Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

I’d say your definately depleated. Give yourself a refeed, and you’ll feel like a million bucks. The great thing is that if your glycogen is deprecated you can refeed without storing any fat. I’d do between 200 and 300 slow digesting carbs for a day and then go back on plan. Let us know how it goes if you decide to do it

3 Likes

Woke at 82,8kg today which is more where I want it to be. I will do a refeed one day later this week and see how I feel.

1 Like

82,8 kg, that’s insane Simo, you’re really doing well.
And lifting is awesome as well.

Thanks @mortdk the next 4 weeks will be the big test. Want to hold or increase strength with another hypertrophy block. Mentally I think I can do it, now just need to body to play the game.

5 Likes

That’s the sort of fun only a gym bro would love! :grin: It’ll work great for your leg mass, I’ll bet. Increasing your carb intake may be necessary to succeed at those squats.

1 Like

Woke at 82.6kg and starting to feel slim now

4 Likes

RoadToShredded. When’s the men’s physique show then lol

1 Like

Lmao I’d probably fair better in a woman’s show. !!!

1 Like

Had to come home from work early today to look after my girls. My son wasn’t well last night, bad cold and very chesty. Wife took him to the Dr and as his breathing was so bad they told her to take him straight to the children’s hospital. They were going to call an ambulance but she had the girls with her (no school today), so she called me and I left work straight away. He’s been at the hospital all afternoon and they are still treating him and monitoring his breathing. Not sure yet if they are going to keep him in or not. Spending a beautiful sunny day with my girls is a big win but pretty worried about poor little Jake.
It’s funny, you can be the fastest, strongest, biggest or whatever bloke in the world and it all means nothing. Feeling pretty helpless but know he is in the best hands and they’ll get him right.

6 Likes

Fuck man. That sucks.

Hope you’re doing ok. Young bloke will be fine, they bounce back quick. Could be the dust we’ve been having.

Thanks @MarkKO
He’s in the best place so not too worried. He has a very bad viral cold that looks like it has effected his chest and breathing. At least there he can get oxygen when he needs it.

2 Likes

Damn Simo yeah we’re pretty vulnerable when our kids are affected by something.
Good to hear they’ve found a reason and sounds like something he’ll overcome.
Enjoy the day with the girls.

2 Likes

So I ended up having an unintentional re feed day today. Had 125g of rice split between my 2 chicken and veggie lunch meals. Then had some chips (fries) with my dinner. Got the girls fish and chips and they didn’t eat all the chips, so I added them to my chicken and had them for dinner. Didn’t have too many but between the rice and potatoes I would be close to 200g carbs today. And probably a little more salt than normal. It will be interesting to see what weight is tomorrow.’

4 Likes

All good big Mo, a night of binging is ok and keeps you sane mate. Enjoy the gains :+1:

3 Likes

You might wake up tomorrow and like the way the mirror looks! May hold a little weight (water/glyco), but if I’m low carb for any amount of time, my body seems to LOVE when I reintroduce carbs. Glycogen replenished.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your little mans in the hospital. Been there with my girls and your right… the helpless feeling is the pits. Hopefully his recovery will be a quick one! Enjoy your time with your girls though.

I bet you will look and feel great tomorrow after the added carbs. Ready to tackle the world again!

1 Like

I feel you there, man. When I found out my son was type 1 diabetic it really took the wind out of my sails. One minute you’re in total control of your world, and the next…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about young Jake. My kids both had respiratory infections when they were little. We have a machine at home but for the life of me I can’t think of the name right now. We got a prescription for some sort of medicine that gets turned into a vapor to treat their lungs. We have extra so if my son starts to wheeze then we give him a treatment. My daughter seems to be big enough that those types of things don’t affect her anymore.

The last time the chest stuff hit he got an extra special breathing treatment at Immediate Care. His lungs were both inflamed and constricted. Luckily it’s 2019 and we have amazing medical tools.

Hope he bounces back soon.

3 Likes

I somehow missed this post Simo. Sorry to hear this. Hopefully, whatever it is, it passes quickly!

2 Likes

I missed that one too, best wishes big fella

1 Like