5 snatch/10 burpee over bar
4 snatch/8 burpee
3/6
2/4
1/2
For time. 60kg or whatever you need.

It’s quick and brutal

2 Likes

Do you have a sandbag? You can do serious damage with that.

1 Like

Body weight circut stuff always kills me,
Just set your time limit and keep cycling through.

1 Like

For short and sharp

Tabata burpees

100 burpee challenge (aim for sub 10 min)

Quarter Murph (1/4 mile run (400m), 25 chins, 50 push ups, 75 squats, 1/4 mile run)

6 Likes

I love the barbell stuff like the Bear Complex but I can’t do them anymore with my hip. Front squats are out. However, one of my favorites was EMOM of 2 hang cleans, 2 front squats, 2 push presses. Here’s a shot of me doing them in April of 17 before all of my hip problems really surfaced.

Once you’re close to being a bad ass, look up Macho Man and Hulk Hogan :wink:

2 Likes

sounds like a plan… On occasion I like kettle swings for condition work.

2 Likes

look up cross fit wods:
Jack: push press x 10, KB swing x 10, box jump x 10
Cindy: pull up x 5, push up x10, squat x 15
some emom stuff: even minutes: pull ups x max, uneven: 10 burpees
Chin up x 5, DB press x 5, burpee x 5

do any of the above as a finisher for 10 minutes and you’re toast

1 Like

All great ideas guys thanks for sharing and keep them coming. I’ll copy them all down and start ticking them off. Getting motivated just thinking about them, I must be sick !!

3 Likes

Sorry I should of mentioned that. I usually explain it like that to people who arnt versed in it so they dont wimper out.
Get them to come with me to a CF box and they see how its done, by then its usually too late to back out :grin::joy:

1 Like

100 doubles @ 100 kg deadlift as fast as possible.
Really didn’t enjoy that one.

1 Like

100 squats with 60kg for time - that was brutal!

3 Likes

Have a crack at a PLP sort of program for shits and giggles. I’ve added them before to my normal weeks, always did them before any normal session but with 60kg squats instead of lunges. Started off easy as piss at 10 reps, but once it gets to 25 squats, plus leg day and that amount of pushups and chins it gets freaking hard quickly

This is supposed to be daily, wondering. If I could add something like this but only do it 1-2 times a week.

1 Like

Yep daily, no point being a pussy about it, only takes 10 mins all up, and starting day 1 at 10 reps, it gets somewhat lengthy after you get to 30 odd reps. Its a fun challenge, I have done various types of it over the years and start to break the shit up over the day, mainly the chins.
I’d crank out all the pushups before work, along with some chins, then more chins and the squats after work

1 Like

Just calculated our lifts in the Hogs meet…
Same total, but you skinny bastard beats me on weight (And nicer squat)

3 Likes

He’s short, though!

Thanks mate no need to rub it in. Height is no excuse, you don’t hear me complaining when I play basketball :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When it comes to basketball I think you’re either tall or you’re not. I’m not sure where the cut off is but I’d guess it’s around my height - 6’ 4".

You’re either a guard or a big man…or a big man who plays guard :joy:.

I played center during my brief college career and regularly guarded guys who were 6’ 10" and 240+ lbs. Suddenly 6’5" (rounding up) and 225 wasn’t big. It took everything I had to keep from sliding across the floor in the post.

3 Likes

You must be one bad ass mfer. Seriously! 6’4” center is small for any level of college ball. You, in the day, we’re a beast. Still are dude…

2 Likes