T Nation

Side Effects During a Light Cycle

Hey all, quick question about something I want to start up soon. It's not really a cycle (which is why it's in quotes in the subject) and it's more for optimizing natural levels to help with growth instead of tanking them with exogenous stuff.

Basically, I want to optimize hormone levels by taking Clomid with Aromasin. My question is, is there any concern with erectile dysfunction here? Just finished with an EC stack and couldn't have sex because I couldn't keep hard enough and it was TERRIBLE. Honestly, if it's a possibility I'll just pass on the Clomid and Aromasin haha.

Thanks for the help guys

[quote]JWM70 wrote:
Hey all, quick question about something I want to start up soon. It’s not really a cycle (which is why it’s in quotes in the subject) and it’s more for optimizing natural levels to help with growth instead of tanking them with exogenous stuff.

Basically, I want to optimize hormone levels by taking Clomid with Aromasin. My question is, is there any concern with erectile dysfunction here? Just finished with an EC stack and couldn’t have sex because I couldn’t keep hard enough and it was TERRIBLE. Honestly, if it’s a possibility I’ll just pass on the Clomid and Aromasin haha.

Thanks for the help guys[/quote]

Sounds like a bad idea to me. Just run some peptides or something or stick with stuff you can get at your local supplement shop

[quote]JWM70 wrote:
Hey all, quick question about something I want to start up soon. It’s not really a cycle (which is why it’s in quotes in the subject) and it’s more for optimizing natural levels to help with growth instead of tanking them with exogenous stuff.

Basically, I want to optimize hormone levels by taking Clomid with Aromasin. My question is, is there any concern with erectile dysfunction here? Just finished with an EC stack and couldn’t have sex because I couldn’t keep hard enough and it was TERRIBLE. Honestly, if it’s a possibility I’ll just pass on the Clomid and Aromasin haha.

Thanks for the help guys[/quote]

well, if you take too much, you could have issues.

i wouldn’t take over 25 mg of clomid, and i’d base the aromasin off your E2 levels… do you have current bloodwork on that?

FWIW, i’m taking clomid (25 mg) and a-dex (.1 mg/day) right now, and it’s not too impressive, at least 1 1/2 weeks in…

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
Sounds like a bad idea to me. Just run some peptides or something or stick with stuff you can get at your local supplement shop
[/quote]

Really? What makes you say that? Figured this would be a good way for a slight test boost and normalizing estrogen.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

i wouldn’t take over 25 mg of clomid, and i’d base the aromasin off your E2 levels… do you have current bloodwork on that?

FWIW, i’m taking clomid (25 mg) and a-dex (.1 mg/day) right now, and it’s not too impressive, at least 1 1/2 weeks in…
[/quote]

Just 25mg? I thought a good, albeit low, starting dose would be 50 mg of clomid?
Don’t have recent blood work on E2, but feel like it’s running high based on how I’ve been feeling (and other things) which is why I’d like help normalizing it. I figured I’d do 12.5 mg ED of the aromasin. Thoughts?

[quote]JWM70 wrote:

[/quote]

Really? What makes you say that? Figured this would be a good way for a slight test boost and normalizing estrogen.

[/quote]

Just 25mg? I thought a good, albeit low, starting dose would be 50 mg of clomid?
Don’t have recent blood work on E2, but feel like it’s running high based on how I’ve been feeling (and other things) which is why I’d like help normalizing it. I figured I’d do 12.5 mg ED of the aromasin. Thoughts?[/quote]

clinically, 25 mg is the common dose. “bro-science” suggests larger doses, but that also seems to have a direct relationship with increased side effects. i’d suggest reading about people using clomid in lieu of TRT, and you’ll see that most suggest 25, or even 12.5 mg.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...pubmed/16422830

http://www.scielo.br/...n4/a11v38n4.pdf

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/...11.10702.x/full

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/...12.10968.x/full

http://www.eje-online.org/.../161/1/163.full

as far as the aromasin, since it’s faster acting than over AI’s, you can adjust the dose faster if there’s an issue…

make sure you take it with a meal, and in the evening, as some people get drowsy from it.

clomid is going to raise your E2, so i suspect 12.5 mg/day would be a decent dose for controlling that…

(i’m currently running the a-dex low (.1 mg/day), but my E2 is only 25, although my testosterone is 285-ish. i’m gonna get bloodwork in 3-4 weeks, and will adjust as needed… )

Awesome, thanks for the help man. So I’ll go with 25 mg of Clomid with 12.5 mg of Aromasin ED. Clomid will be a nice, slight boost in test, and the aromasin will prevent the clomid from raising E2 levels, and help with any preexisting issues, right?

And with those dosages, I won’t experience anything like erectile dysfunction right? I’m done with that, I can’t take anything that might do that

[quote]JWM70 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don’t have recent blood work on E2, but feel like it’s running high based on how I’ve been feeling (and other things) which is why I’d like help normalizing it. I figured I’d do 12.5 mg ED of the aromasin. Thoughts?[/quote]

The slight boost you get would be marginal imo. But i have not actually tried this. But i guess any boost is better than none.

So, without asking about efficiency or dosages or anything else, if I do 25 mg of Clomid and 12.5 mg of Aromasin ED I won’t get any sexual side effects? I’m extremely tired of not being able to get it up

So, forgetting about dosages and efficiency, if I do 25 mg of Clomid and 12.5 mg of Aromasin, I won’t get any sexual side effects? I’m extraordinarily tired of the inability to get an erection

[quote]JWM70 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

The slight boost you get would be marginal imo. But i have not actually tried this. But i guess any boost is better than none.
[/quote]

yeah, it definitely depends on the starting test levels…

there’s quite a bit of data showing people doubling their testosterone levels with that low dose of clomid, but they were also low to begin with (going from 300 to 600, for instance).

[quote]JWM70 wrote:
So, forgetting about dosages and efficiency, if I do 25 mg of Clomid and 12.5 mg of Aromasin, I won’t get any sexual side effects? I’m extraordinarily tired of the inability to get an erection[/quote]

i doubt you will have issues with that, but i also don’t know anybody that had issues with ECA, either.

if your E2 is too high or too low it can cause sexual side effects, so it would be in your best interest to have a baseline of test, E2, etc prior to starting this…

So you kinda want to do it, right? Messing up with your E2 and playing with sides from clomid just for some little boost, sounds like a bad idea, but, it is your choice. Do some research about proviron, if you are already having problem with your erection and could know (exam) whats yours testosterone like (high, middle or low), proviron could bost your testosterone if you are in low or middle…

But still sounds like a bad idea. If you want to do something, do it the right way, don’t kinda do it…