Sick of NO

I started DeFranco’s WS4SB earlier this month and I like the program so far. Since I began working out seriously about a year ago, I’ve mostly used NO products(No Xplode) with protein. They were good at first because they made it easier to go to the gym, but now I’m at the stage where I don’t need the additional motivation anymore.

NO is expensive as hell and I don’t see the long-term benefits from dumping all of my money into it. I was thinking about trying out Universal Animal M-Stack, but my friend just stopped taking it when his testicle became really sore about 2/3rd’s of the way through the cycle. (Ouch)
I’m a fairly weak and skinny 6’2", 165 lbs, with about 14% bodyfat.

I have a small bone structure and it’s hard for me to keep on weight even when I eat a ton. My goals, obviously, are to add muscle and become stronger. Right now I take a multivitamin, Grow!, Cytogainer(post-workout), and fish oil. I’ve researched supplements, but its hard to tell what really works. Any advice would be much appreciated, I don’t want to waste more money on a product with good advertising. Thanks for the help.

I’m going to be the first in a long line of people that are about to tell you that supplements do not matter unless you have your nutrition and training in check. Work on keeping compliance to nutrition program. It sounds like you just want to buy bottles of cool looking pills and powders, which is normal, everyone likes to buy things that they think might help them.

But really, don’t waste your money. Stop buying NO products (they are crap) don’t worry about ‘stacks’ or any of that shit. Just slow down, eat enough clean food for your body to get bigger and stronger, and lift alot of heavy stuff. You will progress.

Slowly…but…surely.

thats why they are called supplements…to supplement your daily nutrition. Eat 6 times a day, protien before bed is a must as thats your healing/growing time. Eat well rounded meals and stay away from fast food. Nutrition is 80% of the game. You gotta eat. You want to weigh 200lbs…you gotta eat like a 200lb person would. Figure out how many calories you need and go from there.

Im going to be the third person in a long line of people that are about to tell you that supplements do not matter unless you have your nutrition and training in check.

My nutrition isn’t the best but it’s not terrible. I eat 6-7 times a day with about 125-200 grams of protein per day. The only things I drink are water, coffee, and beer. I have slowly been trying to up my calories to put on weight but its tough to control. I do have some counterproductive meals(mostly pizza) but not more than twice a week.

I’ve read about so many different supplements over the last few months my heads spinning. I think I’m just gonna keep it simple and clean up my diet while adding creatine.

[quote]Barrow86 wrote:
I have slowly been trying to up my calories to put on weight but its tough to control. I do have some counterproductive meals(mostly pizza) but not more than twice a week. [/quote]

That’s a contradiction.

How is pizza counterproductive if you’re struggling to increase your caloric intake?

If you struggle to hold weight, an occasional cheat meal (or even not so occasional) may be the best thing for you. Hell, try drinking some calories (shakes with calorie-dense ingredients) to get more in.

What do you guys think about adding in Beta-Alanine?

Every time you think of writing a post asking which supplement to take, eat a steak. You will be big in no time.

You really want to add some muscle, read this site religiously. Don’t waste a ton of times on the forums other than for questions you cant find USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Stop wasting your money on NO products and once again use the search function to see why. I use to be like you in the fact that I thought NO was a could be wonder drug but in fact its a placebo effect. The amount of NO you need to consume in order to get said effects is an absurd amount even in “super omg wtf concentrated” forms.

Check your eating/training/sleeping. There isnt a more powerful combination than those three. Eat your protein.

You guys are right I’m gonna stop worrying about supplements and focus on the more important aspects of weightlifting. Thanks for all the helpful advice.