Sick Bar Speed (video)

Here’s german/ukrainian lifter and I think european juniors champion Jewgenij Kondraschow Speedbenching:
154lbs + ~66lbs bands

http://www.kondraschow.de/meloch/100kg_70plus30gummi.3gp

HAX! OMG.

Holy shit!

i know this guy, not personally, but from german powerlifting forums, I am just curious why he does so many reps??

what kind of file is that?

I can’t get any placer of mine to play it.

any tips on how i could get it to play?
thanks

Quick Time player.

[quote]GermanPower wrote:
i know this guy, not personally, but from german powerlifting forums, I am just curious why he does so many reps??[/quote]

Because it’s too light.

-Dan

Am I the only person that thinks that just looks pretty silly?

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Am I the only person that thinks that just looks pretty silly?[/quote]

I laughed at it because of the sheer speed of it.

He can bench faster than me (and maybe most people on this forum) without using any resistance.

Crazy.

It’s probably 20-30% of his max, which is where the most power production occurs. Sometimes called “ballistic” bench press. Not the Westside style dynamic effort.

ok, he’s quicker than me.

But I don’t use half ROM either.

He’s also a quite strong raw bencher(418lbs for 10reps):

http://www.kondraschow.de/video/Jewgenij_Kondraschow_bp_190x10.wmv

Think the Video is older, don’t know what he can do today.
He did 825-605-770=2200 in competition as a junior and claims to be alltime natural(I believe him as far as I know him and people that know him better… especially as he gets mad on the forums about drugged users normally)

[quote]meddl wrote:
He’s also a quite strong raw bencher(418lbs for 10reps):

http://www.kondraschow.de/video/Jewgenij_Kondraschow_bp_190x10.wmv

Think the Video is older, don’t know what he can do today.
He did 825-605-770=2200 in competition as a junior and claims to be alltime natural(I believe him as far as I know him and people that know him better… especially as he gets mad on the forums about drugged users normally)[/quote]

ouch

[quote]BCpowder wrote:
It’s probably 20-30% of his max, which is where the most power production occurs. Sometimes called “ballistic” bench press. Not the Westside style dynamic effort.[/quote]

id guess he’s warming up to a redular DE workout (45-55%1rm).

Watching that video makes my shoulders hurt

[quote]BCpowder wrote:
It’s probably 20-30% of his max, which is where the most power production occurs. Sometimes called “ballistic” bench press. Not the Westside style dynamic effort.[/quote]

Maximum power production doesn’t occur at 20-30% all the time for all people. The range for max power production is actually 30%-70%.

-Dan

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
BCpowder wrote:
It’s probably 20-30% of his max, which is where the most power production occurs. Sometimes called “ballistic” bench press. Not the Westside style dynamic effort.

Maximum power production doesn’t occur at 20-30% all the time for all people. The range for max power production is actually 30%-70%.

-Dan

[/quote]

I stand corrected.

he sent me an email back, he does this kind of light workout 6 times a week (chest), he squats twice a week extremely slow - repwise. I will post some infos in the next few days and see what is going on

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

But I don’t use half ROM either.[/quote]

I doubt most top benchers would bother locking out their reps if the weight is that light, the rep range is that high and most of all, if the bar speed is that high. Try locking out your elbows when their moving that fast and you’ll strain something, guaranteed.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

But I don’t use half ROM either.

I doubt most top benchers would bother locking out their reps if the weight is that light, the rep range is that high and most of all, if the bar speed is that high. Try locking out your elbows when their moving that fast and you’ll strain something, guaranteed.[/quote]

yes you can not lock out - forget about that