Sick During 5/3/1, Deload or Redo?

I was hoping I could get some advise,

I’ve been working the 5/3/1 routine and I’m about done with my second cycle. Well this week was the 5/3/1(plus) week and i was sick the weekend before. All of my lifts suffered from recovering after being sick, and I made no Rep Max gains, they actually decreased.

My question is, should I redo this weeks lifts, next week, or so should I carry on with the dead load week, and just hit it even harder the following cycle?

[quote]billingslm1 wrote:
I was hoping I could get some advise,

I’ve been working the 5/3/1 routine and I’m about done with my second cycle. Well this week was the 5/3/1(plus) week and i was sick the weekend before. All of my lifts suffered from recovering after being sick, and I made no Rep Max gains, they actually decreased.

My question is, should I redo this weeks lifts, next week, or so should I carry on with the dead load week, and just hit it even harder the following cycle?[/quote]

So, you hit all the prescribed numbers, but didn’t hit a PR?

Keep going. You aren’t going to get a PR every week.

Yea i hit the prescribed numbers.

The calculated one rep max dropped to my one rep max when I first started the program.

[quote]billingslm1 wrote:
Yea i hit the prescribed numbers.

The calculated one rep max dropped to my one rep max when I first started the program.

[/quote]

As long as you are getting at least the minimum, move on. Smash the next cycle when you are feeling better.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Off week…dont live and die by your calculated 1 RM…hit it when you can, but dont let it consume you…deload this week, add weights as prescribed, then come back and smash your next cycle

Move on. Everyone has bad weeks.

you could just repeat the cycle with the same weights if you dont feel like you can hit the reps with more weight but it sounds like your getting the reps for this weeks, so i dont see the problem