Sick of Protein

I just find that I have lost my taste and craving for most proteins and even powders.

Do you ever go through periods sick of chewing flesh, and downing protein powders?

Dont come back with how are you cooking your proteins because I put alott of time into preparation. Roasted olive garlic chicken, Lamb meat loaf, Buffalo chili. I dont eat plain broiled chicken.

Even protein powders just start to feel nasty after awhile.

A couple times a week I have been just eating what im craving, increasing fruits vegetables salads and green juices over proportion to amount of proein eatin. I have to say there is a difference. In live foods versus cooked flesh and how it effects your body.

I feel like when I never give my digestion a rest energy is always churning out breaking down protein.

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
I just find that I have lost my taste and craving for most proteins and even powders.

Do you ever go through periods sick of chewing flesh, and downing protein powders?

Dont come back with how are you cooking your proteins because I put alott of time into preparation. Roasted olive garlic chicken, Lamb meat loaf, Buffalo chili. I dont eat plain broiled chicken.

Even protein powders just start to feel nasty after awhile.

A couple times a week I have been just eating what im craving, increasing fruits vegetables salads and green juices over proportion to amount of proein eatin. I have to say there is a difference. In live foods versus cooked flesh and how it effects your body.

I feel like when I never give my digestion a rest energy is always churning out breaking down protein. [/quote]
Yeah, it happens to me sometimes. What happens is, I don’t feel like eating protein at every feeding. When this feeling hits me (maybe every couple of months) I’ll make a 60 gram shake for breakfast, try to have a good number of grams of protein post workout, and then more protein at dinner.

But, my normal schedule would have me popping open canned chicken or tuna, having random shakes, and grilling chicken and beef at seemingly “non-meal times.”

BLASPHEMY!!!

I’ll admit I get an occasional craving for carbs, sometimes starchy and sometimes sugary. But no, I’ve never looked at a big, juicy steak and thought… “No thanks, I’d rather have a twinkie”.

Crap… Now I want a big, juicy steak… and a twinkie!

I’ve experienced this on occasion. I normally just go with it and cut back on the protein intake for three or four days, and by the end of that time I am craving protein again. I don’t think a few “low-protein” days is gonna harm anyone’s progress in the long term, assuming of course it’s only an occasional thing.

I experience this when I cut my fruit intake, for some reason this makes me feel that way at the thought of protein, but once I picture that protein with say a juicy apple or some pineapple to wash it down it suddenly seems far more appealing.

One thing though I must confess to being a total fruit addict its the thing I crave all the time, so give it a try increase the fruit intake and I;m sure the feeling will wain,

ShadoW

try supplementing more vitamins and fiber. there is something your body is not getting, and it is signaling you to eat foods that will give it what ever it is.

see what your diet may be lacking nutritionally when you compare your food consumption to the food guide pyramid.

though the pyramid isn’t ideal for body building diets, it is spectacular for general nutrition needs. doctors are pretty smart cookies after all.

see if you can supplement what you are missing without adding lots of carbs.

maybe then your body will quit craving the foods you don’t want to eat.

it works for me. i can’t say i ever get tired of meat, but some times i have an irrational urge for a bowl of fruits that is almost like an alcoholic craving.

if i take a vitamin, it usually subsides.

Yes, it’s called protein burnout. I go through is about every four to six months. Since I’m on a low-carbs diet, I’m just upping my fat intake.

If I were eating more carbs, I’d just up my intake of apples and berries. Going two weeks without a super high protein intake will not be detrimental. It might even be helpful.

Listen to your body. Your body is signaling to you that it’s having trouble dealing with the protein you’re ingesting. Give it a couple of weeks to deal with the problem.

Just make sure you’re eating enough calories. If you aren’t eating enough, you will lose muscle. If you are eating enough, you’ll be more than fine.

Pretty normal.

Just eat less protein for a week or so. If that happens to be the week when you’re scaling back the intensity (for recovery purposes) then that’s even better.

Heck, if it’s really bad, take a week off altogether, eat whatever you want, don’t exercise or do something totally different. You’re not a robot, you can’t expect to function like a mechanism.

I used to have that feeling at times as well. Sick of all the protein, even questioning the need to eat as much as we weight lifterss do. I’m a carb addict. I’m in the 25% that need them.

Lately, the opposite has happened. I actually crave protein and fat, and get sick of carbs… Weird, it’s the fisrt time it’s happened to me, it’s like I have a metabolic shift.

The question I’ve often asked myself is what is best: eating tons of protein year round, or cycling weeks of very high intake with others of “normal” portions?

I know the feeling.

I was following the Anabolic Diet very strictly for several months.

I lost about 30 pounds but I was feeling lethargic, my workouts were suffering and I was getting bad “bacne” on my shoulders.

I recently switched to the Paleo Diet + whey powder. and I feel great.(High amounts of lean Protein + unlimited fruits and veggies, NO GRAIN, NO DAIRY, NO LEGUMES, NO POTATOE/YAM)

My energy is up and workouts are better. I lost 5 pounds and my wife says my arms are bigger. Skin is clearer.

I think any diet that throws out, carrots, apples, and citrus is misguided.

Does anyone ever really get fat from eating apples, oranges or bananas?

My workouts are heavier and more intense

go buy Berardis Gourmet Nutrition, loads of great recipes in there to reawaken you taste buds

the taste of chicken breast and tuna…

jesus i hate it, Problem with me is… I often find time, but lack of creativity… Gotta keep more creativity and then should taste bettter.

Im a protein junkie :frowning:

rehabbed Carboholic.