Silk Amino Acids

silk amino acids

thoughts?/ideas?

Looks like some interesting work. SAAs could be a drug target in the future. Based on the introduction, there are some interesting general effects from this class of peptides. I am really interested to see mechanisms of specific SAA forms mapped out; so far it doesn’t seem like they have gotten to that point yet.

It might have helped this study to have a control group that is only supplemented with the component AAs in equivalent doses to the SAA-treated animals to make sure that there is something to the SAAs and not just extra dietary AAs. “Scrambled” SAAs could be a nice control as well. Thanks for posting, neat study.

I got the email for these this morning… interesting

“These combined results indicate that SAA not only enhances physical stamina by minimizing damage to tissues, including muscles, as well as preventing energy depletion caused by swimming stress, but also improves male reproductive function by increasing testosterone and sperm counts.”

Certainly interesting to read, especially after seeing the amount of ads in magazines for SAA in recent months. I know you can never fully count on trials with mice transferring results to humans, but I’m wondering if these will find their way into T-Boosting supplements (I can envision the ad-copy). Obviously the amount of T-level increases (if any) on humans would have to be considerable for any noticeable results via training and recovery.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
… but I’m wondering if these will find their way into T-Boosting supplements (I can envision the ad-copy). Obviously the amount of T-level increases (if any) on humans would have to be considerable for any noticeable results via training and recovery.
[/quote]

Government ban in 3, 2, 1 …

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Government ban in 3, 2, 1 …[/quote]

haha I’ve briefly heard mention of Silk Amino Acids before and from what I remember the composition is terrible. I doubt it’ll pan out to be equivalent or superior to Whey let alone BCAA’s.

I don’t plan on investing in SAAs yet. Not until I see more info on them. I’ll stick to my BCAAs which I know have benefits.

I commented on a thread of the same title last week but I’ll do it again.

I bought into the hype and purchased two bottles of the SAA’s and I got nothing special out of it. Maybe a little better endurance during the workout but I didn’t gain any additional muscle and it wasn’t worth the money to me.

I stick to Biotest BCAA peptides and I’m happy!