Side Effects of Steroid Use

There are real side effects from aas use - this is true.

The belief that using AAS will always result in said sides is the outdated information however. This is due to the quality and availability of ancillary drugs that are used.

For every major side effect, there is a drug to avoid it.

A sensible user will cycle (in some manner) their use and will have a full understanding of the actions the drugs have within the body and how to use the ancillary drugs to their maximum efficiacy.

This will for the most part result in a very low incidence of side effects and will generally lead to a healthy lifestyle.

:wink:

ok, I will give you a straigt answer
Acne, aching joints, water retention, high blood pressure, shrunken balls, hairloss,erectile dysfunction, gyno, chest pains, mood swings, low-moderate road rage, high RBC, elevated liver enzyme, poor HDL/LDL ratio.
I think that’s about it, I have experienced them all, ranged from mild (gyno) to severe (acne).

Come on ,do some reading. Those side effects are well know, the doctors/scientists didn’t make it up.

[quote]randman wrote:
Can anyone tell me the side effects of masturbation?[/quote]

Hairy palms and melted eyeballs. True story.
I’m finiding it hard to type with just one eye and hair covering the keyboard.

[quote]mephistopheles wrote:
Come on ,do some reading. Those side effects are well know, the doctors/scientists didn’t make it up. [/quote]

Well 'roid rage is pretty much entirely made up.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
mephistopheles wrote:
Come on ,do some reading. Those side effects are well know, the doctors/scientists didn’t make it up.

Well 'roid rage is pretty much entirely made up.[/quote]

And while the term ‘roid rage’ is really annoying - this statement is rubbish. High Androgen levels are PROVEN to increase aggression in some men… and not a tiny minority either.

I don’t think so. Roid rage is real. I have seen my share of young pricks with placebo “roid rage”. They think they are “on” and suppose to be super aggressive, so they act like it.
There is no denying that heavy androgenic compound will increase aggressiveness in some people.

And if those people took enough of it, and cross the line between anger and rage, than wouldn’t that be roid rage? aye?
Bottom line, roid MAY promote uncontrolable anger.

A AAS user was yelling and grunting in the gym, throwing weights around, and making a lot of noise in general. Other people politely commented on his behaviour, and he exploded with a steady flow of expletives from his mouth and mentioned something about the other guys mother.

Another guy smashed him with a ez curl bar, decapacitated the man immediately, causing moderate injury. 2 counts of roid rage right there, made front page on the next morning newspaper.

Let’s formulate a nice strength stack

75mg trenbolon acetate ED
100mg Test suspension ED
20mg halo or 50mg methyltest pre-training

I don’t think this cycle is going make you nice and calm like Nubain.

[quote]randman wrote:
Can anyone tell me the side effects of masturbation?[/quote]

Sticky fingers

What is your experience and what do you believe?

I for one personally know for a fact that a higher than physiologic (if that is a real term!) Androgen level can induce aggressive tendencies.
This is clearly not going to be across the board in a dose dependant manner - as with all psych things, it is individual as can be.

I hear what you are saying about studies though - in fact, for every study on psychological effects of AAS there is a study countering it - with each being somehow biased!

It would be naive to blindly follow studies such as these - as more often than not, they are funded by a company who are paying for certain results. That said, in this case i know it to be true - if in no other way that cross-referencing my experiences with the known effects of androgens in general and the likely-hood of it ‘just being me’ - but you are right… it cannot be purely attributed to findings in abstracts online.

Brook

It’s like saying “we can’t prove that OJ killed his wife” lol
Yes sure, it doen’t mean that it is not true (or half-true).

I agree :slight_smile:

[quote]mephistopheles wrote:
I don’t think so. Roid rage is real. I have seen my share of young pricks with placebo “roid rage”. They think they are “on” and suppose to be super aggressive, so they act like it.
There is no denying that heavy androgenic compound will increase aggressiveness in some people.

And if those people took enough of it, and cross the line between anger and rage, than wouldn’t that be roid rage? aye?
Bottom line, roid MAY promote uncontrolable anger.

A AAS user was yelling and grunting in the gym, throwing weights around, and making a lot of noise in general. Other people politely commented on his behaviour, and he exploded with a steady flow of expletives from his mouth and mentioned something about the other guys mother.

Another guy smashed him with a ez curl bar, decapacitated the man immediately, causing moderate injury. 2 counts of roid rage right there, made front page on the next morning newspaper.

Let’s formulate a nice strength stack

75mg trenbolon acetate ED
100mg Test suspension ED
20mg halo or 50mg methyltest pre-training

I don’t think this cycle is going make you nice and calm like Nubain. [/quote]

Minus the tren, this is what I’m on currently. Make the halo ED though.

I can only speak for myself, but I get nothing even remotely similar to “roid rage”. I think there’s some truth to the idea that if you’re an asshat to begin with, you’ll be a bigger asshat on teh steeroids while you get hyyyyyuuuuuuuge!

That being said, I am able to call on some extra intensity in the gym. Couldn’t even begin to speculate on the mechanism, and I will readily admit it could be placebo effect.

So on TNE and Halo and your increased aggression (shown through an increased drive to lift) in the gym is a placebo effect? Possibly, but i find androgens to be relatively subtle in their effects - their effects can be massive but they feel natural, subtle, all you.

This is what gets me. If you are aggressive that means you are an arsehole (or asshat?). Sure… being overly aggressive in situations that require no aggression whatsoever would make most arseholes. However, aggression is IMO not just a negative act of intimidation or violence… it is the same ‘intensity’ you speak of while lifting - but applied across the board.

What you call intensity, or what many others call increased self confidence, is attributed to increased aggression. Aggression makes it possible to stand for what you believe in, to do things that are hard (like in your case the extra 10lbs in the DL maybe) or for getting something you want or need.

It can also be MIS-used to bully, to beat or to take without asking - or other negative acts such as these. I realise that whenever the word ‘aggression’ is used these are the kind of things that come to mind.
Not if you truly understand the meaning of the word and what the motivations for aggression are - IMO.

It boils down (again) to morals and personality - you are right in that if you are an arsehole, then increases in aggressive tendancies will lead to you using that drive (and type of enhanced ability) for negative things - beating women, bullying etc… this is common and where the phrase ‘roid rage comes from’ IMO.

But if you are a fairly balanced person, but with strong morals that you voice - and maybe a little aggressive by nature (like myself) this increase in aggression will be used to fight for what you believe in (and maybe the odd punishment :wink: ) even more… etc.

There are also those who are extremely laid back and just let life do as it does… they too have increases in this aggression but it is much less obvious as they by nature are less ‘in your face’ as those mentioned above.
They will likely simply seem a little more assertive and confident.

This is what i strongly believe at least :wink:

OK…

I buy that. I don’t think its THAT different from what I said. Perhaps it is more precise through elaboration.

:slight_smile:

So… what he said…

[quote] Brook wrote:
So on TNE and Halo and your increased aggression (shown through an increased drive to lift) in the gym is a placebo effect? Possibly, but i find androgens to be relatively subtle in their effects - their effects can be massive but they feel natural, subtle, all you.

This is what gets me. If you are aggressive that means you are an arsehole (or asshat?). Sure… being overly aggressive in situations that require no aggression whatsoever would make most arseholes. However, aggression is IMO not just a negative act of intimidation or violence… it is the same ‘intensity’ you speak of while lifting - but applied across the board.

What you call intensity, or what many others call increased self confidence, is attributed to increased aggression. Aggression makes it possible to stand for what you believe in, to do things that are hard (like in your case the extra 10lbs in the DL maybe) or for getting something you want or need.

It can also be MIS-used to bully, to beat or to take without asking - or other negative acts such as these. I realise that whenever the word ‘aggression’ is used these are the kind of things that come to mind.
Not if you truly understand the meaning of the word and what the motivations for aggression are - IMO.

It boils down (again) to morals and personality - you are right in that if you are an arsehole, then increases in aggressive tendancies will lead to you using that drive (and type of enhanced ability) for negative things - beating women, bullying etc… this is common and where the phrase ‘roid rage comes from’ IMO.

But if you are a fairly balanced person, but with strong morals that you voice - and maybe a little aggressive by nature (like myself) this increase in aggression will be used to fight for what you believe in (and maybe the odd punishment :wink: ) even more… etc.

There are also those who are extremely laid back and just let life do as it does… they too have increases in this aggression but it is much less obvious as they by nature are less ‘in your face’ as those mentioned above.
They will likely simply seem a little more assertive and confident.

This is what i strongly believe at least :wink:

[/quote]

great post i agree completely. I have used these drugs for 25 years and i am about the nicest guy you will ever meet even when on, but to say there is no increase in aggression is false, its just in how you control the manifestation of the aggression. very good post Brook