s some mental toughness right there and it’s gomna pay off man!

1 Like

Fixed that for you !!

2 Likes

F*ck that’s a lot of sets to failure :slight_smile:

Lmao that is a typo caused by extreme brain fade. This could be cold related or lack of carbs. It should say 4 sets of 20 reps !!

3 Likes

Woke at 81.5kg - second day at 179 lbs
Clothes really starting to feel loose now, but no time to doubt myself just got to keep grinding

5 Likes

Good going man. Give it a week or two and we will cross over weights! I’m at 80kg and on the up.

1 Like

Just get a set of clothes for when ur lean and a set for when you bulked

1 Like

I have that already. Some of my pants and shorts don’t fit when I get over 85kg. Now I am slim again there is half of my wardrobe I can wear again.

1 Like

Still fighting this cold virus and not enjoying it. Body actually feels good after yesterday’s session, a little tightness and muscle soreness but that’s it. My head however feels like it is full of snot and I am feeling more that a little tired. Guessing fighting a cold when your carbs are at 50 grams a day is not ideal !!
Had a bigger dinner than planned tonight, which included a little potatoe. It will probably take me over my carbs and cals for the day but I needed to eat.

3 Likes

I find that when doing super low carb a day of excess gives me energy for the next two or three. It can be more of a mental boost than anything else as well.

Me too man. I woke up yesterday with a brutal sore throat. I took the day off and will try and get to the doctor sometime today…

Sorry to hear that hog. Hope it clears soon

I deff felt better this morning. Woke at 81.6kg so no real change in weight. Still have the cold but think it is going now. Had a great sleep last night too which probably helped.

3 Likes