Side Effects to Massive Amounts of Protein?

I was at overpriceville (vitamin shoppe) and the twig at the cash register was telling me that eating protein powder for an extended period in large amounts creates a byproduct that apparently cause discomfort to such individuals, apparently similar to jogging pain?? Then he went into a sales pitch about some BCAAs or whatever.

Is there any validation to what he says or is he just spouting something he might have heard from The View?

My guess is “the view”. If it was something to worry about they would have written about it here, and used it to sell BCAAs. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Gumpshmee wrote:
My guess is “the view”. If it was something to worry about they would have written about it here, and used it to sell BCAAs. :P[/quote]

Lol yeah, I did a search and didn’t come up with anything. But strangely enough its not the first time I have heard of people having supposed issues with lots of protein powder.

Bottom line is that is that 90% of what I have eaten for the last 3 weeks is protein powder and before the velocity diet about 20% of my protein came from powder and I feel great.

Never had any problems with quality protein.

I will say this; I had a client of mine purchase Surge from this site. She then went to Vitamin World and the salesman told her he’s certain that I must be getting a commission from T-Nation (I WISH!).

So what happened was that he talked her into buying what amounted to the ingredients in Surge but in separate containers which incidentally he earned a commission on but also cost her an arm and a leg.

I’m toying with the idea of going in there to discuss it with him but I may not even bother and just attribute it all to him being a company douchebag and be done with it.

[quote]derek wrote:
Never had any problems with quality protein.

I will say this; I had a client of mine purchase Surge from this site. She then went to Vitamin World and the salesman told her he’s certain that I must be getting a commission from T-Nation (I WISH!).

So what happened was that he talked her into buying what amounted to the ingredients in Surge but in separate containers which incidentally he earned a commission on but also cost her an arm and a leg.

I’m toying with the idea of going in there to discuss it with him but I may not even bother and just attribute it all to him being a company douchebag and be done with it.[/quote]

That sucks, and so do most of those damn vitamin stores. The crap is amazingly overpriced, and their staff is ever so helpful.