T Nation

Sick and Tired, Losing Motivation

My name is Tyler. These past 2 1/2 months i’ve started a diet that put me from 165lbs, down to 144lbs (5"9 15 years old). Im happy i lost the weight, but it seems all for nothing since whenever i sit down i have 2 huge rolls of fat. I really want to get into bodybuilding and getting muscular, but this all seems so overwhelming. I dont know where to start. Everybody contradicts everybody else, i dont know whats real or fake anymore. Some people say “take this before and after your workout for amazing muscle gains and fat losses”, others say “dont eat anything pre and post workout, as this will spike insulin and put your body into a fat storing mode”.

I am just getting so sick and tired of having so much fat on my stomach and chest. I am sick of having to eat bland boring food with no flavor. I am worried about creating bad posture and looking like a freak. I am sick of being so tired and weak all the time. I feel like im going to pass out writing this. I just dont know what to do anymore. my workouts are poor due to lack of energy and strength, i have to end up working out on an empty stomach since im worried about eating and spiking my insulin. I just really really need help and motivation, a hand to pull me out of this 10 ft hole. What is okay and what is not okay? All i want, is like 8-9% body fat and those killer six pack abs. So my question is, how long will it take? What is okay to eat pre and post workouts and how long or when do i eat them?

Holy shitballs Tyler, calm down.

You’re in no position to worry about anything except:

1. Do Starting Strength (or look here: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one)
  2. Eat lots of food.
  3. Use the search box on this website.

Also, go check the sticky threads.

Not sure if a troll but…

First of all, don’t get your fucking fallopian tubes in a knot. Inhale, exhale, and relax.

Second, at 144lbs at 5’9’ I wouldn’t be worrying about having them “killer sex pack abs”. Put some mass onto your frame and you can worry about cutting up when you have some muscle. Remember, that a 6 pack is only impressive when its the centerpiece of a muscular physique. No one gives a shit about abs on a skinny kid.

Start eating. Lots. Make sure its good quality food with 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Personally, I have 1-2 solid meals before my workout. The last meal being about 1.5-2 hours before. I have whey+dextrose starting about 10 minutes before and lasting up to 45 minutes into my workout. I finish of my workout with another whey+dextrose shake. Then I eat a solid meal about 1.5 - 2 hours after that. Works for me.

As for your training, this site is full of great routines for beginners.

Tyler,

You are right. You found out very quickly the situation. What should you do? My advice is follow just one person. I have no personal experience with this link but it seems to be suitable for you:

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/38-articles/60-westside-for-skinny-bastards-part1.html

Regards
Darkocean

Where the fuck did he go? I hope he didn’t kill himself or stop lifting forever.

[quote]louiek wrote:

1. Do Starting Strength (or look here: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one)
  2. Eat lots of food.

Also, go check the sticky threads.[/quote]

x2.
What do you eat on an average day? What is your lifting program? To get those abs you probably don’t need to be eating less but you need to start training better.

It took some doing but I was able to find a picture of someone who is 5’9" and 145lbs.

The fact that it’s a girl isn’t lost on you is it?

[quote]
I really want to get into bodybuilding and getting muscular, but this all seems so overwhelming. [/quote]
If your primary goal is bodybuilding you are doing it ass-backwards.

Steps to a better you:

1. Set Goals
  2. Find a program that will lead you to your goals (Plenty on this site)
  3. Find an eating plan that will lead you to your goals (Plenty on this site)
  4. Work towards your goals with consistency and intensity until you reach them.

Sounds simple right? Here are some resources:
The Green Face Diet, so easy a cave man could do it

North of Vag, also stupid easy
http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1464

5/3/1 reloaded

Bodybuilding Routine

Also, your flare for the dramatic made me think of this:

[quote]louiek wrote:
Holy shitballs Tyler, calm down.

You’re in no position to worry about anything except:

2. Eat lots of food.

Also, go check the sticky threads.[/quote]

Eat lots of ‘good’ foods - stay away from snack foods i.e. eat a tuna fish sandwhich (the whole damn can, two even – it’s just protein) instead of a bag of chips. Eat lots of eggs. Lots. LOTS. Drink a half gallon of milk a day. When you’re hungry, think ‘What can I eat that has lots of protein?’. I imagine being young, you’re at the mercy of what your parents purchase which is why I recommend eating tons of eggs & milk. Every house has those.

Beyond that, just follow a simple basic program like starting strength and be patient.

I gave this same advice to my nephew, who is 16. He’s noticeably more muscular after 6 weeks. Not ‘huge’, but he’s definitely on the right track.

[quote]Tylurable wrote:
Some people say “take this before and after your workout for amazing muscle gains and fat losses”, others say “dont eat anything pre and post workout, as this will spike insulin and put your body into a fat storing mode”.[/quote]

Forget about all of that stupid shit. Seriously. Just clear your mind, eat a bunch of dead animals, and use a basic template like Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength to learn the ropes. I would take videos of your lifts as well so you can get feedback on your technique.

And dude, please don’t give that “I just want a six-pack” stuff. I don’t speak for everyone, but most of us aren’t exactly moderate when it comes to this. You either want to be in the game or you don’t.

You’ll thank us a year from now.