Sick Arch Video

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
If it’s legal, it’s fair game. Don’t penalize people for having better natural advantage.[/quote]

Seriously, otherwise you should make it that you can’t have a big gut and bench press. It’s cheating.[/quote]

Of course, if we do make big guts cheating, powerlifters will start getting sexier…

[quote]ethanwest wrote:
I’m totally going to do a pike when barbell rowing when I go into the gym today, and row the bar up 2 inches. It’ll be awesome.[/quote]

If barbell rowing were an event in a powerlifting competition, that comment might actually make sense.

I guess everyone who thinks this is cheating does not pull their shoulder blades together when they bench because that shortens the distance the bar has to travel.

I think it’s pretty awesome. Within the rules - more power to her. Let her dominate. Haterz gonna hate…

There are so many ways to cheat in this sport.

Decreasing the range of motion by taking advantage of your flexibility is just one of them.

You can also use drugs, multi-ply gear, cutting depth in the squat when you know the judges are dumbasses (which alot of them are), building extreme amounts of muscle at the superheavyweight class because YOU KNOW YOU CAN BE A 350-POUND FREAK AND GET AWAY WITH WEIGHT-CLASS RESTRICTIONS, getting fat just to gain leverage, dedicating your entire training for the sole purpose of CHEATING (such as overloading your triceps with rack-lockouts so that you can take full advantage of your bench shirt), choosing a certain powerlifting federation that has below-standard records so that you can easily break the records and call yourself a “world record holder” when in fact some female chinese weightlifters are squatting ASS-TO-GRASS what you are currently squatting OR MORE, and last but not the least, keeping yourself from doing a full powerlifting meet so that you can compete with your “specialty” and not do the two other lifts because you know you suck at them and will only give you a pathetic total whereas if you only compete with your “specialty” no one can beat you at it.

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

Decreasing the range of motion by taking advantage of your flexibility is just one of them.

You can also use drugs, multi-ply gear, cutting depth in the squat when you know the judges are dumbasses (which alot of them are), building extreme amounts of muscle at the superheavyweight class because YOU KNOW YOU CAN BE A 350-POUND FREAK AND GET AWAY WITH WEIGHT-CLASS RESTRICTIONS, getting fat just to gain leverage, dedicating your entire training for the sole purpose of CHEATING (such as overloading your triceps with rack-lockouts so that you can take full advantage of your bench shirt), choosing a certain powerlifting federation that has below-standard records so that you can easily break the records and call yourself a “world record holder” when in fact some female chinese weightlifters are squatting ASS-TO-GRASS what you are currently squatting OR MORE, and last but not the least, keeping yourself from doing a full powerlifting meet so that you can compete with your “specialty” and not do the two other lifts because you know you suck at them and will only give you a pathetic total whereas if you only compete with your “specialty” no one can beat you at it.[/quote]

We would really appreciate it if you would stop posting.

P.s. I thought you said that drugs were required to become elite? I don’t even know what you think/ stand for anymore. I dont even know what you think that you think anymore. Fuck off kid.

Just ignore him. He’s a ridiculously successful troll. I’m amazed at how people continue to respond to him after blatant provocation.

1 Like

[quote]GhostOD wrote:

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

You can also use drugs, multi-ply gear, cutting depth in the squat when you know the judges are dumbasses (which alot of them are), building extreme amounts of muscle at the superheavyweight class because YOU KNOW YOU CAN BE A 350-POUND FREAK AND GET AWAY WITH WEIGHT-CLASS RESTRICTIONS, getting fat just to gain leverage, dedicating your entire training for the sole purpose of CHEATING (such as overloading your triceps with rack-lockouts so that you can take full advantage of your bench shirt), choosing a certain powerlifting federation that has below-standard records so that you can easily break the records and call yourself a “world record holder” when in fact some female chinese weightlifters are squatting ASS-TO-GRASS what you are currently squatting OR MORE, and last but not the least, keeping yourself from doing a full powerlifting meet so that you can compete with your “specialty” and not do the two other lifts because you know you suck at them and will only give you a pathetic total whereas if you only compete with your “specialty” no one can beat you at it.[/quote]

P.s. I thought you said that drugs were required to become elite? I don’t even know what you think/ stand for anymore. I dont even know what you think that you think anymore. Fuck off kid.[/quote]

I just put him on my ignore list. It’s obvious this kid just wants i-attention and so far he’s done well to that end. I found the easiest way not to feed the troll is to ignore the troll.
The troll can’t tick you off and get your attention if you don’t know want the troll is saying.

I didn’t even know we HAD an ignore function.

Damn.

[quote]GhostOD wrote:
I didn’t even know we HAD an ignore function.

Damn.[/quote]

I would have told you but I’ve had you on ignore for a long time.

[quote]GhostOD wrote:

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

P.s. I thought you said that drugs were required to become elite? I don’t even know what you think/ stand for anymore. I dont even know what you think that you think anymore. Fuck off kid.[/quote]

Drugs are required to be elite if you are training for a real sport, like Olympic Weightlifting and REAL powerlifting like IPF and RAW federations that imposes PROPER SQUATTING DEPTH.

Donnie “The Fat Douche” Thompsonish powerlifting federations should just die out. It’ll only make the sport better.

Plus, it’s a shame to have a 500-pound ATG squat and a 800+ pound Thompsonish squat and call yourself elite. If 500 pounds is currently all you are capable of with REAL squatting, then so be it. But for God’s sakes, don’t be a fat douchebag like Mr. Thompson. That guy should have a heart attack. He deserves it for making powerlifting even worse than it already is.

[quote]Dave-P wrote:
Just ignore him. He’s a ridiculously successful troll. I’m amazed at how people continue to respond to him after blatant provocation.[/quote]

Ok, if you’re going to put a ‘lol’ picture up, at least put the right one up. It’s just trolling 101

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

[quote]GhostOD wrote:

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

Drugs are required to be elite if you are training for a real sport, like Olympic Weightlifting and REAL powerlifting like IPF and RAW federations that imposes PROPER SQUATTING DEPTH.

Donnie “The Fat Douche” Thompsonish powerlifting federations should just die out. It’ll only make the sport better.

Plus, it’s a shame to have a 500-pound ATG squat and a 800+ pound Thompsonish squat and call yourself elite. If 500 pounds is currently all you are capable of with REAL squatting, then so be it. But for God’s sakes, don’t be a fat douchebag like Mr. Thompson. That guy should have a heart attack. He deserves it for making powerlifting even worse than it already is.[/quote]

Everybody stand back. I know what’s going wrong here. It’s all on this diagram.

Luke

?

i can still never understand the mindset to go to such extremes either with gear or how some lifters manipulate their technique to such extreme measures to put up bigger #s.

do these folks really find satisfaction or pride from a lift like that?

[quote]sumabeast wrote:
i can still never understand the mindset to go to such extremes either with gear or how some lifters manipulate their technique to such extreme measures to put up bigger #s.

do these folks really find satisfaction or pride from a lift like that?[/quote]

Well where the hell do you draw the line then? At what point is someone allowed to take pride in their lift?

That’s like saying an olympic lifter who front squats 500, but clean and jerks that same weight should not take pride in beating a guy who front squats 600 but clean and jerks 495. Technique is part of the damn sport, so why get butt hurt about it?

Look at dat ass in buckeye girl’s avatar, guys. Holy fuck.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

[quote]sumabeast wrote:

do these folks really find satisfaction or pride from a lift like that?[/quote]

Well where the hell do you draw the line then? At what point is someone allowed to take pride in their lift?

That’s like saying an olympic lifter who front squats 500, but clean and jerks that same weight should not take pride in beating a guy who front squats 600 but clean and jerks 495. Technique is part of the damn sport, so why get butt hurt about it?[/quote]

Exactly. Much of the sport, or any sport for that matter, is the mental aspect of refining technique. I spend a lot of my time examining the mechanics of how I perform a lift so that I can execute it in a manner that allows me to move more weight.

Should we only have pride in lifts that are pure brute strength with no thought to technique? That would be kind of dumb.

2 words

HOLY SHIT

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

Every post I read of yours makes my head bleed, and gives me a headache.

I think somewhere you missed the “if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.”

Every post you make is whining and crying.

This is supposed to be fun.

I did Olympic Style for a year or so and have the utmost respect for those lifters. Just a different style, and I found out its a young guys sport. WOW, did my knees hurt all the time.