T Nation

Side Effects for 300mg Cyp a Week?

I’m 43 years old. ex-football player, 6’-3", 290. T level was around 200.

Doctor will prescribe 300mg every other week, but everything I’ve heard is that is too long to go between. I have a friend who can get me cyp, so for the last 3 weeks, I’ve been doing my own injection in the week between doctor visits with outstanding results. Two questions:

What would be a good estimate of what my level will be doing 300mg a week?

Do I need to worry about raised estrogen levels at that dosage?

300 mg/week is too much for TRT. It is a steroid cycle, except that you are always “on”. Even the guys who do AAS limit their use (if they are smart) for health reasons.

You should worry about high hematocrit, high red blood count (thick blood) leading to cardiovascular problems, cardiomegaly (enlarged heart - not a good thing - happens already at 200 mg/week according to one study I saw), hypertension, fluid retention and bloat, high estrogen and/or side effects of the aromatase inhibitors you will need to reduce estrogen, possible see-saws ups/downs in mood and libido if you do take AIs, possible eventual shutdown of libido and problems with sexual performance when on these doses long term (optimal libido long term usually happens at lower levels of T), and hair loss if you are prone.

It is better to inject at least weekly, but then the dose should be around 80-120 mg for most guys. Remember, due to the long half life, you still have a good amount of the drug from the previous week left in your body, so with weekly injections the dose should be less.

79 - read the stickies, there is a lot of info there

Nothing wrong with cip everyother week, it’s what my doc gives me ( 250 EOW ) i do my own shot at home on off weeks, but my goals may differ from yours, when I take it EOW I don’t feel any kind of crash, cip lasts pretty long. As far as estrogen levels it shouldn’t matter on Hrt, others may no more on that and blood work, my doc writes the script and I take the bottle home, and my buddy gets same script and does’nt use so I’m running 250 a week, love it so does my wife, think she’d pay for it if I asked her, lol, I don’t get alot of gym type gains from 250 a week, but it only takes a warm breeze to have me standing at attention,

I’ve been on this for a few years now, and I used to do a 1000 a week blast a couple times a year for 10 weeks or so, than just drop back to the 250 EOW, but now I find it better to just stay at 250 a week year round, it’s easier on my body as I get older, and I don’t care as much about being huge at 40, I’m more woried about my health now days, I’ve been getting 250 EOW from doc for about 5yrs, and I’ve monkeyed around with the dose over the years, so if you have any direct questions go ahead I’d be happy to help, i don’t get alot of blood work, i get HRT because of other medication I,m on so they asume my test is low, mabey I just have a good doc, anyway goodluck.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Good info. I will read the stickies. Maybe 300 EOW is enough.

ATJ: Bull shit. Blind leading the blind.

[quote]KSman wrote:
ATJ: Bull shit. Blind leading the blind.[/quote]

^this

stevec79,

Guess you are new here? Welcome!

I’m not going to be able to site research studies for you but I will say pinning every 14 days made me a yoyo! After about the 11th day I was draggin ass. I bet if you split your dose and went once a week you would be better off.

You are one big dude, unless that 290 lbs is ripped, you may be holding some fat around the middle…maybe a little? If that’s the case, cardio it out of there. From what I heard, estrogen’s best friend if a spare tire. You won’t be happy when the little guy doesn’t rise to the occasion.

On last thing if you are new, KSman expects you to do some research here, reading the stickies and such. As you can see, he’s not big on sugar-coating but if you can get through the “Tough Love” he can be of great help.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:
stevec79,

Guess you are new here? Welcome!

You are one big dude, unless that 290 lbs is ripped, you may be holding some fat around the middle…maybe a little? If that’s the case, cardio it out of there. From what I heard, estrogen’s best friend if a spare tire. You won’t be happy when the little guy doesn’t rise to the occasion.

[/quote]

Yeah, I can stand to lose 30. I have the frame where I would look skinny at 260. Currently, I my upper body looks great. Chest is way more defined and less flabby, shoulders and arms are really big with more definition than I’ve had in my life. Stomach doesn’t look as good as I would like. I just really need to clean up my diet. My appetite is massive, as you can imagine.

When you say, “Cardio is out of there”, what do you mean? You mean, do it, or dont? I’m thinking I really need to incorporate it in for my heart, if anything, but time is hard for me, because I work full time, and I’m s single full time dad of 3.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I’m catching up on the stickies.

[/quote]

When you say, “Cardio is out of there”, what do you mean? You mean, do it, or dont? I’m thinking I really need to incorporate it in for my heart, if anything, but time is hard for me, because I work full time, and I’m s single full time dad of 3.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I’m catching up on the stickies.[/quote]

Add some training for your heart. I’m not going to kid ya, it sucks. Four years ago I decided I needed to do some work for my over-all health. Not to blow my own horn but I was never ashamed to take my shirt off. Far from stacked but better than most. I decided to get on my wifes treadmill and jog for 10 min; good start right? After 3 minutes I was dying! I pushed it to 5 minutes figuring there was more honor in dying of a heart attack after 5 minutes then living and only doing 3!

Since that time, I have run a few 5k’s and last week completed my first 10k (6.2 miles). I’m not your weight but hold around 205-210. Now the drawback; my squat toOK a hit, I was committed to this race so there was no stopping it and I had to cut out my squats for 4 weeks. The whole deal cost me about 100 lbs off my squat!

Now here’s the take-away for you. Start with some light walking that gets your breath going. You can burn almost the same calories by walking a mile as you do running one; it’s just easier on our old joints.

God bless you with 3 kids; I have 4 boys and my wife is a great mother. Be a role-model to them in the gym, its a gift they will use their entire life.