Silymarin Anyone?

Since most of the people that read this website are taking some form of supps. I was wondering if anyone takes a product called Silymarin. It is a concentrated formula of the Milk Thistle seed and it’s supposed to be great for liver support. Taken for a few days it supposedly detoxes the liver by raising protective glutathione levels. Any positive results using this product? I just piced up a small bottle.

BTW, it’s a lot cheaper than plain old Milk Thistle.

[quote]kurmatt wrote:
Since most of the people that read this website are taking some form of supps. I was wondering if anyone takes a product called Silymarin. It is a concentrated formula of the Milk Thistle seed and it’s supposed to be great for liver support. Taken for a few days it supposedly detoxes the liver by raising protective glutathione levels. Any positive results using this product? I just piced up a small bottle.

BTW, it’s a lot cheaper than plain old Milk Thistle.
*************** Great for your liver. Supossedly will help with anabolism cause the liver has to do so much work with detoxing you from your enviorment and all. In fact the liver has over 100 functions and this will help “lighten” trhe load so to speak.
Brandon Green
[/quote]

Yeah I’ve heard it’s supposed to be great for your liver as well. I know a lot of AS users use it as a protective measure. I remember Chad W. (I think it was him!), mentioning that he used a supplement with his clients that was supposed to be good for the liver. It wasn’t milk thistle either… anyone remember what it was that he used?

[quote]MJT wrote:
Yeah I’ve heard it’s supposed to be great for your liver as well. I know a lot of AS users use it as a protective measure. I remember Chad W. (I think it was him!), mentioning that he used a supplement with his clients that was supposed to be good for the liver. It wasn’t milk thistle either… anyone remember what it was that he used?[/quote]

I think it was Nature’s Way Super Thisilyn
~daw

[quote]MJT wrote:
Yeah I’ve heard it’s supposed to be great for your liver as well. I know a lot of AS users use it as a protective measure. I remember Chad W. (I think it was him!), mentioning that he used a supplement with his clients that was supposed to be good for the liver. It wasn’t milk thistle either… anyone remember what it was that he used?[/quote]

Well, the other supp. I take for liver support is NAC. I think I heard about it from CW in the cool tips section. Good stuff also. IMO you can’t do enough to help out the ol’ liver.

Does anybody use Proliver? I take it year-round. It’s a must have in my supplement cupboard.