T Nation

Sick of Being Called Fluffy...

Yeah, I said fluffy. Since I was little I've been the butt end of every joke. I've heard them all. I'm 5'10 290lbs,I have a body type like Phil Margera from viva LA bam...I don't want side Boobs anymore. I've always kept Brock Lesnar as a goal for who I'd want to look like bodywise. It's a huge difference from what I look like now I know but I really want to shut some people up. What I'd like to know is if anyone started out like me, and what did you do to reach your goals.

[quote]Bigmurph88 wrote:
Yeah, I said fluffy. Since I was little I’ve been the butt end of every joke. I’ve heard them all. I’m 5’10 290lbs,I have a body type like Phil Margera from viva LA bam…I don’t want side Boobs anymore. I’ve always kept Brock Lesnar as a goal for who I’d want to look like bodywise. It’s a huge difference from what I look like now I know but I really want to shut some people up. What I’d like to know is if anyone started out like me, and what did you do to reach your goals. [/quote]

I’m going to be blunt and keep things simple. Because it really, truly is very simple to change your body composition (ratio of fat to muscle).

You’re overweight because you eat too much. Your body will burn X amount of calories throughout the day. If you eat more than this, you will gain fat. If you eat less, you will burn fat. If you are new to lifting weights, while eating less than X, you will build some muscle.

Find out what X is. Eat 500-1k less than that. Be disciplined. That takes care of burning fat.

Find a lifting program, it really seriously does not matter what, just something that focuses on lifting weights, and stick to it. That takes care of building muscle.

Come back in 6 months detailing your progress. Be disciplined.

Changing your diet to include more meat, veggies, nuts and fruits instead of processed foods will help. If it’s hard to stay disciplined, make a gradual change over time. If one week you happen to add weight instead of losing weight, make changes and stick to the plan. Sometimes you may not makes as much progress or gain weight but always get back on track and don’t lose sight of the big picture. Keep track of weekly weigh-ins to record progress. To keep that weight off, it’ll eventually become a lifestyle change. Motivation plays a big role and progress will help to keep you motivated.

Lifting weights is a good way to build muscle but don’t limit yourself to just weights for physical activity. Add more cardio/conditioning work if you need to burn more calories. You can also eat less but it’s up to you to find the balance between diet and training. If you have any health problems, talk to your doc.

There are plenty of good articles on this site on nutrition. Have a look under the Articles section and you’ll find them.

A good place to start on improving your food choices is to cut out sugary foods and drinks. Just by doing that alone will see you drop a few kilos immediately. It’s all about reducing your calories. Food that doesn’t have much nutritional value should be the first to get the chop.
It will take time but with new lifestyle and food choices you will start to get a new and improved body. You’ll also feel a lot better and be in much better health.
Get started straight away. Good luck with it pal.

Read this and pretty much any 10 articles on diet /fatloss training on this site…
https://www.T-Nation.com/training/5-new-strategies-for-fat-loss