T Nation

Siamand Rahman 305 kg Bench Press

his legs are strapped to the bench?

He doesn’t have use of his legs. Not sure what the backstory is.

This footage shows him setting up for the lift: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOjP6NQ3kKY

Jesus motherfucking Christ

Best bencher ever?

…wow

Simply wow

Words can’t describe how awesome this.

This is inspirational and extremely motivating

no wrist wraps no belt no FEET and he made it look easy

how were lifters humbled before youtube came about?

I didn’t realize there was anyone out there to challenge Spoto so strongly. I am in disbelief that this guy is benching without the use of his legs though. I mean think about it, obviously zero leg drive whatsoever, but he also can’t even arch. You have to get your legs and feet set tight to have an arch. He’s just lying totally flat like a fuckin bodybuilder would. Honestly never would have thought that was possible.

I’ve heard that cripples (for lack of a better word) compensate for lack of strength in some limbs with greater strength in others. I would say he is the best bencher ever, but I don’t know if he would be stronger if he had developed his technique with functioning legs and was able to use drive and arch.

He’s so happy and convicted in what he does. You won’t find that from Spoto or Mendy. Atleast not to this extent visibly.

[quote]amayakyrol wrote:
I’ve heard that cripples (for lack of a better word) compensate for lack of strength in some limbs with greater strength in others. I would say he is the best bencher ever, but I don’t know if he would be stronger if he had developed his technique with functioning legs and was able to use drive and arch.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m sure his leg strength went to his arms so he could achieve maximum gains.

Beautiful. If this guy doesn’t inspire you, and not just to lift, something is wrong with you.

[quote]amayakyrol wrote:
I’ve heard that cripples (for lack of a better word) compensate for lack of strength in some limbs with greater strength in others. I would say he is the best bencher ever, but I don’t know if he would be stronger if he had developed his technique with functioning legs and was able to use drive and arch.[/quote]

lol

jesus

speechless…

[quote]amayakyrol wrote:

A lot of people in this world, and subsequently this forum, can’t think critically. They are going to maul you for making this comment. But I think this is a very interesting point. Kind of like how blind people have amazing hearing.

You aren’t taking anything away from this amazing guy, but you are just trying to rationalize this, magic doesn’t exist, but don’t try telling that to some people…

[quote]Consul wrote:

[quote]amayakyrol wrote:

Yeah, I’m sure his leg strength went to his arms so he could achieve maximum gains.[/quote]

I dare you to think (at all!)… just a little bit more about this.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]amayakyrol wrote:

lol

jesus[/quote]

lol

jesus

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]amayakyrol wrote:

A lot of people in this world, and subsequently this forum, can’t think critically. They are going to maul you for making this comment. But I think this is a very interesting point. Kind of like how blind people have amazing hearing.

You aren’t taking anything away from this amazing guy, but you are just trying to rationalize this, magic doesn’t exist, but don’t try telling that to some people…[/quote]

^your example is one sense taking over for another sense. This is accomplished through a reconfiguration of neural pathways within the brain. MRI studies have shown this to be the case. So it’s not really like blind people having exceptional hearing. How, exactly, does your analogy apply here? I just find the claim to be baseless, and I would like to hear a better reason than an apples to oranges analogy as to why not having the use of his legs helps him.